SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 05, 2011, 02:14 PM
did a reversed Immelman..once.
Novi, Michigan
Joined Nov 2002
2,251 Posts
Whoops!
what's this.?Obama is losing support from Hollywood's elite.?

..me totally shocked..!

well maybe not,you see sometimes it takes these people a couple years before they realize campaign promises are usually forgotten a few months after the inauguation

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** **********
Matt Damon joins the growing list of celebrities unhappy with President Obama..
from yahoonews:
Matt Damon said.."I really think he misinterpreted his mandate.I thought it was a great line, 'I no longer hope for audacity,'" Damon said, referring to the title of Obama's memoir. "He's doubled down on a lot of things..the idea that we're testing students & we're tying teachers salaries to how kids are performing on tests, that kind of thinking has nothing to do with higher order.

In December, actress Barbra Streisand, a prominent Democratic donor, praised Obama,but told CNN's Larry King that she was unhappy that the president isn't more aggressive on certain issues.Streisand singled out his slow progress in overturning the "don't ask, don't tell" ban.

Director Spike Lee was among those who trashed Obama's slow response to last year's devastating oil spill along the Gulf Coast, suggesting the president hadn't shown enough effort or emotion on the issue.

Robert Redford appeared in an ad for the Natural Resources Defense Council urging Obama to show more leadership on energy issues, and in a piece for the Huffington Post, he slammed Obama for not doing more to press Congress on the clean energy.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thetic...esident-obamaa
SKYPILEIT is offline Find More Posts by SKYPILEIT
Old Mar 05, 2011, 02:42 PM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYPILEIT View Post
Robert Redford appeared in an ad for the Natural Resources Defense Council urging Obama to show more leadership on energy issues, and in a piece for the Huffington Post, he slammed Obama for not doing more to press Congress on the clean energy.
Yup. Redford has done a lot to promote horse powered electricity.

madsci_guy is offline Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Mar 05, 2011, 08:01 PM
Novi, Michigan
Joined Nov 2002
2,251 Posts
I give Damon points for being honest...with 43 million Americans on food stamps.at least he shows an attempt to speak the truth.

from ABC News:
Damon, expressed his feelings Thursday. On the president's State of the Union address last month, Damon said, "He's doubled down on a lot of things. ... He didn't even say the word 'poverty.' You've got millions of people languishing in it."

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ry?id=13055981
Old Mar 05, 2011, 08:08 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYPILEIT View Post
..the idea that we're testing students & we're tying teachers salaries to how kids are performing on tests

If I was a teacher I'd be making the tests easier and lowering the standards so that everyone does well.
Usta Bee is offline Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Old Mar 05, 2011, 08:48 PM
Joined Nov 2006
1,067 Posts
It sounds like mostly they are saying he is not liberal enough - which I doubt is the point you would like to make with your post here...

As any example, how many Republican leaders are in support of getting rid of "Don't ask, Don't tell" policy? I cannot think of any especially in the tea party. Quite the contrary.

I have always liked Matt Damon, he seems very intelligent and by the post he isn't someone that is just going to support down party line. I really enjoyed this interview clip:

MATT DAMON: Sarah Palin, Nuke Codes & Dinosaurs (1 min 42 sec)
Kurpal is offline Find More Posts by Kurpal
Old Mar 06, 2011, 05:36 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Film actors - politics - that'll never work

Oh hang on - Reagan.........................now I'm really confused
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Mar 06, 2011, 06:19 AM
Novi, Michigan
Joined Nov 2002
2,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurpal View Post
It sounds like mostly they are saying he is not liberal enough - which I doubt is the point you would like to make with your post here...

As any example, how many Republican leaders are in support of getting rid of "Don't ask, Don't tell" policy? I cannot think of any especially in the tea party. Quite the contrary.
He's right..the thought of Sarah Palin as a VP candidate was 'too much too soon'...for most voters.

Luckily,we're now in much better hands with a former 'community organizer' with a dime thin resume.
Old Mar 06, 2011, 07:23 AM
Omphaloskeptic
Joined Feb 2005
930 Posts
Obama didn't express enough emotion about the oil spill! Oh the horror! Whats what we really need from a president. That will really fix any problem. Emotion!
SaulOhio is offline Find More Posts by SaulOhio
Old Mar 06, 2011, 07:35 AM
Low, slow and dirty
maine
Joined Jan 2008
427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post

Oh hang on - Reagan.........................now I'm really confused

Reagan: the beginning of corperate america's "excessive greed"-- and unfair practices that our leaders have openend the door too..

Corperate profit margins "above" human life, is their motto...
jumpinjo is offline Find More Posts by jumpinjo
Old Mar 06, 2011, 08:49 AM
Joined Jul 2004
3,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post

Imagine Al Pacino as President.
Usta Bee is offline Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Old Mar 06, 2011, 12:15 PM
On the Edge of Space
Exit 4, South Jersey, USA
Joined Dec 2007
1,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpinjo View Post
Reagan: the beginning of corperate america's "excessive greed"-- and unfair practices that our leaders have openend the door too..

And all more of the same stuff from every prez since, just making different mouth noises.
dLdV is offline Find More Posts by dLdV
Old Mar 06, 2011, 05:51 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usta Bee View Post
Imagine Al Pacino as President.
I was thinking more along the lines of American Dad...................but we've just got rid of him
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Mar 18, 2011, 07:52 AM
Novi, Michigan
Joined Nov 2002
2,251 Posts
Obama loses Joan Baez..

The renowned singer for freedom & democratic rights has withdrawn support for President Obama...basically on human rights issues.

http://www.politico.com/click/storie...activist_.html
Old Mar 18, 2011, 08:00 AM
Made in the USA
Joined May 2010
429 Posts
This is impressive, America waking up.
BE77 Pilot is online now Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:24 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpinjo View Post

Would that be similar to the motto of the "Abortion Factories"?

How about those that turn their back on the "Drug Gangs" in the US? Reckon the partake of any of those ill gotten profits?

How about the PUBLIC Unions demanding more than taxpayers can pay?

There is good and bad in many things.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad