SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:57 PM
Canada, ON, Caledonia
Joined Aug 2007
2,938 Posts
Rare Webra came today, better than expected.

Photos tomorrow

Bill
williame3590 is online now Find More Posts by williame3590
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:52 AM
Bill Mohrbacher, MECA Fox Guy
Beaver Falls, PA
Joined Dec 2006
681 Posts
Anyway, if you do stumble on the part do let me know. With all those millions of Coxe's produced it is unlikely no one does have that part stacked away somewhere. I do have quite alot of different Cox engines, recently added the one and only black coloured rc Shrike complete with Sanwa one channel tx, and in working order at that. Pretty rare amongst the Shrikes.

Reggie, I think I have one for you, we'll know next week.
G WILLIE is online now Find More Posts by G WILLIE
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:42 PM
Canada, ON, Caledonia
Joined Aug 2007
2,938 Posts
Webra 1.00 DF

Here are the Webra photos. This engine never went into production and there were only 20 made.
These engines were needed for Yellow Aircraft jets but apparently there wasn't a fan system that could take the power. Dynamax fans were flying apart.
Webra was willing to produce a fan system but apparently the whole project was dropped.
I have the complete #1 engine as well as the #20 never assembled. There is also several extra parts but to complete the #20 the only thing missing is the cylinder sleeve. What a shame.
Very interesting bit of modeling history that we may never know the real answers to.

Bill
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:49 PM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Canada, QC, Quebec City
Joined Sep 2006
5,893 Posts
Amazing find williame3590! A nice piece of engineering and clever flow straightener design.
coriolan is online now Find More Posts by coriolan
Old Nov 22, 2012, 03:57 PM
Havin FUN
United States, KS, Basehor
Joined Sep 2001
573 Posts
B,
Outasight !
D
Gonnacrash is offline Find More Posts by Gonnacrash
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:49 AM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by williame3590 View Post
Here are the Webra photos. This engine never went into production and there were only 20 made.
These engines were needed for Yellow Aircraft jets but apparently there wasn't a fan system that could take the power. Dynamax fans were flying apart.
Webra was willing to produce a fan system but apparently the whole project was dropped.
I have the complete #1 engine as well as the #20 never assembled. There is also several extra parts but to complete the #20 the only thing missing is the cylinder sleeve. What a shame.
Very interesting bit of modeling history that we may never know the real answers to.

Bill
Nice find Bill. If you decide to sell the parts engine I 'might' be interested. I do have one Webra proto myself that did not even make it to pre-production stage. Do you know what the name Webra derives from ...? Walter Weichler and Martin Bragenitz.
Reginald is online now Find More Posts by Reginald
Old Nov 23, 2012, 07:41 AM
Deutschland, Berlin
Joined Aug 2011
191 Posts
Bwf 2,5 r

Hello Everyone !

Here are some Pics of the rare Black BWF 2,5R
It was made in the end of the eighties in the German Democratic Republic.

It spins a 7x3 around 28000.

I did made a Turbo head for it. So it should outperform this one :
BWF 2,5 S mit Turbokopf (1 min 15 sec)

The black one is the Racing version of the Motor in the Video.
I`ll take a Vid when i have the time to.

Best regards, Sebastian
flyinglog is offline Find More Posts by flyinglog
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:47 AM
Canada, ON, Kingston
Joined Aug 2000
2,038 Posts
Great sound Sebastian!

Martin
Martin Irvine is online now Find More Posts by Martin Irvine
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:16 AM
Canada, ON, Caledonia
Joined Aug 2007
2,938 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
Nice find Bill. If you decide to sell the parts engine I 'might' be interested. I do have one Webra proto myself that did not even make it to pre-production stage. Do you know what the name Webra derives from ...? Walter Weichler and Martin Bragenitz.
Hi Reggy, sometime in the next 6 months I am supposed to be getting all the drawings and more parts for these engines.
Come to find out that there were 24 made and not 20. The only other existing engines belong to a friend here who drew up the engine.
If I can somehow swing another complete engine I'll see what I can do for you.

Bill
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:27 AM
Haenertsburg, South Africa
Joined Nov 2008
50 Posts
I took the plunge and bought it, Equivalent to $390 US which is not too bad according to the other prices I have found online. Can't wait to get it in an airframe and fly it.
It is serial number 11361, anyone know how many were made in total?
PantherEngines is offline Find More Posts by PantherEngines
Last edited by PantherEngines; Nov 23, 2012 at 11:34 AM.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:24 AM
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
France, Centre, Amboise
Joined Nov 2011
1,715 Posts
As GH would say, this motor isn't exactly glow... but I think we don't have an appropriate thread, and I thought some of you interested in odd-ball one-off engines (Reggie!) could be interested.

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...E:B:SS:FR:1123

If anyone is interested and needs help with translation or bidding, etc. just let me know.
Brian
brokenenglish is online now Find More Posts by brokenenglish
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:02 PM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Canada, QC, Quebec City
Joined Sep 2006
5,893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenenglish View Post
As GH would say, this motor isn't exactly glow... but I think we don't have an appropriate thread, and I thought some of you interested in odd-ball one-off engines (Reggie!) could be interested.

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...E:B:SS:FR:1123

If anyone is interested and needs help with translation or bidding, etc. just let me know.
Brian
Seems to be made by Gems Suzor who made many engines (ignition,diesel and steam)and had a store in Paris. More details about the man here(worth the translation!):
http://www.vapeuretmodelesavapeur.co...zor/index.html
Last edited by coriolan; Nov 24, 2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:37 PM
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
France, Centre, Amboise
Joined Nov 2011
1,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coriolan View Post
Seems to be made by Gems Suzor who made many engines (ignition,diesel and steam)and had a store in Paris. More details about the man here(worth the translation!):
http://www.vapeuretmodelesavapeur.co...zor/index.html
Hi Corio,
IMHO, I think you've slightly misunderstood. The seller says that "the person who made the engine wrote the name Suzor" (on a stick-on paper label). Gems wouldn't have written his own name on a paper label glued to the engine, at least I don't think so. It's more likely a competent home-build of perhaps a Suzor design.
brokenenglish is online now Find More Posts by brokenenglish
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:28 PM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Canada, QC, Quebec City
Joined Sep 2006
5,893 Posts
Other steam engines he was selling had the exact same design with the oscillating engine(one,two or three cylinders) enclosed in a similar box. Toward the end of his life he was specializing mostly in steam engines for boats or trains. Could be a home build of a Suzor design as the engines he sold ready made had a name plate on the box. Kits for home building were frequent at the time, Stab also had several plans and castings for steam,ignition and diesel engines. So it most likely has some Suzor DNA in it
Old Nov 25, 2012, 01:21 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Jul 2004
2,103 Posts
I've been off for a few weeks, new floor covering in basement and second floor, then some clean-up after Sandy. Never thought an Atlantic Hurricane could affect us 500 or 600 miles inland, around the center of the Southern Shore of Lake Erie.
I found some of these while cleaning up, not sure if I already posted them, but better safe than sorry, I guess.
I actually have the Atwood .49, and the K&B 6.5.
50+AirYears is offline Find More Posts by 50+AirYears