HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 07, 2011, 02:35 AM
No you cant fly it.
United States, CA, Ridgecrest
Joined Mar 2011
1,257 Posts
Help!
I need some feedback on a new idea of mine. (wiring diagram attached)

Name: wiring diagram.jpg
Views: 132
Size: 23.3 KB
Description: so I just threw this wiring diagram together as somewhere to start... I need feedback to see if it will even work. and what needs to be fixed to get into the building process.

Im going to use basic x( Left and right) y(up and down) and z axis orientation for the discription.

the basic idea is a tri-copter using propped brushless outrunners. dual props in the front of the aircraft (left of diagram), and the third centered in the rear. I want all the motors to tilt independently along the x axis: all foreward for FF, same for reverse flight, two front motors in opposite direction for rudder/yaw rotation (along the z axis). I am hoping that I can use variable thrust on the two front motors in order to induce roll along the x.

so a couple of questions of mine are:
can I put the esc's in the circuit that I have attached?
is my idea even feasible?

Please any feedback is welcome? I am pretty new to this and being quite ambitious.
kicekilla is offline Find More Posts by kicekilla
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2011, 07:28 AM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
16,915 Posts
This would be mechanical thrust vectoring to control flight as an alternative to varying the thrust on the three motors. If it has been tried it would probably be on the multi rotor helocopters subforum, and it might be a good place to get an opinion on it too:

Multi Rotor Helis - http://www.rcgroups.com/multi-rotor-helis-659/

It would seem to be a more complicated way to do it to me.

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes