Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 07, 2011, 01:48 PM
Model Designer - AMA 667982
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Sep 2000
1,924 Posts
Discussion
The Quanum telemetry system

OK, I thought. That is a really neat idea and something I could find useful. While this item is rather inexpensive I purchased one.

Now if you really are reading these forums Hobby King, please read this one.

I followed the binding instructions to the letter. OK, it's bound and I get voltage reading from my 4s lipo. Turn everything off and install it on my Sky Walker so I will know when it is time to land. Turn everything back on to test before flying and low and behold, nothing except the Quanum Logo on the screen. Take it home and test it again and it works. Several hours latter try it again and nothing but the logo again.

So, I'm finding this a little unreliable to say the least.

Hobby King, this is the type of information we as modelers need in real time especially if you fly electric model. PLEASE, give us something that is reliable all the time and not just every other time.
starcad is offline Find More Posts by starcad
to remove ads between posts
Old May 11, 2011, 10:12 AM
Long Island, NY
Joined May 2010
1,524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcad View Post
OK, I thought. That is a really neat idea and something I could find useful. While this item is rather inexpensive I purchased one.

Now if you really are reading these forums Hobby King, please read this one.

I followed the binding instructions to the letter. OK, it's bound and I get voltage reading from my 4s lipo. Turn everything off and install it on my Sky Walker so I will know when it is time to land. Turn everything back on to test before flying and low and behold, nothing except the Quanum Logo on the screen. Take it home and test it again and it works. Several hours latter try it again and nothing but the logo again.

So, I'm finding this a little unreliable to say the least.

Hobby King, this is the type of information we as modelers need in real time especially if you fly electric model. PLEASE, give us something that is reliable all the time and not just every other time.
Seems like it needs re-binding everytime after power-off.
Galand is offline Find More Posts by Galand
Old May 31, 2011, 11:40 AM
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Aug 2010
1,059 Posts
starcad, keep us informed. I'm considering buying one of these. It could have saved a plane for me!
Cub Flyer Fresno is offline Find More Posts by Cub Flyer Fresno