HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 16, 2011, 01:30 PM
Gold Coast Coolangata, Australia
Joined Nov 2003
1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy1 View Post
Jut wondering how many of you follow the instructions on where the correct battery placement is.
I just take a nail file to round off those little stops off and they slide into the holder (all the way) easier, and hold fine, even in crashes.

Cheers,
TomC
TomC is offline Find More Posts by TomC
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2011, 01:44 PM
M____ FL__RS
SA AUS.
Joined Jul 2010
559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
I just take a nail file to round off those little stops off and they slide into the holder (all the way) easier, and hold fine, even in crashes.

Cheers,
TomC
did it affect cg at all?
ransideous is offline Find More Posts by ransideous
Old Mar 16, 2011, 01:49 PM
Joined Mar 2011
173 Posts
Hi
i just slide the battery in until it hits the stops , and the CG turns out right , it is easy to see if it were pushed in past the stops it would be nose heavy

you can loop a bit of string around the spindle to check CG since there is no flybar hang it by , best regards
mCP_X is offline Find More Posts by mCP_X
Last edited by mCP_X; Mar 16, 2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 02:05 PM
Gold Coast Coolangata, Australia
Joined Nov 2003
1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mCP_X View Post
Hi
i just slide the battery in until it hits the stops , and the CG turns out right , it is easy to see if it were pushed in past the stops it would be nose heavy

you can loop a bit of string around the spindle to check CG since there is no flybar hang it by , best regards
I agree. With the battery pushed all the way in it is a very little nose-heavy. I've flown it both ways (w/flips/rolls) and cannot tell much difference. Maybe tracks a little better in fast forward flight outdoors with the slightly nose heavy balance.

I think that the FBL system handles a bit of a range of CG's, esp. since the heli is so light anyway.

I tend to favour a very slightly nose-heavy cg on all my heli's.

Cheers,
TomC
TomC is offline Find More Posts by TomC
Old Mar 16, 2011, 02:12 PM
Piro-maniac
Aiken, SC
Joined Feb 2007
1,262 Posts
Mine would constantly drift backwards ever so slightly but everything looked level and the TX was set up right.

Cut the tabs, pushed the battery all the way in and no more drift, even though it hangs slightly nose-heavy.
shizack is offline Find More Posts by shizack
Old Mar 16, 2011, 02:13 PM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helifrek View Post
There you are Tony! how ya been? long time no see since I joined the Army Still working on Hawks but am enjoying some "down time" since I got back from Iraq. I made the adjustment in D/R with position zero but instead I will go in and adjust it in travel and see if that fixes it. I have been getting some crazy wobbles with this thing after hard rolls and slowing down from FFF..... I'll try to get the wife to video my next flight so maybe you can see whats going on.

+1 for a metal swash, this plastic one has a lot of play for such a little bird. brushless would be nice to
Hanging in there. My wife passed on Aug 22nd. She was on home Hospice for months so it was not unexpected but she was doing well up till a few days before. Been burrying myself in Quads, Tris, Y6, and helis to keep my mind sane.

I agree 100% on the swash. It has a ton of play but I cannot believe how good it flies though. I also put 4G3/4G6 bearings in the inside of grips to get rid of the play in the FS. Cant do both or the FS binds. I assume they are all like that cus I have 2 and they both have play like the head needs to be shimmed.
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 16, 2011, 02:17 PM
M____ FL__RS
SA AUS.
Joined Jul 2010
559 Posts
sorry to hear about your wife tony, my condolences...
ransideous is offline Find More Posts by ransideous
Old Mar 16, 2011, 02:25 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
I have 2 and they both have play like the head needs to be shimmed.
I wonder if the tiny brass washers from the mSR would work to tighten up that play.
sviking is offline Find More Posts by sviking
Old Mar 16, 2011, 02:27 PM
If it ain't broke, fix it.
USA, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2004
1,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
Hanging in there. My wife passed on Aug 22nd. She was on home Hospice for months so it was not unexpected but she was doing well up till a few days before. Been burrying myself in Quads, Tris, Y6, and helis to keep my mind sane.

I agree 100% on the swash. It has a ton of play but I cannot believe how good it flies though. I also put 4G3/4G6 bearings in the inside of grips to get rid of the play in the FS. Cant do both or the FS binds. I assume they are all like that cus I have 2 and they both have play like the head needs to be shimmed.
I'm really sorry to hear about that Tony. I can't even imagine what you are going through.

-Hash
Hasher66 is offline Find More Posts by Hasher66
Old Mar 16, 2011, 02:30 PM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ransideous View Post
sorry to hear about your wife tony, my condolences...
Thank you My wife had MS. She was only 42 and we were togeather 23 years. She was not able to fed herself for the last 8-9 years and I was her only caregiver so we spent 23 hours a day togeather. Atleast she is not suffering anymore. Helis and multirotors have helped me alot. Oh yeah and my Italian Greyhound too.
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 16, 2011, 02:33 PM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sviking View Post
I wonder if the tiny brass washers from the mSR would work to tighten up that play.
If they fit put them between the brass step washer and the dampeners. When you tighten the featherg shaft if its is too tight they will not work but if the grips spin free you are all set.
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 16, 2011, 02:33 PM
Shine On !
Northern Ohio
Joined Feb 2003
995 Posts
Does anyone else live in the armpit of the world for weather? So I step outside and check the weather... sun is shining...mid 40's...no wind. Ready the heli, get back outside and there's the wind...10-15mph gusting on occasion...grrrrr.
Time to test this thing in the wind. I'm truly amazed a 1.5oz bird can handle it so well. Admittedly I had to work the collective pretty hard to maintain altitude but it wasn't being pushed around hardly at all...almost no cyclic corrections for the wind....remarkable. Still doing simple circuits and hovering for now until I get more comfortable with the bird. Been flying fp for quite a while now. Had a micro cp bird before. Got to where I was comfortable with flips, loops and rolls but I do have a long way to go before I attempt other stunts.
Just a few flights but I'm impressed so far.
Oh with the battery pushed up to it's stop my heli balances dead level...seems to fly fine that way. I haven't touched the trims yet...but then again I'm not sure with these gyros that would be necessary. I did notice on an inadvertant hard landing in the wind I got a little vibration when returning to the air. Not sure if that was the gyros not being happy with my skills or something else. I'm gonna weigh the blades this evening and make sure they're balanced.
AtomHeartMother is offline Find More Posts by AtomHeartMother
Old Mar 16, 2011, 02:35 PM
Newton, NJ
Joined May 2003
1,884 Posts
I just joined the mcp x owner club; took a ride over to the LHS while on my lunch hour. Looks like I've got some reading to do WRT to the grips/spindle/bearings issue...FWIW, I picked up a spare set of grips w/ bearings and the silver side is showing on each bearing, just another data point.
BuzzBomber is offline Find More Posts by BuzzBomber
Old Mar 16, 2011, 02:36 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ransideous View Post
disagree, this is my my 1st 4ch (as well as my 1st cp). this thing is perfect to learn on, with lowered rates. teaches proper heli skills unlike the msr. yes the msr is easier, affording quicker learning of orientation(but so does a sim), but it just doesn't fly right, imho. i flew my friends msr 5-6 times and really didn't like it. maybe all my sim time on cp's had something to do with it. just my 2c worth.....
I have been saying this for a month now.. And I'll say it again I would skip the mSR and have people go from a MCX to the mCP once they can hover and fly the mCX.. and set up the mCP in a beginner mode..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Mar 16, 2011, 02:36 PM
Joined Sep 2009
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdshort View Post
The one I broke is on the lower plate, the one the rear servo link connects to.
I posted this in the other thread. I've had a few flights since, no sign of weakness so far...
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeylord View Post
I snapped my rear ball off the swash too, but I didn't think that repair would last, so I found something different... I found a pin (from a recently purchased shirt) whose head was the right size to snap into the link, pushed it through the plastic of the swash arm, snipped it off to length and CA'd it in place.
turkeylord is offline Find More Posts by turkeylord