From 1954, the OS Max I 35
Twin-Stack is offline Find More Posts by Twin-Stack
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:52 PM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2009
2,653 Posts
And another, earlier MVVS.......
"A very scarce MVVS 2.5cc model RL U/C F/F Glow motor also called "SUPER" made in Czechoslovakia from 1963. The engine is in very nice unused condition, with superb compression and excellent bearings, also included is a wide bore venturi for pressure feed, complete with the pressure nipple. This is a speed motor and has 2RL under one lug and the serial no 20 under the other, it is currently fitted with a narrower bore venturi and the NVA thru the middle. These were exceptional competition engines in their day and still are very strong runners."
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:03 AM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-Stack View Post
From 1954, the OS Max I 35
From the same decade this MAX-1 15 NIB. Have you ever considered selling that OS MAX-1 35 to a serious and very honest recently married collector ?
Reginald is offline Find More Posts by Reginald
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:07 AM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,478 Posts
Webra prototype ?

Well, that is what the German seller told me when he sold the engine to me a couple of years ago.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:17 AM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,478 Posts
Rve

Not sure if it has been shown here, probably has, anyway, this is the rather rare RVE 60 Robinson fourstroke. Vertical axis rotary disc valve, driven by bevel gear at the crankshaft rear and using a spur gear drive in the cylinder head.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:26 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2009
2,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
From the same decade this MAX-1 15 NIB. Have you ever considered selling that OS MAX-1 35 to a serious and very honest recently married collector ?
Recently married - yes. Serious - yes, but honest ?
Just kidding Reggy ! That Max 1 does not belong to me, its on German eBay...
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:45 AM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,478 Posts
Quote:
Recently married - yes. Serious - yes, but honest ?
Just kidding Reggy ! That Max 1 does not belong to me, its on German eBay...
The list is much longer : capable handy clever experienced good-looking friendly intelligent and above all MODEST
Old Oct 29, 2012, 02:34 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2009
2,653 Posts
Quote:
The list is much longer : capable handy clever experienced good-looking friendly intelligent and above all MODEST
Reggy, Does Marijke know just how lucky she is to be married to such a man ?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 03:23 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2009
2,653 Posts
HIRTENBERGER 61R - SPEED (normally seen as a "cooking" front induction model)
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:07 AM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,478 Posts
Quote:
Reggy, Does Marijke know just how lucky she is to be married to such a man ?
If not I must tell her one of these days...
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:38 AM
It must have a machinegun
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Sep 2004
1,262 Posts
I just picked up a Taifun Sprint 1.78 (from the mid 60's I believe).
The first thing I noticed was a leak from the head gasket, so I pulled the head off and found a paper gasket (which fell apart as they do).
Is that a common gasket material? Can I make a new one from ordinary gasket paper or is there a special stuff?
Scaledown is offline Find More Posts by Scaledown
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:48 AM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaledown View Post
The first thing I noticed was a leak from the head gasket, so I pulled the head off and found a paper gasket (which fell apart as they do).
Is that a common gasket material? Can I make a new one from ordinary gasket paper or is there a special stuff?
Yes that's a 1967 engine. Everything's square rectangle on that engine. Pure Art déco altough a little late. Selling it ? Pictures ? Gasket : sure it is paper brown colour or rather black ?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:01 PM
Joined Nov 2008
287 Posts
Quote:
There was also the CZ-11P that was cheaper to buy. Statement by OS was 'substantially less costly alternative to the CZ-11PS' in their 1992 catalog. Both are of 1,79cc. Difference between 11PS and 11P was the use of sharing many parts with the CZ-11 buggy engine in the 11P. The 11PS has 0,6 Hp. Wished I had one. Do'nt think they were for sale in Belgium. That price may well be paid by some collector. Wonder how many were made ?
They were quite popular in Australia being used in 1/2A r/c Pylon Racing and c/l Class one speed and 1/2A Goodyear racing. There's still quite a few around. The one in the pic is my PS set up for Class one speed. The single bladed prop is popular and let's them rev up to where they produce their power. Besides the NIB PS there's a P version in bits somewhere down the shed. AFAICR it's still a runner just not as powerful as the PS.

Ray

locktite401 is offline Find More Posts by locktite401
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:25 PM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2009
2,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaledown View Post
Due to the heat of course, ordinary paper gasket material is useless underneath a glow engines cylinder head. It sounds as if someone has removed the head, ruined the original head gasket in the process, then fitted a paper one to cover the mistake up. The proper head gasket material is now getting hard to find in the thicknesses used in model engines, but occasionally you'll see small packets of "Perfect" brand gasket material on eBay. If the original head gasket was thin, you could try making one up from the soft aluminium foil that's found as an air seal inside the top of Nescafe coffee tins. Ordinary aluminium from soft drink cans is too hard. If the original gasket was thicker (about 1/32 in.), you could try some of the stuff shown below. Now, this was given to me by a fellow aeromodeller who told me it is suitable for high temperature head gaskets, but I have only used it on non-running display engines, so cannot vouch personally for its effectiveness. It has a sort of plasticky feel like lino, and as shown, is bright orange on one side, with a 1" grid pattern on the other. If you want, send me your snail mail address, and I'll send you some to try. BOB