Joined Mar 2011
1 Posts
how exactly you did the binding jr 11x and the mcpx
aprendiendolalo is offline Find More Posts by aprendiendolalo
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2011, 12:00 AM
Joined Sep 2009
306 Posts
E-flite blade mCPx review & flight! (5 min 58 sec)
earthling1984 is offline Find More Posts by earthling1984
Old Mar 11, 2011, 08:36 PM
Pro beginner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2010
745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprendiendolalo View Post
how exactly you did the binding jr 11x and the mcpx
Tx: JR 11x, JR DSM2 module. HH's version may be different.

Create new profile/model in Tx, leave all settings default, DSM type, Heli type, swash type is 1 servo 90deg. My Tx defaults to Mode 1 for new models so I changed mine to mode 2.

Switch off Tx.

Turn on mcpx - wait until lights are flickering continuously - that's bind mode.

There's the bind button on the Tx's DSM2 module - press and hold while turning on the Tx. Select RF-ON to turn on transmission. Keep the bind button pressed.

Wait until the mcpx's light turns solid. When it does, binding is complete.
rchelijc is online now Find More Posts by rchelijc
Old Mar 12, 2011, 04:55 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,533 Posts
Futaba 10CHP settings

For those who are flying Futaba, here are the settings I'm using on my 10CHP. I also attached a Word doc.

D/R (switch D):
Low: 70%
High: 100%
Expo: -30%
Note: D/R & Expo on Ch 1 & 2 only

End Point

1 Aile 100/100
2 Elev 100/100
3 Thro 100/100
4 Rudd 100/100
5 Gyro 100/100
6 Pitch 75/75

Reverse: 1 Aile, 2 Elev, 3 Thro, 4 Rudd, 6 Pitc

Parameter
Type: Helicopter
Swash: H-1
Modul: PPM

Gyro Sense
N/A

Condition
Idle-up: Switch E
1) Center
2) Down
3) Inhibit

Throttle Hold: Switch G Down

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 12, 2011, 05:52 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cable Guy View Post
in american: awesome man thanks!

in aussie: good show mate!
You're confusing us Aussies with the English! (a common mistake). Try "Cheers mate"
Good Times is offline Find More Posts by Good Times
Old Mar 12, 2011, 08:35 AM
Suspended Account
Pittsburgh PA
Joined Dec 2004
2,365 Posts
oops, CHEERS!!
Cable Guy is offline Find More Posts by Cable Guy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 12, 2011, 09:33 AM
Joined Mar 2011
173 Posts
Quote:
I think someone said the gyros did nothing while the throttle was off?

Does the swashplate move if you tip the heli with the motor stopped?
Hi Robin

with the throttle all the way down , the gyros are inhibited , once you throttle up , even a small amount , the gyros start to correct for tipping

the cyclic works regardless of throttle position though

and if you use throttle hold , you can still see pitch changes , and cyclic changes , but the gyros are inhibited , cheers
mCP_X is offline Find More Posts by mCP_X
Old Mar 12, 2011, 09:49 AM
Joined Mar 2011
173 Posts
Hi
there has been a lot of talk about the blade grip bearings failing , and whether they are installed correctly , or just not up to par , or damaged in crashes , it is not clear at this point what is causing this problem

if you are hovering inside , close to yourself and at eye level , please be warned , that the blades can fly off , and with headspeeds up around 4000 RPM , you do not want to get hit in the face ( eyes ) , this is true with all helis , and i am just mentioning it as a safety issue

there are two schools of thought on what the proper way to install the bearings should be

i am uploading a photo from another thread , that has a good closeup of both sides of the bladegrip bearings

the bearing on the right shows the wider outer race , and is being called the silver side

and the bearing on the left shows the narrower outer race and since you can see the copper ball retaining cage , it is Being called the copper side

there is one consensus that the bearing should be installed , so that the silver side is closest to the main shaft , the idea being that the thicker edge will take more of the thrust load

and as usual with the web , you can find posts telling you the opposite

here is a link to the other side of the coin , saying that the problem is having the ball retainer cage facing out as the cause of the problem

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=6415

this pretty much leaves it to you to decide what is the right way to install the bearings , both arguments make sense

i've also included a rough sketch of a cross section of one blade grip , with the bearings installed

the blade grip is in blue , and the spindle shaft is in brown , due to centripetal force , the blade grip would be trying to go towards the right , , pulling the outer race with it , the inner race is held in place by the dark brown shoulder on the spindle shaft , due to the blade grips inner shoulder , the bearing on the right is taking pretty much all of the thrust load

please note : none of this has been confirmed by HH , and what i am posting is just a consensus picked up off the web , i am posting just so people are aware of some of the problems being posted

it has also been suggested that the bearing can be swapped out for Alight 250 washout bearings , that may be of a better quality , the size of these bearing is 4mm X 1.5mm X 1.2mm

also i feel that over time the actual issue here will be resolved , whether it turns out to be that new , better bearings are needed , or that it is just being sure the bearings are installed correctly , so i think it is important to get this information out

what i find interesting , is that even with three camps , being say , copper in , copper out , and new Align bearings , because there are so many people flying , collectively we will get to the bottom of the issue , or perhaps HH will weigh in and come up with a solution
mCP_X is offline Find More Posts by mCP_X
Last edited by mCP_X; Mar 12, 2011 at 01:03 PM.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 02:04 PM
...into the mists of time...
Joined Jul 2007
1,225 Posts
Count me amongst the new MCPx owner's. it was just sitting there on the LHS shelf, all by it's little lonesome self and I just couldn't resist!

I've hovered it in the garage a couple of times (23mph gusts outside). Amazingly stable, almost like the mSR's I'm used to but I could tell it could move fast if I pushed the sticks around. I was surprised though that It was overall easier to fly than I thought it would be.
Warhorse is offline Find More Posts by Warhorse
Old Mar 12, 2011, 03:02 PM
Tail-in hover expert ;)
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Aug 2006
936 Posts
I'm going to replace the bearings on the blade grips of my mCPx with the spare bearings from my GAUI 200. I noticed on one side the cage is visible. Which side should be facing out (towards the blade) when putting this on the mCPx blade grip?

mediclavina is offline Find More Posts by mediclavina
Old Mar 12, 2011, 11:25 PM
Pro beginner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2010
745 Posts
Reducing effect of tail blowout

This 'discovery' is not really something I went looking for.

anyway, I've been planting my mcpx into the grass/glass/etc badly trying to figure out why all of a sudden I lost cyclic authority. It turns out I set dual rates on the rudder switch (I swear I thought I set them to flight modes.. oh well..)

Long story short, splintered the CF tail boom, and noticed that it got pushed into the frame a little. I pulled it out, CA'ed the fibres back together then decided to not push it all the way in like it was before.

[I got this way back with the Blade 400 - I set the stock gyro just until tail-wag disappeared. But, as the tail belt loosened during break in, you had to re-tension it by pulling the boom out a little. This caused tail-wag to come back due to more pivot force from the longer boom, and I had to dial the gyro down again.]

The net result - slightly longer boom, and better tail authority. Tail blow-outs on the mcpx are reduced on throttle punch-outs.

In terms of CG, it probably moved a little, but the FBL took care of that.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 11:42 PM
Pro beginner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2010
745 Posts
Low-tech solution to a high tech problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mCP_X View Post
Hi
there has been a lot of talk about the blade grip bearings failing .....
Well, I'm sure most of you by now have lost a ball-link or five. So many have used thread (I've seen someone use a copper wire) to tie them and hold them together.

I used 30lb test braided fishing line, tied to both ball links, and looped under the feathering shaft so even if both unlinked in a crash, they'd be unable to fly off to oblivion. 30lb is overkill, but that's what I've got spare.

What 30lb braid is good for is holding one blade grip to the other, in case of bearing failure. so use some strong braid (I used 50lb for absolute security), looped around each blade grip (between blade and feathering shaft) and made a slightly loose loop to allow movement, but not too much so that it could get caught elsewhere. From the looks of it, it doesn't look like it could get caught anyway since the whole head moves as one.

There you go - peace of mind as you fly. In the event of a bearing failure, it'll be one lovely snap and tumble, but at least the blade stays with the heli and won't embed itself in someone's eye.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 12:00 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,010 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchelijc View Post
Well, I'm sure most of you by now have lost a ball-link or five. So many have used thread (I've seen someone use a copper wire) to tie them and hold them together.

I used 30lb test braided fishing line, tied to both ball links, and looped under the feathering shaft so even if both unlinked in a crash, they'd be unable to fly off to oblivion. 30lb is overkill, but that's what I've got spare.

What 30lb braid is good for is holding one blade grip to the other, in case of bearing failure. so use some strong braid (I used 50lb for absolute security), looped around each blade grip (between blade and feathering shaft) and made a slightly loose loop to allow movement, but not too much so that it could get caught elsewhere. From the looks of it, it doesn't look like it could get caught anyway since the whole head moves as one.

There you go - peace of mind as you fly. In the event of a bearing failure, it'll be one lovely snap and tumble, but at least the blade stays with the heli and won't embed itself in someone's eye.
Here you go.
Ron
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=6613
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Old Mar 13, 2011, 11:18 AM
Pro beginner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2010
745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rdnek View Post
Nice one rdnek (u a keen fisherman by any chance?)... unfortunately I cant keep up with that thread

I knotted the loop above the main shaft so it forms like a fig-8 when viewed from above - zero chance of interfering with the blade collective movements.

Old Mar 13, 2011, 11:22 AM
Joined Apr 2009
139 Posts
hey everyone my lhs just got these in stock, heading down to get one, i have a question

the blades that come with it

should i start with the stunt blades or the fast flight blades?

ill be flying with my dx6i

just wanted to know witch one would be more stable in learning hovering

im not new to cp i have a blade 400, but this little sucker looks very responsive!
stompjrkz400 is offline Find More Posts by stompjrkz400