HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by brwilkins, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 05, 2011, 01:50 PM
No meat = no pudding
Machesney Park, IL
Joined Jul 2008
1,433 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
For Sale
Hacker X-80 Opto Pro ESC and USB programming interface

Please read this ad carefully.

This is a Hacker X-80 Opto Pro ESC and comes with the USB interface cable and software for programming.

http://www.aero-model.com/Hacker-Bru...ro-3D-ESC.aspx

Specs:
- 80A continuous / 12A peak current
- For use with 5 to 10S Lipos
- Has a spark arrest circuit

I had another ESC from Hacker (same model as this, but not this one) that I installed in a 30cc size plane. When I installed it and powered that one up, it ran fine at half throttle, but when I went to full throttle the ESC smoked and died. I had a watt meter between the lipos and ESC and it never exceeded 80A while I was running it. I sent that one back to Hacker and they said that it was defective and replaced it with this one, which they said was brand new. I have not installed this one in a plane. After the issue that I experienced, I'm not sure that I trust Hacker ESC's and am going to switch back to another brand.

Again, I have not installed this in a plane, applied power to it, or anything. Hacker (Aero-Model) sent it to me as a replacement. If you experience issues with it, you will need to work with Hacker (Aero-Model, which is the US distributor for Hacker). I will not provide a refund. I will say that Aero-Model gave me great customer service on it and replaced it without a hassle. I personally love Hacker motors, but am now skeptical about their ESC's.

Price is $125 or best offer.

If you have any questions, please PM me.

Thanks!
brwilkins is offline Find More Posts by brwilkins
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2011, 11:45 AM
No meat = no pudding
Machesney Park, IL
Joined Jul 2008
1,433 Posts
Reduced. Make an offer.
Last edited by brwilkins; Apr 01, 2011 at 01:28 PM.
Old Apr 01, 2011, 01:27 PM
No meat = no pudding
Machesney Park, IL
Joined Jul 2008
1,433 Posts
Ok, anybody want to make any reasonable offer on this?