SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 29, 2011, 04:33 PM
Florida
Joined Jul 2010
796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maukabud View Post
Yay, I'm finally flying mine. Fascinating. Definite learning curve.

Broke the elev swash ball off...got that outta the way.

Couldn't find the exact size "dress shirt pins"...ridiculous...a grown man, dremeling, filing, sanding, buffing and polishing away on.....a pin head! LOL!

This heli really takes one out of their comfort zone...just finding parts...sewing stores full of old ladies...fishing line technical stats...LOL!

Was wondering why it was so sketchy feeling...then did the ol' "Bob special Home Depot gear seating tool" trick....*snap*...ah so...that's how it's supposed to fly.

Using Bob's tx # settings...verr nice for tight indoor quarters. Thanks Bobo.

Cool heli...gonna bring it to work and fly in the gym I usually fly my 4Site in.

sorry blurry pics...battery eating camera.

Bud, happy Bud
Bud,while you're modding,do this to your rear servo pushrod,and save your swashplate.
destinbeachman is offline Find More Posts by destinbeachman
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2011, 04:34 PM
This is my Nemesis....
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
^^^ Must do!
ViperZ is offline Find More Posts by ViperZ
Old Mar 29, 2011, 04:37 PM
Heli Mad
Australia, VIC, Elsternwick
Joined Feb 2002
985 Posts
Where are the videos of these catch landings?
stevebarrow is offline Find More Posts by stevebarrow
Old Mar 29, 2011, 04:40 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebarrow View Post
Where are the videos of these catch landings?
I catch mine almost every time....that I dont crash it
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Mar 29, 2011, 04:54 PM
HELP I AM BEING SET UP!!
United States, OR, Deschutes
Joined Jul 2009
3,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinbeachman View Post
Bud,while you're modding,do this to your rear servo pushrod,and save your swashplate.
Ya thanx Des...plan to...parts on the way.
maukabud is offline Find More Posts by maukabud
Old Mar 29, 2011, 04:57 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Just got another automated response about the grips from the second email address I send the form to. The first one was hhps@horzonhobby.com. I already posted that email. Here's the second one:

Thank you for contacting Horizon Hobby Product Support.

The Blade Grips will be fulfilled in the order they are received. I can not give an accurate ship date.

If you should need further assistance regarding this issue please reply to this e-mail.

If you need other Product Support assistance, please feel free to e-mail us at productsupport@horizonhobby.com or contact us toll-free at 1-877-504-0233.

Thank You,

Marc ‘RC’ | Product Support | Email Support: productsupport@horizonhobby.com | Toll Free: 1-877-504-0233

Horizon Hobby | 4105 Fieldstone Road Champaign, IL 61822 | New Products at: http://www.horizonhobby.com
sviking is offline Find More Posts by sviking
Old Mar 29, 2011, 05:24 PM
This is my Nemesis....
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
^^^ OK, not that it really matters but I resent my request to the productsupport@horizonhobby.com

No biggie as I have the "Anti Slingblade" Spectra in place, and I have MicroHeli aluminum holders on pre order
Old Mar 29, 2011, 05:32 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
^^^ OK, not that it really matters but I resent my request to the productsupport@horizonhobby.com

No biggie as I have the "Anti Slingblade" Spectra in place, and I have MicroHeli aluminum holders on pre order
I wonder if I'll get two replacement rotor heads. Hey, I'll take all the free spare parts I can get.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 05:32 PM
This is my Nemesis....
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
LOL great plan! Maybe I'll get 3....

*Edit* Just in my Inbox...

"To Our Customers,

Thank you for sending an e-mail to the Horizon Hobby Product Support Staff. Due to the technical nature of e-mails that we receive, please allow 3-5 business days for a response.

Your questions are important to us. If you need immediate assistance, contact our Product Support staff toll free at (877) 504-0233. Our support representatives are available Monday-Saturday, 8am-7pm CST and Sunday 12pm-7pm CST.

Sincerely,

Horizon Hobby Product Support Team"

Hey, at least I'm in a Que now, even though I sent my first request on March 24th.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 05:35 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
LOL great plan! Maybe I'll get 3....
Apparently in OZ (I think it was there), HH was telling people to just go to their hobby stores with the form in hand and get replacement grips on the spot. So much for the "pecking order" when it comes to the submission timing of ALL requests.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 05:37 PM
This is my Nemesis....
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sviking View Post
Apparently in OZ (I think it was there), HH was telling people to just go to their hobby stores with the form in hand and get replacement grips on the spot. So much for the "pecking order" when it comes to the submission timing of ALL requests.
They must have sent a boat load of them there to be able to hand out like that. Oh well, they're trying and that's good enough for me
Old Mar 29, 2011, 05:51 PM
Gone Insane .... Back Soon!!
Joined Dec 2010
1,572 Posts
Wonder if we will be the crash test dummies again
Meebo is offline Find More Posts by Meebo
Old Mar 29, 2011, 05:57 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meebo View Post
Wonder if we will be the crash test dummies again
I sure hope not. I fully intend to fly the crap out of my now "Boca bearinged" original head until it either fails in flight or gets crashed enough that it's not repairable. Then I'll use the "upgraded" head and *hopefully* I'll have it by then. Should give me plenty of time to see what the problems are (if any) with the new design.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 07:59 PM
Canada, SK, Prince Albert
Joined Aug 2006
684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebarrow View Post
I emailed Boca and was told that both were the same bearing.
This is what the description is at microheli- not chrome but stainless steel. The Bocca brgs description is chrome.Stainless is very hard and durable and will not chip or peel like chrome can. But I'm sure they will all work if they are designed for axial loads

The Precision Blade Grip Radial Bearing 1.5x4x1.2mm set is made from Stainless Steel to replace the stock Blade Grip Ball Bearings on Blade mCP X helicopter. A single row radial ball bearings with ball separated by a cage can support radial loads, axial loads and tilting movements.

And yet, these MR681X ball bearings are Non-Shield type which offer greater Axial loads than the Shield type to avoid the main blade grips from stripping out under high RPM and Torque during operation.

So as you can probably tell I ordered from microheli- $6.99 for 4- not bad but $6 for shipping-a little ridiculous
fairplane is offline Find More Posts by fairplane
Last edited by fairplane; Mar 29, 2011 at 08:16 PM. Reason: wrong price
Old Mar 29, 2011, 08:07 PM
Suspended Account
Prescott, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
2,380 Posts
Fairplane, the actual size is 1.5 x 4 x 1.12 mm...

I ordered mine directly from Boca and the shipping wasn't that bad. They simply cannot be the exact same bearings if they're selling a single one for $5.95 and a pack of 10 for $10. Doesn't make sense unless it was simply an error on their end, but that doesn't seem to be the case.