SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 07, 2011, 01:28 PM
Alarm Bells Continuing!
Arizona
Joined Oct 2001
276 Posts
Discussion
Another Record Obama Deficit

What was his latest 2011 non-budget budget cut that he offered? $6 billion? I wonder if enough voters will wake up and reward him with the biggest loss in history in 2012?
Quote:
The federal government posted its largest monthly deficit in history in February at $223 billion, according to preliminary numbers the Congressional Budget Office released Monday morning.

That figure tops last February’s record of $220.9 billion, and marks the 29th straight month the government has run in the red — a modern record. The last time the federal government posted even a monthly surplus was September 2008, just before the financial collapse.

Last month’s federal deficit is nearly four times as large as the spending cuts House Republicans have passed in their spending bill, and is more than 30 times the size of Senate Democrats’ opening bid of $6 billion.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-deficit-ever/

Ah yes, the good old Bush years, before Democrats took over Congress and started the spending spree. Bush's deficit for the entire year of 2007 was less that Obama's deficit for last month. Do you miss him yet?
Quote:
The Congressional Budget Office estimated Friday that the U.S. federal budget deficit for fiscal year 2007, which ended Sunday, was about $161 billion, or 1.2% of gross domestic product. That’s down from the $248 billion shortfall recorded in fiscal 2006, which translated into 1.9% of GDP. The Treasury Department will report the official tally later this month.
http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2007/...l-2007-slides/
Big Foot 48 is offline Find More Posts by Big Foot 48
Old Mar 07, 2011, 01:32 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,786 Posts
If BHO was running a 100 meter dash.....he'd end up 200 meters behind the starting line.....going backwards is good for a defensive back, not for the leader of the free world (I know he isn't but he does have the title).
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Mar 07, 2011, 02:27 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
What is remarkable is that no one seems to be asking where all the money is going. Just the three trillion that we've already thrown down the rat hole would have gone a long way towards shoring up Medicare and SSI in the coming boomer crush. Remamber, we only needed to hang on long enough for them to die off and the picture would have been a lot better but now we've maxed out the credit cards and we have to pay the piper. Someone is becoming very, very wealthy with all that money!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Mar 07, 2011, 03:01 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
So the one month deficits are now running 60 Billion dollars higher than the deficit for entire year of 2007.

What's 'sustainable' about that?

Why, it's obviously a sign we have 'structural' deficits, right?
MtnGoat is offline Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Mar 07, 2011, 05:02 PM
Made in the USA
Joined May 2010
414 Posts
The Manchurian President has everything under control.
BE77 Pilot is offline Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old Mar 08, 2011, 04:17 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Foot 48 View Post
What was his latest 2011 non-budget budget cut that he offered? $6 billion? I wonder if enough voters will wake up and reward him with the biggest loss in history in 2012?
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-deficit-ever/

Ah yes, the good old Bush years, before Democrats took over Congress and started the spending spree. Bush's deficit for the entire year of 2007 was less that Obama's deficit for last month. Do you miss him yet?
http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2007/...l-2007-slides/
DOH

Sometimes the '****kin' obvious' seems not to be

Inflation - changed circumstances - inherited snags etc
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Mar 08, 2011, 06:39 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,786 Posts
Obama's major deficits, besides our money, are knowledge, experience, leadership, goals, and reality realization protocols. In short he was ill prepared to catch the car he was chasing.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Mar 08, 2011, 07:39 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
417 Posts
Is this seriously a suprise to anyone? Obama has spent more money than anyone else in history on an annual basis or darn close to it. How could this not lead to record deficits? Be careful what you ask for.
RumRunner_1492 is offline Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Mar 08, 2011, 07:41 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
Is this seriously a suprise to anyone? Obama has spent more money than anyone else in history on an annual basis or darn close to it. How could this not lead to record deficits? Be careful what you ask for.
No - you're still not 'grasping the nettle'

EVERY government in history - in any country on the planet 'SPENDS MORE MONEY THAN ANYONE IN HISTORY' - it's a fact - look it up!
Old Mar 08, 2011, 07:51 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
No - you're still not 'grasping the nettle'

EVERY government in history - in any country on the planet 'SPENDS MORE MONEY THAN ANYONE IN HISTORY' - it's a fact - look it up!
I understand with inflation and such spending would go up. That does not come anywhere close to accounting for the increase in spending we have had. Time and time again we have drastically lowered our deficit spending. Obama spending has increased in speed and scale faster than anyone else in history. That is not a standard trend.

Old Mar 08, 2011, 08:16 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I believe non defense discretionary spending is up 24%, not counting the stimulus. Factor that in and I think it is around 80%. These people are trying to destroy us, that is the only conclusion you can reach.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Mar 08, 2011, 08:29 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
I still say it's the same the world over and it'd have been the same under MaCain
Old Mar 08, 2011, 08:31 AM
Starring as Devils Advocate
Joined Feb 2009
1,181 Posts
Quote:
I still say it's the same the world over and it'd have been the same under MaCain
It would have been worse because we already would have invaded Iran. Bomb, Bomb, Bomb, Bomb Bomb Iran!
redhotpearl is offline Find More Posts by redhotpearl
Old Mar 08, 2011, 08:58 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
417 Posts
Quote:
I think it would have been much better. The porkulus bill alone not being rolled out would have been a vast improvement. We would have alos seen real stratagies to help business, unemployment and the economy to help get us out of the recession. Obama elected to fall a sleep at the wheel and focus on a failed healthcare plan that doesn't even really take affect for 4 years. It obviously wasn't an urgent issue.
Old Mar 08, 2011, 09:14 AM
Starring as Devils Advocate
Joined Feb 2009
1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
I think it would have been much better. The porkulus bill alone not being rolled out would have been a vast improvement. We would have alos seen real stratagies to help business, unemployment and the economy to help get us out of the recession. Obama elected to fall a sleep at the wheel and focus on a failed healthcare plan that doesn't even really take affect for 4 years. It obviously wasn't an urgent issue.
The Fitzgerald guy, the Wisc. R that is senate majority leader I believe and Gov. Walkers right hand man said just last night that the Stimulus worked and that this time around there was no stimulus to help them out of their problems. Is he a RINO?

Pfft! Real stategies? Remember when McCain wanted to take time from the campaign because of the bailout and then wanted the VP debate postponed? Talk about strategies....wow!
redhotpearl is offline Find More Posts by redhotpearl