SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by kdean, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 06, 2011, 05:13 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,715 Posts
Mini-HowTo
Rear Loading Battery Cage on V400D02

I did'nt like that you had to take off the canopy every time you want to change a battery. It is very time consuming when you really just want to be up in air. With the Metal Tail Boom Support from RTF-Heil, it makes it possible to swap batteries from the rear and not have to touch the canopy.

I also moved the ESC to allow the use of bigger battery packs, but is also better balances the heli as well.
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 09, 2011, 11:30 PM
mutski
United States, AK
Joined Jan 2011
1,185 Posts
How do you secure the battery? Can't reach the Magic Belt spot without removing the canopy?
mutski is offline Find More Posts by mutski
Old Jun 10, 2011, 01:14 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,715 Posts
after my "magic bands" broke, i started using rubber bands for the batteries. I found that if you place the rubber band on the end of the battery, and pushed it into the cage, the extra size of the band would hold the battery in place. As you push it in the rubber band would roll up the battery and normaly stop at the base of the main gear. I try to get the battery as far forward as i can to keep the center of gravity. It works really well with longer 3s batteries like the 1800mah and 2200mah. I would then pass the battery connection through the rear of the cage to esc connection. I'll take some pics next time i fly my #3.
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean