Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 05, 2011, 11:59 PM
Australia, SA, Parafield
Joined Oct 2009
314 Posts
Discussion
Hobbykings lowest price 'guarantee'

Hi all, just thought I'd share my experience with you of trying to get Hobbyking to come through with their lowest price 'guarantee'. In short, don't count on it. It's a marketing ploy, any they won't honor it.

Here's the full thread of my experience in case you're interested:
http://supercubclub.proboards.com/in...ad=3740&page=1
Dillzio is offline Find More Posts by Dillzio
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:03 AM
United States, NC, Cary
Joined Nov 2011
234 Posts
Same problem. See my thread. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/f...480&PID=184451
bimmerland is online now Find More Posts by bimmerland
Old May 05, 2012, 10:27 PM
RCAPA #005
USA, VT, Springfield
Joined Jan 2004
3,858 Posts
Yet the allure of cheap cr@p lures people into their web...
I see so many people gloating about the deals they get from HK and mocking legit brick and mortar hobby shops who are going out of business daily... To me, it's worth the extra to buy local.
MGBGTRacer is offline Find More Posts by MGBGTRacer
Old May 06, 2012, 04:29 PM
Joined May 2012
34 Posts
Well, most of the deals are really the best price...
I know about a friend that got a refund from HK after he found the same product (1$ less...) somewhere else.

I will ask him and post.
RCMagician is offline Find More Posts by RCMagician
Old Jun 01, 2012, 06:47 AM
Joined May 2012
1 Posts
Even if their prices are good with their crap support you end up losing money like happened to me. Got a camera broken and their support simply ignores my case. There's no way of working there, unprofessional approach..It's a chaotic. On top of this all products at least that I have purchased from HK is lacking proper documentation.
marcomendes is offline Find More Posts by marcomendes
Old Sep 15, 2013, 03:15 AM
Australia, NSW, Albury
Joined Jul 2010
44 Posts
Yep. Me too

Bought Walkera QR W100S Wi-Fi FPV Micro Quadcopter IOS Compatible (Bind and Fly) for $99 plus $23.19 = Total 123.18 from Hobbyking.

On the same day a friend showed it to me on Banggood for $89 Delivered !

No worries - I completed the Price Guarantee - SAME DAY with the link.

A few days later they replied "It would have been best that you have printscreen image of the offer since the prices are subject to change without prior notice. we can only verify that if you have image that you can provide for us."

Yep. In this time the Banggood price had increased & I didn't have a printscreen copy of the previous price.

A few emails later, after I pointed out that there was no requirement in their 'Price Guarantee' description to provide printscreen proof and I had complied by the terms of their 'Price Guarantee' and given them the link but they didn't check it in a timely manner but it fell on deaf ears. They repeatedly replied with "We also need proof (photo/video/screenshot) from the date itself, and if you can send it immediately to us, we can also immediately process the guarantee."

I give up. Hobbyking wins. So this was my reply.

Please 'immediately' print a copy of your Price Guarantee on heavy duty paper, roll it in a big ball, rub it in personal lubricant or vaseline, ask your human resources head of department who hasn't employed enough people to process these claims in a timely manner to remove his/her clothes and bend over - and insert it in them vigorously while you say the words "Compliments of a Platinum Member".

plasticbaldy is offline Find More Posts by plasticbaldy