Old Mar 08, 2011, 05:09 PM
Joined Apr 2009
43 Posts
Discussion
scale A319 need help

ok folks,
im building an A319 ducted fan jet but need help setting up the radio gear
it has the usual controls ie rudder ailerons flaps and elevator
i need to set up the spoilerons on the wings and im using the futaba exa with a normal 6 channel reciever is this possible.
ie spoilers fully raised on both wings when landing (ill control these manually )and raised slightly as spoilerons
any help would be great
thanks
madaboutjets is offline Find More Posts by madaboutjets
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2011, 08:11 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
can you set it up, so that the up aileron side activates the spoiler on that side, instead of the upgoing aileron? then have the downgoing aileron operate as it normally would. this way, you should be able to mix the spoilers to either operate as spoilerons and also speed brakes on landing. just a thought.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Mar 09, 2011, 09:15 AM
Joined Apr 2009
43 Posts
A320 set up

hi
im not sure i follow
i dont think my transmitter actually has spoiler feature on there i know it has flaperon settings and elevon etc but as the receiver is only a standard 6 channel i may have to invest in a new set up with a spoiler setting
going back to the set up
there are 5 spoilers on each wing from the root numbered 1-5 numbers 2-4 are used to asist in roll number 1 is used with the rest on landing to slow the aircraft down this is where my problem is!!
hope that makes sense!
Old Mar 09, 2011, 10:45 AM
Its a Condition not Addiction
United States, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Jul 2008
2,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madaboutjets View Post
hi
im not sure i follow
i dont think my transmitter actually has spoiler feature on there i know it has flaperon settings and elevon etc but as the receiver is only a standard 6 channel i may have to invest in a new set up with a spoiler setting
going back to the set up
there are 5 spoilers on each wing from the root numbered 1-5 numbers 2-4 are used to asist in roll number 1 is used with the rest on landing to slow the aircraft down this is where my problem is!!
hope that makes sense!
So can you list the how many servos you have. If you have 1 for rudder, 2 for elevator, 2 for ailerons, 1 nose steering, that is 6 right there. List how many servos you have for control surfaces. Also are you using a Y harness. If you are, then flaps / spoilerons will not work right, unless the servos are facing the same direction on each side.
lashmett75 is offline Find More Posts by lashmett75
Old Mar 09, 2011, 01:47 PM
Joined Apr 2009
43 Posts
ok here we go
1 servo for rudder
2 for elevator
1 for speed controller

each wing has
1 servo for aileron
4 servos for flaps all connected via y lead
3 for spoilers
i need to activate the outboard spoilers to help provide roll
finally on landing i need to activate all of them in the raised position as per full size as speed brakes
im pretty sure ill need a more sophisticated rc system as i only have a 6 channel reciever although the futaba 6exa does have some mixing capability
the mind boggles!!
here is an extract of the a320 manual showing how the fullsize aircraft system works!!
Spoilers – Five spoilers are installed on each wing. From
the wing root to wing tip they are numbered 1 through 5.
All are used as ground spoilers. Numbers 2 through 5
(the 4 outboard spoilers) provide roll control. The middle three (2 – 4) provide in-flight speed brakes.
Old Mar 09, 2011, 07:08 PM
Its a Condition not Addiction
United States, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Jul 2008
2,894 Posts
By my count you will be 2 channel short. Unless you elevator servos are on a reverser or facing the same direction. You didnt list nose steering servo either. I would say you need a 9 channel radio and rcvr.

James

Quote:
Originally Posted by madaboutjets View Post
ok here we go
1 servo for rudder
2 for elevator
1 for speed controller

each wing has
1 servo for aileron
4 servos for flaps all connected via y lead
3 for spoilers
i need to activate the outboard spoilers to help provide roll
finally on landing i need to activate all of them in the raised position as per full size as speed brakes
im pretty sure ill need a more sophisticated rc system as i only have a 6 channel reciever although the futaba 6exa does have some mixing capability
the mind boggles!!
here is an extract of the a320 manual showing how the fullsize aircraft system works!!
Spoilers – Five spoilers are installed on each wing. From
the wing root to wing tip they are numbered 1 through 5.
All are used as ground spoilers. Numbers 2 through 5
(the 4 outboard spoilers) provide roll control. The middle three (2 – 4) provide in-flight speed brakes.
lashmett75 is offline Find More Posts by lashmett75