HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 06, 2011, 04:24 PM
Joined Feb 2011
2 Posts
Discussion
EDF/Motor for University Design Project

Hey guys, first time poster! Been lurking for a couple weeks but I am still a complete novice at this.

I'm in charge of the propulsion system for a university senior design project. It's going to consist of 2 engines and I need 14-18 lbs of total thrust (but some extra cushon is always better). My constraints are reliability, performance, and price in that order.

From what I've read, it seems that the Midi Fan Pro with a neumotor 14 or 15 series will fit my bill? I just wanted to know what you guys thought. A project in a previous year used Shuebeler DS-51's with Lehner 2250 motors.

Also I was curious how the battery math worked with 2 motors. I understand that the motors are rated for a certain number of cells and the mAh rating gives you the flight time. If you have two motors do you need double the cells or can you just hook the motors up to the batteries and achieve half the flight time?

Thanks
uwpropulsionguy is offline Find More Posts by uwpropulsionguy
to remove ads between posts