HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 07, 2011, 11:12 AM
Joined Mar 2011
2 Posts
Discussion
Piloting Drone From iDevice BUT takeoff/landing from a computer

Hi,

I am trying to make a system by which a number of AR Drones are made to land without any input from the players. The idea is that a series of games with a time limit of a couple of minutes could be run, and they end with all the drones landing. Being able to take-off in a similar manner would be a benefit here as well. It seemed to me the way to do this would be by sending the landing AT command to each drone from a computer. I am currently trying to get this to work with a single drone, but without much luck. Using some java code started by MAPGPS (and then I think modified by others) I have managed to get the drone to take off and land while connected to the computer. I thought, because of the way in which the drones are paired with the iPads, that if I spoofed the MAC address of the iPads I would be able to connect to the Drones Adhoc network, and the drone would essentially see my computer as being the same device. However, when I do this, and then try my proposed solution nothing happens. Does anybody know whether this is possible? I've read loads of the forum, but it seems nobody has tried this one yet.

Any help would be really appreciated.

My friend that i am working with has already posted the questions on this forum, so we can share any updates: https://projects.ardrone.org/boards/1/topics/show/2682
chope1 is offline Find More Posts by chope1
to remove ads between posts