looking for flying fields in central florida prefer indoors
dwt3d is offline Find More Posts by dwt3d
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2011, 06:56 AM
Unregulated User
East/Central Florida
Joined Feb 2009
176 Posts
Good Luck ! I'd like to know too. IRKS based in Melbourne (www.irks.org) usually has an indoor meet at the Cocoa Expo in Cocoa FL in FEB but it was canceled this year (no reason given) The locations of the other fields they have is listed on their site. Also there is one at the Brevard county Park in Sharps on the north side of Canaveral Groves Blvd - The field is way in the back of the park past all the ball fields and the gokart track
I don't know of any others. When they stop flying the Shuttle maybe the VAB will be available !
MIJohn is offline Find More Posts by MIJohn
Last edited by MIJohn; Mar 07, 2011 at 07:02 AM.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 08:32 PM
Joined Aug 2010
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJohn View Post
Good Luck ! I'd like to know too. IRKS based in Melbourne (www.irks.org) usually has an indoor meet at the Cocoa Expo in Cocoa FL in FEB but it was canceled this year (no reason given) The locations of the other fields they have is listed on their site. Also there is one at the Brevard county Park in Sharps on the north side of Canaveral Groves Blvd - The field is way in the back of the park past all the ball fields and the gokart track
I don't know of any others. When they stop flying the Shuttle maybe the VAB will be available !
I fly there. Mornings are best as there little or no wind. A frind and I fly before work sometimes during the week. We've been looking for an indoor place but there's not much around here. Haven't flown at the Cocoa Expo before. I thought I remember hearing that the club cancelled the event because it cost the club money.
tenspeed is offline Find More Posts by tenspeed