HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 07, 2011, 01:55 AM
Joined May 2009
503 Posts
Discussion
www.hobbycity.com no longer alive?

It has been a while I found myself unable to open the www.hobbycity.com, a message returned saying "Navigation to the website is cancelled". The hobbyking.com is still up and looks normal though. They were both useable a month ago.

Can you guys open hobbycity.com ? Did they decide to close one of the two sites?
Himalaya is offline Find More Posts by Himalaya
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2011, 04:09 AM
Adelaide Australia
Joined Aug 2009
179 Posts
I just clicked on the link you gave and it worked just fine. Probably just a hiccup your end.
Chrissy
Chrissy47 is online now Find More Posts by Chrissy47
Old Mar 07, 2011, 08:43 AM
Fledgling Modeller
Kelowna, B.C., Canada
Joined May 2010
180 Posts
Hobbycity.com just redirects to Hobbyking.com anyways. The error you received is an issue on your end, more specifically within Internet Explorer. This problem occurs because Internet Explorer switches Protected Mode settings when certain Web pages are configured in the Trusted Sites area of the Security tab of the Internet Options dialog box.

I suggest switching over to an alternate browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
Arkitekt is offline Find More Posts by Arkitekt
Old Mar 08, 2011, 04:42 AM
Australia
Joined Nov 2010
2,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkitekt View Post
Hobbycity.com just redirects to Hobbyking.com anyways. The error you received is an issue on your end, more specifically within Internet Explorer. This problem occurs because Internet Explorer switches Protected Mode settings when certain Web pages are configured in the Trusted Sites area of the Security tab of the Internet Options dialog box.

I suggest switching over to an alternate browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
actually, its more a DNS issue than a browser issue. DNS is the conversion of a domain name or server name to ipaddress e.g 203.202.8.198

i think HK swithed over to some new servers with more bandwidth so i would image a few DNS servers had not updated yet.

I would think it would be working now although hobbyking is the correct domain name to use
lipoflyer is offline Find More Posts by lipoflyer
Old Mar 08, 2011, 08:17 AM
Fledgling Modeller
Kelowna, B.C., Canada
Joined May 2010
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipoflyer View Post
actually, its more a DNS issue than a browser issue. DNS is the conversion of a domain name or server name to ipaddress e.g 203.202.8.198

i think HK swithed over to some new servers with more bandwidth so i would image a few DNS servers had not updated yet.

I would think it would be working now although hobbyking is the correct domain name to use
While I agree with what you are saying, his error was specific to the navigation being cancelled. If it was a DNS issue exclusively then his error would refer to being unable to resolve the hostname.

The error 'Navigation to the website is cancelled' seems to be only found in IE7 and IE8, Chances are that if the hobbycity.com address was working for him before and now it is not then it is related to the new servers HK is using, but is still an issue that can be resolved within IE
Arkitekt is offline Find More Posts by Arkitekt
Old Mar 10, 2011, 03:43 AM
Australia
Joined Nov 2010
2,876 Posts
might be they deactivated the old servers although the ip address was still reachable but not answering requests the new server was accpting requests but his dns svr had not updated yet and was still directing requests to the old server?
lipoflyer is offline Find More Posts by lipoflyer