HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by old_dan, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 04, 2011, 03:02 PM
Cognito, Ergo Imbibo
Morgan Hill, CA
Joined Sep 2007
310 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Sold
Evolution 26GX Gas Engine

I have a new Evolution 26GX for sale. The engine came on an airplane that I bought pre-built from a guy on Craigslist. He told me that it has never been run. I think he was telling me the truth....it looks new. It was way too much engine for the model that it came on so I took it off & set it aside. I was thinking that I'd eventually build a bigger model more suitable for this engine. That hasn't happened yet so I'm selling this engine. It comes with a used Pitts style muffler. The muffler has a some scrapes on the tips of the outlet tubes, but that won't affect the peformance. As pictured, this is complete with the ignition system. I'll throw in a couple of spare spark plugs (to be honest, the plugs are $10 at the hobby shop, but they're $1.60 at the Honda outboard motor shop, so I bought a box....they do need to be replaced once in a while).

I have another one of these engines installed on my Fourstar 120 & they are great running engines!

I'm looking for $400 or offer (shipped to the lower 48 via USPS flat rate box) for the engine and muffler. That's a pretty fair price, since these retail for $449 and the muffler is an $85 part.

Sorry...I don't have the box or paperwork. I do have a pdf manual from Evolution.
old_dan is offline Find More Posts by old_dan
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2011, 12:51 AM
Cognito, Ergo Imbibo
Morgan Hill, CA
Joined Sep 2007
310 Posts
I'd like to sell this engine, but maybe it was priced a little too high. How about $350 shipped.

Dan
Old Mar 06, 2011, 01:21 AM
Placentia, CA
Joined Jan 2005
6 Posts
Trader Rating: 32
Evolution 26GX

Is the thrust washer around somewhere and just not on the crankshaft?
hoops is offline Find More Posts by hoops
Old Mar 06, 2011, 01:25 AM
Cognito, Ergo Imbibo
Morgan Hill, CA
Joined Sep 2007
310 Posts
I do have one & it is included with the engine! I assume you're talking about the prop nut with the built in washer.
Dan
Old Mar 07, 2011, 01:46 PM
Cognito, Ergo Imbibo
Morgan Hill, CA
Joined Sep 2007
310 Posts
OK....there have been a lot of lookers....but no takers.

I'll go $325 shipped. This is a new engine. If you're interested in making one of your airplanes into a gasser, this is a great way to go. This engine will mount directly on the rails like most of the big glow engines.
Old Mar 07, 2011, 06:07 PM
United States, UT, Hooper
Joined Oct 2006
88 Posts
Trader Rating: 20
Does this engine have a symmetrical cylinder head (i.e. can it be turned to locate the spark plug on the other side of the engine)?
cjneal is offline Find More Posts by cjneal
Old Mar 07, 2011, 06:12 PM
Cognito, Ergo Imbibo
Morgan Hill, CA
Joined Sep 2007
310 Posts
Yes....it can be turned in any direction. Right now it is installed so that the spark plug (and the wire) are on the opposite side from the exhaust.
Old Mar 07, 2011, 07:28 PM
Placentia, CA
Joined Jan 2005
6 Posts
Trader Rating: 32
Send a PM
hoops is offline Find More Posts by hoops
Old Mar 07, 2011, 08:07 PM
Cognito, Ergo Imbibo
Morgan Hill, CA
Joined Sep 2007