If it hovers I fly it.
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Jun 2010
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Further to my above post about installing the 3GX in the 450 Pro:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=129

I now don't recommend running the servo and BEC wires close to the main gear. It appears that I was getting a static discharge off the gear to the aileron servo, causing a nasty cyclic kick, forward and to the right (aileron servo down), about 30 seconds into the flight.

I've now run the wires over the top of the front of the top main bearing holder and then under the back of it. See the attached pictures.

I've also added a 6800uf capacitor to help with any current peaks.
I can confirm that I have also experienced this same phenomena. Time to rewire.
Brubache is offline Find More Posts by Brubache
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2012, 04:44 AM
Joined Jan 2012
2 Posts
HI guys, im new to this forum, have just bought me ALZRC Trex 450 Pro 3G Combo (w/ 40A ESC + 3800kv Motor). http://www.helipal.com/alzrc-trex-45...0kv-motor.html

I was just wondering if anybody had run this with 4s battery? The motor is capable of 2-4s and the esc: 2-6s. The esc also have a switchmode BEC: 3A/5V so i will not need an external bec, or am i wrong?

Have also bought the TG-1 gyro with it. Can't find much info on it on the internet though. Will be exiting to try it. Anybody else here who have tried it?

greetings from Norway.
NOfighter is offline Find More Posts by NOfighter
Old Jan 22, 2012, 09:22 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,274 Posts
That motor with the included pinion on 4s will have too high a head speed. The TG-1 is about the same as the ZYX from Tarot, 3x1000, and 3GYS. Just check the 3 threads on each for setup instructions and download the ALZRC 3gys manual.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Jan 28, 2012, 04:22 AM
Joined Jan 2012
2 Posts
Thanx, was what i thought about the gyro.

So if i run a 12 or 11t pinion, 4s should be ok?
NOfighter is offline Find More Posts by NOfighter
Old Apr 01, 2012, 10:47 AM
Joined Jul 2011
176 Posts
In Alzrc website there is a Trex 450 pro 3GyS 6sHV version... Sounds Superb...
I've been reading all of your related threads about the Alzrc 450 pro BeenFlying as well as BruBache's and also been reading on HeliFreak. Got to admit I was really impressed... I an a proud honer of Trex 500E and I Loooove it as one of my fingers, but got to be honest, It needed few upgrades to become such a nice exciting little piece, and it still have few problems: cruppy screws, whobbling main gear, the boom slides in a few mm. Every now and then, the align 500mx motor have beatings problem on my friend's heli Etc Etc. So if any heli as faulties why pay 150$ extra for align trex 450 3gx, a flybarless system which have controversial reputation anyway..? I am looking for a small 450 as a trainer to learn and practice new things and rhe Alzrc 450 3gys combo sounds just what I was looking for: CopterX 450 or Hk 450 are too poor in quality as I can understand from my fellows (especially the poor elctronics in the copterX combo-s), and align 450 3gx is just too expensive as I see it for his worth. What do you think, now after few months of experience with the Alzrc 450 pro 3gys combo in the market - is it a good deal? What are his main weaknes? I know there was a problem with the tail pushrod length, also reported tail shaft bearings problems and TT gears not being well centered. And of course the soft metal screws problem (did they copy everything from align? ). Did Alzrc fixed those problems in the current combo-s? What main problems still need to be taken in consideration when buying the alzrc 450 pro 3gys combo these days?
Thanks alot,
Gil
Friman is offline Find More Posts by Friman
Old Apr 01, 2012, 11:33 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,274 Posts
Gil,

That about sums it up. All clones and Align will have their problems. It's just being able to correct them prior to flying that makes all the difference.
Old Apr 01, 2012, 12:03 PM
Joined Jul 2011
176 Posts
Escuse me r_r, not sure I understood your response the way you meant...
Of course every kit has his flaws, but does those problems that I mentioned, from the first arrival of this kit, are still need to take in consideration when buying a new kit (I mean buying upgrade parts in advance) or did Alzrc improved them? Because it was mentioned earllier that they actually fixed some of the earllier problems I'm just not sure which problems fixed and which remains untreated. Problems I recall are as I mentioned above, tail pushrod too short, tail shaft bearings of poor quality needs upgrade and TT gears a-symetric, needs an upgrade. If you can mention other known issues to take in consideration please let me know... Ha, and what about the servo-s coming with the 450 pro 3gys combo? Blades? Are those worth using? Thanks alot
Old Apr 01, 2012, 12:19 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,274 Posts
Well I bought my 450 Pro 3G kit about 6 months ago with their 3GYS. They replaced the push rod link in the kit. I had a seized on-way bearing. The screws are still soft but they sell hardened screws separately. TT gears still not perfectly symmetrical but it still flies and the tail holds well. No other complaints really....Can't really complain because of the price..

Can't comment on the electronics since I only bought the kit and electronics I used are from HobbyKing.
Old Apr 01, 2012, 12:52 PM
Joined Jul 2011
176 Posts
Thanks alot
Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:04 AM
Joined Jul 2011
176 Posts
Alzrc 450 FBL vs. Tarot 450 FBL

Hi,
I was reading in the last couple of weeks a few threads about the Alzrc 450 FBL- the kit, the fbl head, the 3gys fbl system and the complete "super combo". Really impressed, especially with the very good reviews about the fbl system and the fbl head, and the cnc quality in the frame, head and tail parts. The only recurrent problems I heared of are the low quality of the plastic gears (esppecialy in the Torque Tube) and the too-soft screws. Recently a friend of mine added that he found the skids too fragile and the main gears too soft and with reccurent flaws and little measures mismatch. Well, I'm still impressed with the overall positive reviews about the Alzrc 450 fbl s. combo, thinking about buying one this summer; But, recently heard that Tarot's 450 fbl clones S. combo are very good quality also. And it's 50$ cheaper than the Alzrc: tarot: http://www.oomodel.com/tarot-450-pro...o-p-61832.html, Alzrc: http://www.rc711.com/shop/alzrc-450-...th=165_273_223.
I understood that some of you are experienced with both Tarot's and Alzrc's 450 fbl helis.. Which one is better? Understood that the fbl unit is practiclly the same. Does the Tarot S. combo comes with a programmer like the Alzrc's? Which Combo has better Setup (Servo, ESC, motor)? Does the Tarot kit has the same flaws as The Alzrc's? Other important to know problems with the tarot kit? Thanks alot.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 06:17 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,794 Posts
I like both the ALZRC and Tarot gear, but I've noticed recently that Tarots tolerances have gotten worse. An example of this is in their FBL blade holders, where the bears just fall out.

The other issue with most of the clones is the bearings. You have to accept that they will not last very long, but at least if you keep an eye on them you can slowly replace them with better bearings, as they start to fail.

I actually had a good run with the ALZRC plastic gears, up until a crash took out most of them. I ended up replacing the main gear with Align and the TT gears with Tarot. Super smooth again now.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Apr 11, 2012, 02:55 PM
Joined Jul 2011
176 Posts
Thanks alot
Does the Tarot fbl system (or the tarot 450 fbl S. combo) comes with the programmer box as Alzrc's s. combo?
Does the usb cable comes with the tarot / Alzrc combo-s or should it be bought seperately?
Old Apr 26, 2012, 11:29 AM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,496 Posts
Neither of the Tarot combos come with the programming box. Both kits are actually around the same cost. I just spent $360 for an ALZRC with all electronics, white tail blades, flourescent yellow tail blades, and the bright red canopy found on the flybarred version. (I spent an extra $25 total on that canopy because of the shipping increase.) I'll keep everyone updated.

I should have it next week.
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old Apr 26, 2012, 03:18 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,274 Posts
Really like my ALZRC 450 Pro FBL....The heli runs soo smooth for a clone. Still original bearings less the one-way. I think I might pick up another 450 Pro kit and swap all the electronics from the HK 450GT.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 05:14 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,496 Posts
Did yours come with connectors for the motor and esc?
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case