HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 18, 2011, 09:40 PM
Registered User
Orlando, FL
Joined Nov 2006
410 Posts
I had a servo go to the bottom and stay there. It turned out the orange wire at the plug had backed out just a smidge and contact was lost. It was the rear servo which had a small amount of tension on it.
Gardner37 is offline Find More Posts by Gardner37
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 18, 2011, 09:49 PM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
Tom Z's Avatar
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
That's good to know. I'll add it to my review of things to check for.


EDIT: I just added your post to my review.

I just got my 2,000 post!

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Last edited by Tom Z; May 18, 2011 at 09:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2011, 09:50 PM
Registered User
Spicewood, Texas
Joined Aug 2009
310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
But the heli is not stalled.. It might of stopped going up but it's not stalled..


So a hammer head turn fits better.. As you can't do a true stalled turn with a heli..
It's the exact same thing that a plane does, except that the tail has power on a heli.
Think about the fact that at neutral pitch, a spinning rotor blade is exactly like a wing.
After the turn to vertical in a 'dehammerified turnstyle', the rotor is neutral.
At the top of the 'headlonghammer stallification', the heli is indeed stalled. There is no force acting to keep it in the air.
Pushing the tail over with a rotor is the ONLY difference from a plane.

So, from now on, I'll call the maneuver 'one of dem moves that does stuff'.
Kent
akent is offline Find More Posts by akent
Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2011, 09:52 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
maukabud's Avatar
United States, OR, Deschutes
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by akent View Post
It's the exact same thing that a plane does, except that the tail has power on a heli.
Think about the fact that at neutral pitch, a spinning rotor blade is exactly like a wing.
After the turn to vertical in a 'dehammerified turnstyle', the rotor is neutral.
At the top of the 'headlonghammer stallification', the heli is indeed stalled. There is no force acting to keep it in the air.
Pushing the tail over with a rotor is the ONLY difference from a plane.

So, from now on, I'll call the maneuver 'one of dem moves that does stuff'.
Kent
lol! +1


Technically then, if one is really performing a "stall turn" in a heli, one should chop or reduce power at the apex of the vertical "rudder over" segment of the move, thusly stalling the rotor.

From the description ("stall turn"), it sounds simply as if one is merely letting the rotor "stall" through it's own downwash (in an upright attitude), whilst descending and changing direction. (luv doing that)



Oh- pretty much O/T but.... take a moment folks to join me in a toast to my old, dearly loved aircraft that's on it's way to aircraft heaven (soon to be reborn):

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=10230



Bud, time to rebuild Bud
maukabud is offline Find More Posts by maukabud
Last edited by maukabud; May 18, 2011 at 10:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2011, 10:45 PM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maukabud View Post
lol! +1


Technically then, if one is really performing a "stall turn" in a heli, one should chop or reduce power at the apex of the vertical "rudder over" segment of the move, thusly stalling the rotor.

From the description ("stall turn"), it sounds simply as if one is merely letting the rotor "stall" through it's own downwash (in an upright attitude), whilst descending and changing direction. (luv doing that)



Oh- pretty much O/T but.... take a moment folks to join me in a toast to my old, dearly loved aircraft that's on it's way to aircraft heaven (soon to be reborn):

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=10230



Bud, time to rebuild Bud
In aero terms a stall is when the angle of attack is to great and the air no longer follows the surface and separates from it. A plane or heli going straight up has 0 angle of attack so it can not stall..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2011, 11:59 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
turboparker's Avatar
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,136 Posts
Hammerhead & stall-turn are simply different names for the same maneuver.

Why call it a stall-turn even though the plane doesn't stall? Because it's a lot easier than calling it a 'go up until you almost run out of airspeed, then pivot about the yaw axis & come back down the same way you went up' turn.



Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old May 19, 2011, 12:41 AM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
maukabud's Avatar
United States, OR, Deschutes
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
That's a pretty sloppy looking hammerhead there Joel...wouldn't cut the mustard in IMAC circles...lol! (entry and exit "needs" to be way sharper 90's for no point reductions.)


Bud, nitpicking Bud
maukabud is offline Find More Posts by maukabud
Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2011, 12:47 AM
Gone Insane .... Back Soon!!
Meebo's Avatar
Joined Dec 2010
1,572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maukabud View Post
That's a pretty sloppy looking hammerhead there Joel...wouldn't cut the mustard in IMAC circles...lol! (entry and exit "needs" to be way sharper 90's for no point reductions.)


Bud, chit stirring Bud
Fixed ya post bud
Meebo is offline Find More Posts by Meebo
Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2011, 01:03 AM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
maukabud's Avatar
United States, OR, Deschutes
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
lol!

"Meebo, monkeywrenching Meebo"



Back O/T... (before we get "yelled at")


The more I fly w/ the M/H swash, the more I likes it...crisp and clean feeling. Haven't even bothered to put the M/H mainshaft on yet...it's flying too well to bugger it up.


Bud, re-railleur Bud
maukabud is offline Find More Posts by maukabud
Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2011, 05:15 AM
Registered User
NanoFreak's Avatar
GERMANY
Joined Jun 2008
388 Posts
Hi,

I finished my MCPX full brushless now.
Great Power and very stable

10300KV Main Motor - 9T pinion
my converter and 3A ESC
For tail:
longer CFK tube 2mm - special-motorholder with tail fin - 2g outrunner
prop from 120SR
my converter - fast tail flea ESC
alu-swasplate
300 mAh Lipo - around 4 minutes
AUW is 50g

Sound of the blades is great - the white tail prop is good to see the flight direction better - I am very satisfied with the fullbrushless MCPX
NanoFreak is offline Find More Posts by NanoFreak
Last edited by NanoFreak; May 19, 2011 at 09:05 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2011, 05:37 AM
How high does it go?..duh
Pigs dont fly's Avatar
Currently in...UK
Joined Jun 2004
2,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoFreak View Post
Hi,

I finished my MCPX full brushless now.
Great Power and very stable

10300KV Main Motor - 9T pinion
my converter and 3A ESC
For tail:
longer CFK tube 2mm - special-motorholder with tail fin - 2g outrunner
prop from 120SR
my converter - fast tail flea ESC
alu-swasplate
300 mAh Lipo - around 4 minutes

Sound of the blades is great - the white tail prop is good to see the flight direction better - I am very satisfied with the fullbrushless MCPX
Looks great ! Will it tic-toc\3d now??? And whats the total weight?
Pigs dont fly is offline Find More Posts by Pigs dont fly
Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2011, 06:05 AM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Hammerhead & stall-turn are simply different names for the same maneuver.

Why call it a stall-turn even though the plane doesn't stall? Because it's a lot easier than calling it a 'go up until you almost run out of airspeed, then pivot about the yaw axis & come back down the same way you went up' turn.



Joel
Then if a stall turn is called a hammer head then what is a real stall turn called?? 1/2 a spin??
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2011, 08:58 AM
Registered User
Paderborn DE
Joined Oct 2004
1,198 Posts
Belgian stall turn?????

(FAI schedule late '80s).
PaulB is online now Find More Posts by PaulB
Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2011, 01:37 PM
Rocket Programmer
jasmine2501's Avatar
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Then if a stall turn is called a hammer head then what is a real stall turn called?? 1/2 a spin??
All three moves are called Hammerheads. There is a better distinction though, which we use in IMAC, pattern, and whatever... stall turn, tail slide, and wing-over are all Hammerheads, but they are very different. The diagram more or less shows a wingover.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2011, 03:03 PM
team sleprock
whiskykid's Avatar
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Dec 2009
3,476 Posts
after flying the snot outa my mCPx yesterday, I was about ta get 1 more flight in, when she realy started ta act weird!

upon closer inspection, I noticed the tail boom was cracked, didn't realy crash it that hard yesterday, so the damage must have already been done!

so guess what? come on guess!

yup thats right, I just happen ta have a spare tail boom support for a 250 now I have a mCPx with the 1" tail mod! ok it seems ta fly smoother!

now I just need a trex tail rotor!
whiskykid is offline Find More Posts by whiskykid
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: great day!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Blade mCP X BNF Heli... ChuckTseeker Micro Helis 15477 Nov 19, 2014 07:39 PM
Discussion Blade mCP X Discuss anything thread A Rdnek Micro Helis 457 Jul 27, 2011 12:34 AM
Discussion The New BLADE mCP X Has Arrived... ChuckTseeker Electric Heli Talk 38 Mar 27, 2011 08:35 PM
Discussion new blade mcp X anyone know anything new. epoweredrc Atlanta Area RC 6 Mar 16, 2011 09:14 PM
Discussion Blade mCP x - strictly on topic Q and A thread jdog83 Micro Helis 58 Feb 07, 2011 03:28 PM