HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 05, 2011, 06:07 PM
Joined Apr 2010
61 Posts
Discussion
Blitz Sky Surfer as a Tractor

I learned basic rc flying on my Blitz Sky Surfer pusher. It came with a brushed motor, so after I got down the basics pretty well, I upgraded with a Grayson Hobby MicroJet V3 combo. Unfortunately, after that I never got the balance and motor offsets right and I tended to pogo stick into the ground on landing. I finally pounded the entire fuselage from the wing forward into useless sponge and retired the plane.

Some time later, I took the survived parts- wing and tail feathers- and some shop scrap (packing crate foam and thin pine strips), plus a prior plane's SuperTigre 370 motor and electrics and put it together as a tractor. Flew for the first time today, and did fairly well. Still needs more COG adjustment and thrust deviations, but over-all pretty good.

Clay
clayfeld is offline Find More Posts by clayfeld
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2011, 06:21 PM
WARNING: May contain spam
United States, CA, Alpine
Joined Oct 2007
20,936 Posts
Get yourself a folding prop up there, that solid SF prop isn't what you want to be using on a glider like that
Xpress.. is offline Find More Posts by Xpress..