HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 16, 2011, 03:27 PM
United States, AK, Ketchikan
Joined Mar 2008
1,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeylord View Post
I posted this in the other thread. I've had a few flights since, no sign of weakness so far...
That's a brilliant idea, so I'll have to see if I can track down some pins that are the right size. I placed and order for spares from HZ, but I just got my shipment notification and it was the only item that didn't ship because it's now out of stock.

Med or thin CA? I have both, but no accelerator.

Also, did you just force it through, heat it up, drill a small hole first, or what?
bdshort is offline Find More Posts by bdshort
Last edited by bdshort; Mar 16, 2011 at 03:47 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2011, 03:46 PM
Joined Sep 2009
98 Posts
I used thin, hoping it would wick in a bit.
turkeylord is offline Find More Posts by turkeylord
Old Mar 16, 2011, 05:53 PM
United States, CA, Santa Rosa
Joined Mar 2011
878 Posts
Broke the elevater ball on my swashplate today, went to the LHS to get another one and was told they are back ordered till late May. Called 2 others, same story.

So HH sells a heli and expects us to leave it on the shelf for 2 months!
asosestrom is offline Find More Posts by asosestrom
Old Mar 16, 2011, 06:08 PM
hmmm...
Joined Sep 2008
1,370 Posts
my blade mcp x is for sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested
HeliStyle is offline Find More Posts by HeliStyle
Old Mar 16, 2011, 06:33 PM
Gold Coast Coolangata, Australia
Joined Nov 2003
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asosestrom View Post
Broke the elevater ball on my swashplate today, went to the LHS to get another one and was told they are back ordered till late May. Called 2 others, same story.

So HH sells a heli and expects us to leave it on the shelf for 2 months!
Man, this sounds like the same thing that happenned a year ago with the Blade SR. Waited 2 months for main gears. Don't these guys (HH) ever learn???

Cheers,
TomC
TomC is offline Find More Posts by TomC
Old Mar 16, 2011, 06:34 PM
Joined Mar 2011
878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeylord View Post
I used thin, hoping it would wick in a bit.
Brilliant idea. Found a suitable, carefully worked it through, snipped it and now letting glue dry. I will install it and fly it later tonight.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 06:43 PM
Tampa, Fl
Joined Jan 2002
700 Posts
Just had the first flight with this little heli on my dX6i. I was able to flip it over and it holds very well. You have to take it easy on the collective or it will bog pretty badly though. Learning that cost me a few unplanned "landings" in the grass. No damage though. Tough little heli.

Going to need more batteries. :-)

I like it!
RobDog is online now Find More Posts by RobDog
Old Mar 16, 2011, 07:04 PM
Fly
United States, OR, Beaverton
Joined Jul 2005
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
Man, this sounds like the same thing that happenned a year ago with the Blade SR. Waited 2 months for main gears. Don't these guys (HH) ever learn???

Cheers,
TomC
This is a complete load of crap. From the number of swashplates breaking, probably half the owners will be out of a chopper soon, and we'll all have to wait 2 more months to fly. HH, this is crap!!!!!

A bunch of other stuff is also out of stock till late May, like the ball linkages, rotor head, grommets, and main gears, and shaft. Why did they even bother releasing this chopper, it's going to get them a lot of bad recognition when no one can fly them and the blades are poking out eyeballs.
redjoe is offline Find More Posts by redjoe
Old Mar 16, 2011, 07:38 PM
Joined Mar 2011
2 Posts
Shirt Pin "fix" for the broken ball on the rear of the swashplate

Genius ! Works great. I'm using the Kirkland variety pins from a new dress shirt.

It works great. And it's plenty tough. I snipped the pin to a short length, heated it up for a second on the stove gas burner and pushed it through the plastic. Then added a drop of CA to really hold it in place.
Pakoenig is offline Find More Posts by Pakoenig
Last edited by Pakoenig; Mar 16, 2011 at 08:23 PM.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 07:41 PM
...into the mists of time...
Joined Jul 2007
1,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakoenig View Post
Genius ! Works great. I'm using the Kirkland variety pins from a new dress shirt.
OMG, that's funny! But if it works....

I need to get some new shirts too!
Warhorse is offline Find More Posts by Warhorse
Old Mar 16, 2011, 08:00 PM
Joined Mar 2011
2 Posts
Blade bearings - copper sides "out" - no problems yet

I blew out an inner (screw side, not shaft side) bearing. My inner bearing was installed with the silver side toward the screw and it failed with the inner race still on the feathering shaft. Luckily I was spinning up at my workdesk and holding the heli. The blade only grazed my shoulder. Surprise !

Then I discovered the chatter on the forums. So repair/upgrade time.

Tried to get the Align bearings, but nothing locally. So I took a chance and bought another set of E-flite blade holders. Based on various postings, I removed and reinstalled the inner (screw side) bearings with the copper showing. So far no problems. And I've been flying it much harder and with more crashes (sigh ...) than before when i had the failure of the factory configuration.

So, I guess for now I vote to have the bearing installed with the copper side showing. It's working for me so far.
Pakoenig is offline Find More Posts by Pakoenig
Old Mar 16, 2011, 08:18 PM
United States, NJ, Manville
Joined May 2006
1,572 Posts
Keep an eye on microheli...There should be some upgrade parts from them soon....If you go on their web site they do have the MCPX listed and it says Products will be soon updated in this category....So I guess they are producing the upgrade parts...Keep a tab on the parts prone to failure and only replace those parts to keep the over all weight down...
skizziks is offline Find More Posts by skizziks
Old Mar 16, 2011, 08:22 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakoenig View Post

It works great. And it's plenty tough. I snipped the pin to a short length, heated it up for a second on the stove gas burner and pushed it through the plastic. Then added a drop of CA to really hold it in place.
So Costco has hobby parts now Cool!!!!
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Mar 16, 2011, 09:07 PM
Joined Mar 2011
878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
So Costco has hobby parts now Cool!!!!
Not sure where my pin came from but the pin fix is in.......airborne!
Old Mar 16, 2011, 09:16 PM
hmmm...
Joined Sep 2008
1,370 Posts
Yay I fixed it it wasn't bound properly to he transmitter lol I feel like an idiot.

AnyWays

How long of flight times are you guys getting? The max I can go is 6 mins then lvc kicks in.

Also when you guys hit around 4 mins does you guys heli start to shutter or shake alittle due to low voltage?

Thanks for everyones help
HeliStyle is offline Find More Posts by HeliStyle