HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 30, 2011, 11:31 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
United States, OR, Deschutes
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
I'm going to cannibalize my Hobbyking UM 6 plug adapter and solder 6 mCP header plugs on it instead....what the heck...it was a buck fitty. Then I'll use my trusty Accucell6 or Eco6 to push the juice.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10621

Using the Hyperion adapter for mSr batts. Although I plan on getting enuff connector stock to do it either way.
maukabud is offline Find More Posts by maukabud
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2011, 01:23 AM
United States, AK, Ketchikan
Joined Mar 2008
1,377 Posts
To the person who made the springy servo link for the rudder to prevent breakage of the ball... How is it working? I have my new swash but I don't want to install it if it's just going to break again and I already have one pin head swash that works fine!
bdshort is offline Find More Posts by bdshort
Old Mar 31, 2011, 01:50 AM
M____ FL__RS
SA AUS.
Joined Jul 2010
559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdshort View Post
To the person who made the springy servo link for the rudder to prevent breakage of the ball... How is it working? I have my new swash but I don't want to install it if it's just going to break again and I already have one pin head swash that works fine!
what rudder link? it's dd. do you mean elevator ball link?
ransideous is offline Find More Posts by ransideous
Old Mar 31, 2011, 04:22 AM
Pro beginner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2010
749 Posts
0deg pitch at 50% throttle stick, always, for a CP.

You can set up what you want after or before, but its a good habit to have the throttle stick past middle for hover - it'll teach you how to hold the radio especially for thumb flyers to get full range of motion without accidentally mixing rudder inputs.

Muscle memory at midstick is a good thing to have, since there's no spring for the centre unlike the other controls.
rchelijc is online now Find More Posts by rchelijc
Old Mar 31, 2011, 07:27 AM
Joined Aug 2010
45 Posts
Hi!

Just found an easy way for pitch measuring. Not my idea, though, was a picture in a german forum, . Iīm still convinced, that you donīt need exact measurement for pitch on this little bugger, but for people who want it, this "pitch-gauge" seems to do the job.

Greez

doc-g
doc-g is offline Find More Posts by doc-g
Old Mar 31, 2011, 08:03 AM
Florida
Joined Jul 2010
796 Posts
Quote:
Quite a few pilots are using them.No breakages so far.Having it flex a bit,like the aileron servos,seems to be the solution.
destinbeachman is offline Find More Posts by destinbeachman
Old Mar 31, 2011, 11:51 AM
Pro beginner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2010
749 Posts
Microheli blade grips - MH-MCPX002 - anyone tried them yet?
rchelijc is online now Find More Posts by rchelijc
Old Mar 31, 2011, 11:58 AM
M____ FL__RS
SA AUS.
Joined Jul 2010
559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchelijc View Post
Microheli blade grips - MH-MCPX002 - anyone tried them yet?
they look better now we c weight......0.02 LIGHTER than stock.......
but will they retain grips on bearing failure......

ps 3 bearings per grip, non shielded type... interesting...
ransideous is offline Find More Posts by ransideous
Last edited by ransideous; Mar 31, 2011 at 12:11 PM.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 03:12 PM
Joined Mar 2008
1,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinbeachman View Post
Quite a few pilots are using them.No breakages so far.Having it flex a bit,like the aileron servos,seems to be the solution.
Anyone remember off hand what post number they were discussed in? I think I'd like to make one.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 03:17 PM
Florida
Joined Jul 2010
796 Posts
Quote:
Anyone remember off hand what post number they were discussed in? I think I'd like to make one.
Take an extra aileron pushrod,re-bend it so the bend is on the very bottom,match the length to your existing elevator pushrod,and enjoy.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 03:25 PM
Joined Mar 2008
1,377 Posts
Perfect, thanks!
Old Mar 31, 2011, 05:16 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Man, talk about fast service from HH! I just called them on Monday about a bum swashplate and battery with my brand new mCP X. Both parts were backordered and were still backordered when I checked the HH site yesterday. They just showed up via UPS.
sviking is offline Find More Posts by sviking
Old Mar 31, 2011, 05:28 PM
Florida
Joined Jul 2010
796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sviking View Post
Man, talk about fast service from HH! I just called them on Monday about a bum swashplate and battery with my brand new mCP X. Both parts were backordered and were still backordered when I checked the HH site yesterday. They just showed up via UPS.
I think their support is more than compensation for their alledged multitiude of sins.They are like the AAA of helis.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 05:32 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinbeachman View Post
I think their support is more than compensation for their alledged multitiude of sins.They are like the AAA of helis.
No kidding. I had a bad 4-in-1 unit on my CX2, but I went ahead and bought a CX3 unit for the heading hold gyro, which I was intending to do anyway, but not so quickly. Talking less than 10 flights... I'd just gotten my mSR and there were reports of bum 5-in-1 boards with that bird. I was still pissed about the CX2 unit, so I called HH and explained my situation asking if they could credit me the $40 for a replacement unit towards a $60 mSR board since I didn't need a CX2 one. They just sent me the mSR board for free. Awesome.
sviking is offline Find More Posts by sviking
Old Mar 31, 2011, 06:02 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
Can't beat HH for support, I order the new blade grips with the B on them, interesting to see how long it takes for them to get here, although these are flying fine.

I have fallen in love with this little guy, I can't believe I am reading that folks have broken theirs, I have crashed....lots of times and never so much as a snapped link or main gear popping down. I was flying yesterday and got too far away after some sloppy flips and I couldn't tell if I was heading for the trees/creek so I just hit the throttle hold and it fluttered out of the sky....guess you really can't auto this thing but it landed so soft I just picked it up, held it in my hand and launched again. Try that with a 500 sized heli and it would cost at least $50 in repairs.

This heli is a winner
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox