HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 29, 2011, 08:17 PM
Canada, SK, Prince Albert
Joined Aug 2006
638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sviking View Post
Fairplane, the actual size is 1.5 x 4 x 1.12 mm...

I ordered mine directly from Boca and the shipping wasn't that bad. They simply cannot be the exact same bearings if they're selling a single one for $5.95 and a pack of 10 for $10. Doesn't make sense unless it was simply an error on their end, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Exactly- they can't be the same- microhelis dimensions are 1.5x4x1.2mm
fairplane is online now Find More Posts by fairplane
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2011, 08:27 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairplane View Post
Exactly- they can't be the same- microhelis dimensions are 1.5x4x1.2mm
Strange. The stock bearings are 1.5 x 4 x 1.12 and the Bocas I ordered were the same size. Fit perfectly and were, obviously, exactly the same size as the Blade/E-flite bearings when I compared them side-to-side under a magnifying glass. The 1.12 mm measurement is the ID of the inner race, right? Wouldn't the larger 1.2 mm dimension make for a rather sloppy feathering spindle fit?
sviking is offline Find More Posts by sviking
Old Mar 29, 2011, 08:30 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
hhps@horizonhobby.com I had to attach the file to sent email but you could also fax it
That addressed did the trick, thanks vronny!

Marlin
Fish99 is online now Find More Posts by Fish99
Old Mar 29, 2011, 08:34 PM
Student of ohms law
Owego, New York
Joined Apr 2007
597 Posts
Quote:
Strange. The stock bearings are 1.5 x 4 x 1.12 and the Bocas I ordered were the same size. Fit perfectly and were, obviously, exactly the same size as the Blade/E-flite bearings when I compared them side-to-side under a magnifying glass. The 1.12 mm measurement is the ID of the inner race, right? Wouldn't the larger 1.2 mm dimension make for a rather sloppy feathering spindle fit?

Maybe you should go measure your feathering shaft! Its 1.5...
weasel53 is offline Find More Posts by weasel53
Old Mar 29, 2011, 08:36 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by weasel53 View Post
That's why I asked. I don't have a micrometer.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 08:38 PM
S.E Missouri
Joined Mar 2010
196 Posts
Quote:
1.12 is the width of the bearing , im pretty sure, the inner diam is 1.5
Deserthobbies is offline Find More Posts by Deserthobbies
Old Mar 29, 2011, 08:42 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserthobbies View Post
1.12 is the width of the bearing , im pretty sure, the inner diam is 1.5
Actually, it's probably the thickness. It's 4mm across in width. Has to be from using the TLAR method.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 08:44 PM
Student of ohms law
Owego, New York
Joined Apr 2007
597 Posts
Quote:
That's why I asked. I don't have a micrometer.
Then i suggest picking up a digital caliper at Harbor Freight Tools! They are indispensable if you are going to own and work on helis! Dont know how you have gotten by without one??
weasel53 is offline Find More Posts by weasel53
Old Mar 29, 2011, 08:45 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Then i suggest picking up a digital caliper at Harbor Freight Tools! They are indispensable if you are going to own and work on helis! Dont know how you have gotten by without one??
Me, either. Only been in the heli game since 1993.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 09:07 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,134 Posts
Mini flight report w/Hyp 240s

Temps were in the low 40s & the wind was calm when I got home today, so I flew a few Hyp 240s outdoors to see how they perform.

With the Hyp cells, the headspeed doesn't fall off right away, as it does with the stock cells. The Hyp 240s also maintain headspeed much later into the flight. There was considerably less rotor bog during pitch-pumps. I also noticed that the right stick felt a bit more crisp, due to the increased headspeed. My flights were a mix of hovering, slow-flight, pitch-pumps, and FFF.

Flight conditions:
910 AMSL
42 F
Calm

Configuration:
Weighted blades
Bare Hyp 240 cell w/mCP X connector
Dylan's Hyp 240 holder
AUW: 45.46g

Flight-time: 5.5 min
Discharge depth: 75%

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 29, 2011, 09:31 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
19,428 Posts
got a link to those bearings you bought?

Quote:
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Mar 29, 2011, 09:35 PM
UH-60 Blackhawk Mechanic
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Feb 2004
2,721 Posts
14+ years in rc helis. no digital calipers here
helifrek is offline Find More Posts by helifrek
Old Mar 29, 2011, 09:50 PM
Heli Mad
Australia, VIC, Elsternwick
Joined Feb 2002
960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
got a link to those bearings you bought?
http://www.bocabearings.com/bearing-...1XCX10-15x4x12

ID 1.5mm x OD 4mm x Width 1.12mm
stevebarrow is offline Find More Posts by stevebarrow
Old Mar 29, 2011, 10:05 PM
Chicago 'burbs
Joined May 2006
1,682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairplane View Post
This is what the description is at microheli- not chrome but stainless steel. The Bocca brgs description is chrome.Stainless is very hard and durable and will not chip or peel like chrome can. But I'm sure they will all work if they are designed for axial loads

The Precision Blade Grip Radial Bearing 1.5x4x1.2mm set is made from Stainless Steel to replace the stock Blade Grip Ball Bearings on Blade mCP X helicopter. A single row radial ball bearings with ball separated by a cage can support radial loads, axial loads and tilting movements.

And yet, these MR681X ball bearings are Non-Shield type which offer greater Axial loads than the Shield type to avoid the main blade grips from stripping out under high RPM and Torque during operation.

So as you can probably tell I ordered from microheli- $6.99 for 4- not bad but $6 for shipping-a little ridiculous

As a comment, the chrome steel balls are a steel alloy with chromium as part of the alloy.They are not "plated", so they don't peel.

I am pretty sure that it doesn't really matter what material is used here. I think what matters is tolerances in the races and balls, and who knows what else!
Alan Hahn is offline Find More Posts by Alan Hahn
Old Mar 29, 2011, 10:30 PM
Chapel Hill, NC
Joined Apr 2009
112 Posts
Hello, I just got my MCP X a few days ago. I set up my DX6i with the recommended settings.

With these settings I need to have the collective at about 75-80% to maintain a hover. The response is very touchy when I move the stick up from there. Is this typical?

I have shifted the pitch curve up a bit which has been a help but I am not totally happy with it. There doesn't seem to be anything to adjust on the heli. Does anyone have any suggestions?
DAC1 is offline Find More Posts by DAC1