HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 24, 2011, 09:21 PM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Jan 2004
70 Posts
Hi Fellas:

I've been catching up on some reading here and I notice several posts discussing the classification of an engine. NIB is not the same to everyone, apparently. I am a MECA member and we use a classification system to narrow down the exact condition of an engine. It's not perfect but it works for us. Click the link and have a read under "Background". And while you're at it why not sign up and join MECA? You'll make some good friends, get engines at a reasonable price plus on top of all that you will get a Swapsheet magazine chock full of deals! Hard to resist I know. Here's the link and thanks... http://www.modelenginecollectors.org/

Frank
Frank Klenk is offline Find More Posts by Frank Klenk
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2011, 09:43 PM
Canada, ON, Caledonia
Joined Aug 2007
2,807 Posts
Catching up......that's what happens when your out touring arond the country all willy nilly
Hope you had a good time Frank!

Bill
williame3590 is online now Find More Posts by williame3590
Old Apr 25, 2011, 02:24 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2009
2,653 Posts
The OS Story (up until half a century ago, anyway)
Twin-Stack is offline Find More Posts by Twin-Stack
Old Apr 25, 2011, 04:19 AM
Electrif(r)ied nitroman
BelgiŽ, Vlaams Gewest, Putte
Joined Jun 2004
1,002 Posts
Hiness "Arrow"

Hiness Arrow .60 hand engine made in Japan.
danny.act is offline Find More Posts by danny.act
Old Apr 25, 2011, 04:27 AM
Electrif(r)ied nitroman
Joined Jun 2004
1,002 Posts
Kraznorutski

Kraznorutski
Designed by former FAI World-team Racing Champion Boris Kraznorutsky.
Boris Krasnorutsky is a retired senior aircraft designer from Antonov Aircraft Works in Kiev. As well as being in the USSR National team many times he has also been the National Champion of the USSR Control Line Team racing F2C several times as well as being the World Champion in 1970 in F2C.
He has set a great number of USSR world records.
These engines were used in Mr. Valery Kramarenkoís highly detailed and winning scale model of the ĎAntonov An 14Mí twin engine model.
Both gentlemen worked as a team during the 1977 world championships at Verviers Belgium. Kramarenko as pilot and Kraznorutski as the mechanic.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 04:28 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2009
2,653 Posts
Danny, do you know if the Hiness in-line engine used the same type of shaft to piston & con-rod connection, as the US made Aero 35 ? If the paperwork shows any details of that, please post it. BOB
Twin-Stack is offline Find More Posts by Twin-Stack
Old Apr 25, 2011, 04:39 AM
Electrif(r)ied nitroman
Joined Jun 2004
1,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-Stack View Post
Danny, do you know if the Hiness in-line engine used the same type of shaft to piston & con-rod connection, as the US made Aero 35 ? If the paperwork shows any details of that, please post it. BOB
Bob,

The Hiness Arrow uses spiral bevel gears and has more in common as a copy of the USSR Kraznorutski engine.
More info:
http://modelenginenews.org/drj/hiness_arrow.html.
Will see if something is explained on the original instruction sheet and post it here.
regards,
Danny.
Last edited by danny.act; Apr 25, 2011 at 05:12 AM.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 04:49 AM
Electrif(r)ied nitroman
Joined Jun 2004
1,002 Posts
Hiness "Arrow"

Hiness Arrow instruction sheet.
On the back of the original box wich was handmade also, is written 'starting test ok' with a red colored stampmark.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 11:56 AM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,430 Posts
Danny,

Are those Kraznorutski from your own collection?
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Old Apr 25, 2011, 12:20 PM
Electrif(r)ied nitroman
Joined Jun 2004
1,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz View Post
Danny,

Are those Kraznorutski from your own collection?
Hi Mr Wiz,
All the pictures from engines that I posted here so far are engines from my own collection.
Also the Kraznorutski.
regards,
Danny.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 12:40 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Joined Jan 2000
8,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny.act View Post
Hi Mr Wiz,
All the pictures from engines that I posted here so far are engines from my own collection.
Also the Kraznorutski.
regards,
Danny.
Wow those are fantastic, Danny. That's some real model aviation history you have there. You must be quite proud of those. I know I would be.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 01:19 PM
Electrif(r)ied nitroman
Joined Jun 2004
1,002 Posts
Thanks Mr Wiz!
It all started with a O.S. FS-60 NIB that I once had and sold it again to have cash for the hobby (model flying). That must have been back in 1985. Sometime after I sold the FS-60 I regretted that I sold the engine and wanted one again. From one came two and off we were. Admired the engines wich were in Peter Chinn and Clarence Lee's books and before I knew I was hooked and off we were. Did a lot of correspondence and foreign phone calls to obtain the engines that I would like to have for my collection. Didn't buy much engines these last couple of years for my collection, most of the engines that I would like to have are in my collection now, offcours there's always some engine that we still would like to have.
regards,
Danny.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 02:33 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Joined Jan 2000
8,430 Posts
Well my NIB Webra Glo-Star arrived today and while it's not as fancy and rare as a lot of engines in this thread, I instantly fell in love with it. It's in perfect condition, engine, box, documentation. It's a very well proportioned little guy. I'll post some photos of it later tonight. I'll also post some photos of another little engine that I got today that I also think is very well proportioned but not on anybody's collectable list.... but mine.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 08:35 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Joined Jan 2000
8,430 Posts
Well, here they are, hot off the press..... photos of my Webra Glo-Star. Isn't it a beauty? Look at the long tip on that glow plug! I've never seen one quite that long before. If you can't tell, I'm really happy with it.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 08:44 PM
Canada, ON, Caledonia
Joined Aug 2007
2,807 Posts
Did you get the box, they are generally just as nice Very nice motor whiz

Bill
williame3590 is online now Find More Posts by williame3590