HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by pmisuinas, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 05, 2011, 05:56 PM
Springfield, VA
Joined Feb 2000
1,210 Posts
Trader Rating: 115
Sold
Impulse buys...

I am replying to PMs and posts here as soon as I have requested info. Please note if it is not marked SOLD here, it is still available (i.e., no one has said "I will take it")

OK, we all get them, but some of us give in to them more than we should. Time to clean out the store room as I realize these will likely never get done by me. I am listing them now to give time for anyone who may live on my way to Toledo to take advantage of delivery, especially as some of these just will not ship, or certainly won't ship cheaply. So here we go...

1. Dual Ace. Was going to do an electric conversion, but what can I say.

$100 SOLD

2. This is a Wacky Waco dressed up to look like an F-3F. It has a nearly new Saito .72 (break-in and 3 flights, all on this plane), with after-run oil when done. Aircraft has Futaba servos, I am calling it an ARF because I can't remember if the receiver is still in it (channel 14 or 16, can't remember that either) but I think it still is.

Top wingspan is 52 1/2 inches, model weight 6 lbs 9 oz as it sits, because I built it when I was overseas, the bottom wing was modified to be bolt-on versus glued in as is normally done on this kit. It has only 3 flights and is a great flyer, google it on the web and you will find several comments supporting this statement. Selling because I now fly only electric.

$275

4. Great Planes PT-17 Stearman (1/5 scale). NIB. Bought the Eflite small one, and then on impulse bought this one. All specs on the Tower web site. For shipping calculations, box is 48 x 13 x 16 and would be about 19lbs boxed--I expect Greyhound would be cheapest option.

$300

5. Great Planes Matt Chapman Eagle 580 Splat. 53" wingspan model, part of a package deal. Just the airframe, which has a couple of dings (one on top of fuselage and 2 small holes in bottom wing covering). One standard JR servo in the wing. Missing tailwheel assembly. No instructions. Seemed like a much better deal at the time.

$125?

7. Sig WACO SRE. What can I say, a beautiful aircraft in beautiful model form. Pictures tell it all. NIB.

$350

8. JU 52. A very unusual kit of an unusual aircraft, this kit is actually plasticized cardboard (think Air Core models). Can be nitro or electric, either a single large engine in the nose with dummy props, or three appropriately sized engines in all nacelles. Wingspan about 86", this one will be noticed at the field. For shipping calculations, box is 41 x 21 x 5 and will ship at about 13 lbs. I did a calculation for shipping to CA (can you get any farther from Wash DC area and be CONUS) and Parcel Post was $25.51--so expect that would be the best option.

$300

9. Tiger Moth ARF 1/4 scale from Arizona Models. This is one that I still wonder how I ended up with it. A great ARF that I am still thinking about building, but will maybe let the fates decide. 84" wingspan, lots of scale reference material, ready for your preferred paint job (I was going to do the yellow bottom/camo top scheme). Even have a quart of matching latex paint I can throw in.

$450 SOLD pending funds

I also have a list in the electric forum if you want to take a look. As I said, I will be in Toledo Friday and Saturday (1-2 Apr) so could deliver any of these there, or to any location on the route from Washington DC to Toledo (via Wheeling, Pittsburg, Cleveland, Toledo). Those that are shippable could also be shipped, but buyer will need to pay for shipping as well as materials to box them up. I am also willing to consider trades, I am interested in fast electric hydroplanes, ARTF or RTF, or just hulls with hardware. You can also propose other aircraft (RTF or ARTF only as I have enough kits on hand right now), but it would have to be something really unusual for me to consider. Alternate cash offers will likely be ignored as I think I have these priced fairly, but you are welcome to make your case in a pm. Happy to answer questions or provide other pictures, just let me know what you would like. Thanks for looking...
pmisuinas is offline Find More Posts by pmisuinas
Last edited by pmisuinas; Mar 13, 2011 at 09:01 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2011, 06:57 PM
mayville ny.
Joined Sep 2009
0 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
pm sent on the me-163 kit. greg
hartfield is offline Find More Posts by hartfield
Old Mar 05, 2011, 10:38 PM
rickj12
Akron Ohio
Joined Dec 2005
2 Posts
Trader Rating: 26
PM sent on your Tiger Moth ARF.

Thanks,
Rick
rickj12 is offline Find More Posts by rickj12
Old Mar 05, 2011, 10:50 PM
United States, CA, Cameron Park
Joined May 2007
1,259 Posts
Trader Rating: 61
PM sent for the Junkers
Highfly! is offline Find More Posts by Highfly!
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 06, 2011, 10:45 AM
United States, MI, Cheboygan
Joined Apr 2008
0 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
PM Sent on flying wing

Thanks, Greg
hienergy32 is offline Find More Posts by hienergy32
Old Mar 11, 2011, 09:56 AM
In NY's beautifull hills
Binghamton Broome Cty, New York, United States
Joined Jun 2004
1,126 Posts
Trader Rating: 107
Little bump here --the Sig Waco has been out of production for awhile---If I didn't have one, I would consider the $350 .
staggerwing is offline Find More Posts by staggerwing
Old Mar 11, 2011, 02:06 PM
Team 3DHS
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,281 Posts
Trader Rating: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by staggerwing View Post
Little bump here --the Sig Waco has been out of production for awhile---If I didn't have one, I would consider the $350 .
Actually, they have it in stock now. (according to their website)

http://www.sigmfg.com/cgi-bin/dpsmar...FV5.html?E+Sig
djmoose is offline Find More Posts by djmoose
Closed Thread