Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 06, 2011, 10:53 AM
USA, MI, Traverse City
Joined Dec 2010
346 Posts
Discussion
Difference between Parkzone's different Ultra Micro planes?

Aside from aesthetics, can anyone explain the differences between Parkzone's ultra micro planes? For example:

F4U Corsair
T-28 Trojan
Sukhoi SU-26xp
P-51D Mustang
J-3 Cub

Thanks in advance!
Bill
bunger is offline Find More Posts by bunger
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2011, 11:03 AM
Joined Sep 2010
3,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunger View Post
Aside from aesthetics, can anyone explain the differences between Parkzone's ultra micro planes? For example:

F4U Corsair
T-28 Trojan
Sukhoi SU-26xp
P-51D Mustang
J-3 Cub

Thanks in advance!
Bill
Probably too many to list, but basically
J-3 cub - 3 channel, smaller motor and frame - mild
Champ is probably better choice for this
T28 - 4 channel, not quite so mild but not wild
P51 - 4 channel, even less mild, but not quite wild
Sukhoi xp - 4 channel, borderline wild unless you're
new - then it's wild.
Corsair - 4 channel, unknown at this point.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Mar 06, 2011, 11:23 AM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
As far as the electronics go, only the T-28 and Mustang share electronics

The J-3 uses a AR6400 based PKZ3351 3 channel Brick and a 6mm motor (parkzones most powerful 6mm motor).

The T-28 and Mustang use an AR6400 6 channel Brick and an AS2000 Aileron servo and a 8.4mm motor (black belled... Parkzones most powerful 8.4mm motor)

The Sukhoi XP uses an AR6400L long throw servo 6 channel brick and a regular throw AS2000 Aileron servo and the same spec motor as Trojan and Mustang.

The Corsair will use an AR6400L long throw servo channel brick and two AS2000L long throw aileron servos and is spec'd to use the same black belled motor that goes into new XP's.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Mar 06, 2011, 12:19 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,029 Posts
John Redmon said the Corsair is the best flying of all the new micros.
Seth Arnold designed the Corsair and he said it is one of the best flying new planes. I believe he said it can be set up to be "wild" or "mild", depending on what you want to do.
I have to agree with the bobly about the sukhoi, it is a handful if you are not used to it. I had to cut the throws way down and the first few flights were off the hook for me, I was all over the sky, not intentionally. I got it tamed down now, later I will change the throws some.
I think the J-3 Club doesn't fly very scale like, the Champ, is much better in that regard.
The Corsair will be here from what I was told, about the end of March or early April from what the Horizon people said at E-Fest.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Conehead; Mar 06, 2011 at 12:20 PM. Reason: fingers hit the wrong key.
Old Mar 06, 2011, 01:03 PM
Joined Mar 2008
510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunger View Post

F4U Corsair
T-28 Trojan
Sukhoi SU-26xp
P-51D Mustang
J-3 Cub

Thanks in advance!
Bill
Errr! um? Bricks. Foam err! Motors... Oh yes and Batteries . And not forgetting Money. Im off to bed its been a long day ! Night night....
richos is offline Find More Posts by richos
Old Mar 07, 2011, 08:07 PM
USA, MI, Traverse City
Joined Dec 2010
346 Posts
I really like the looks of that Corsair, but apparently no one has much info on it yet ( wild vs mild vs somewhere in between )?
Old Mar 08, 2011, 10:37 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,029 Posts
Seth Arnold says it is a sweet flier. You can set it up however you want.
Will be here in April, late March. I want one for sure. I got the large one, it is sweet, this will be even better. I saw it fly at E-Fest, flies like the Trojan, just a bit faster.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
Old Mar 09, 2011, 05:45 AM
USA, MI, Traverse City
Joined Dec 2010
346 Posts
I was at my LHS yestday and the guy there wondered if it would be more difficult to fly due to the gull wing design.... Could be a good question...
Old Mar 09, 2011, 06:26 AM
I love HAM
Joined Nov 2005
725 Posts
I am having trouble choosing between these models as well, but lean heavy towards the corsair for it's nice scale looks and clear canopy!

My birthday is in April ... mhhhhh
Schermvlieger is offline Find More Posts by Schermvlieger
Old Jul 08, 2011, 07:46 PM
Joined Oct 2008
140 Posts
Well, What did you get? I'm trying to make the same decision....

Two more to throw in there are the Mosquito and the not yet released Pole Cat.
Any ideas. I'm looking for a logical next step from my first plane the Hz Champ.
pcnewman is offline Find More Posts by pcnewman
Old Jul 08, 2011, 08:48 PM
Flash, AAAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhh
United States, UT, West Jordan
Joined Dec 2008
2,531 Posts
get the um t-28 it is the best one for a second plane.
flashkick is offline Find More Posts by flashkick
Old Jul 08, 2011, 10:33 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcnewman View Post
Two more to throw in there are the Mosquito and the not yet released Pole Cat.
Any ideas. I'm looking for a logical next step from my first plane the Hz Champ.
It depends what TX you have.

If you have the Champ TX, get a T-28. All of the others fly better with a real radio.

If you have a computer TX, you can get others besides the T-28, but the T-28 is by far the easiest to fly, and the Sukhoi is the hardest... and the others are somewhere in between.
Old Jul 09, 2011, 04:57 PM
Joined Oct 2008
140 Posts
Thanks for the advise. I do have the "Champ Tx" but will get something better before I buy my 3rd plane
Any of you fly the Mosquito? I was thinking that with the 20" wingspan it could be flown slower and be more controllable than the T-28.
Old Jul 09, 2011, 05:09 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcnewman View Post
Thanks for the advise. I do have the "Champ Tx" but will get something better before I buy my 3rd plane
Any of you fly the Mosquito? I was thinking that with the 20" wingspan it could be flown slower and be more controllable than the T-28.
No the T-28 flies better slowly than the Mossy, especially right out of the box.

If you get a computer TX, you can switch the brick to flaperons and deflect the ailerons up 30% for slow flight and the mossy is rock stable and much less likely to drop a wing if you fly too slow.
Old Jul 09, 2011, 05:26 PM
Joined Oct 2008
140 Posts
Ok I've got alot to learn. "switch the brick to flapperons"? Does this mean the with the comp. Tx I can turn the ailerons into flaps and basicly fly as a 3 channel with the addition of flaps?

And I think what your telling me also is as you said before T-28 with my current Tx, but the Comp Tx and Mosquito would be even easier to fly?

Sounding like I should get the T-28 then a better radio then the Mosquito hmmm or maybe the Pole Cat.