Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by djdaveq, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 04, 2011, 02:37 PM
I'd rather be flying...
New York City
Joined May 2005
1,131 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
For Sale
Taking Offers On Excellent Conidtion Airstar Mongoose Heli 90+ Sized Gasser

For sale 2 year old barely flown Gasser... Airstar Mongoose, in near perfect condition, never been crashed. The heli can be shipped or picked up, its location is New York City.

First let me say I am a commercial pilot, so this heli has been treated as if I were about to get inside it and fly it. You could not buy this from a safer more reliable person.

This state of the art heli is made from CNC T6061 aircraft aluminum and all parts are metal on the head and tail. I used this heli a few times on aerial photography jobs to carry a very heavy camera. I think the payload can be as much as 15 lbs possibly more. Heli flys like a dream, but im strapped for cash right now so something got to go. Here is what it comes with.

This heli comes ready to fly with all electronics, blades and motor, simply add your receiver, set up your remote and fly. Do not ask me to part any of it out.

This heli runs on gasoline from any gas station and 2 stroke oil. The engine has been through a pain staking break in process according to a RC gas engine EXPERT!

(I am posting some pics here, some old some new, the heli camera mount is currently black with landing skids and the heli canopy is currently white.

1 Zenoah RC270 Gas Engine - about 1 year old I upgraded the motor from the 260 to the 270. I got it from Toxicmarine.com, it has every bell and whistle you can imagine to upgrade this motor and it is fully internally balanced for super smooth performance.

4 Futaba S9551 Servos on Head
1 Futaba S9254 Servo On Tail
1 Futaba GY401 for tail
1 Futaba S9202 throttle servo
1 Duralite Regulator
2 Duralite 7.4 volt 4300 MAH batteries for power
1 pair of Carbon Fiber 850mm main blades by MAH
1 pair of carbon fiber tail blades
1 White Canopy, has some cracks
1 pair of stock skids
1 bag full of misc spare parts and screws and such.

--Serious offers only—
If you are serious about this PM me once, I will give you my phone number, I will not go back and fourth in email and PM on a daily basis. You can call me and ask ALL the questions you want.

-------
Heli canopy is now white. NOT Orange Anymore!
-------

1 Under Slung Camera Mount For Airstar Heli

I designed and made this custom welded mount for the airstar mongoose, there is none like it on the world. It’s a super simple design. Its made from all T6061 Aircraft Aluminum and has 4 specially tuned springs to dampen vibrations to the camera mount.

The camera mount has tilt control only, pan is accomplished by panning the tail of the heli, it works well. I have some videos shot from the heli as well using a 1.3 lb sony HC5 camera, look at the video named “beautiful country” and “end of summer” at www.vimeo.com/skycamusa

When using a heavier camera such as a Sony EX1 the footage gets better and better, you almost do not even need any post video stabilization.

It also now has removable skids and gimble so if you need to film out any side of the mount with out seeing the mount in the frame, left right forward or backwards. The skids also raised up the camera higher. When removing the skids you can simply land on the 4 points of the mount.

You can use almost any gimble on the mount, incase you want to upgrade to servo pan and roll in the future. I have personally carried 10lb cameras on this with no problem what so ever such as the Sony EX1, and HVX200 and did a weight lift test a sea level in the summer at 15lbs, no problem. All flew and filmed with NO vibrations.

The mount is currently painted black with removable skids, there are some old pics here of it as silver with no skids, that was my version 1.0. Its now black with removable skids.

HELI FLIGHT VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgdMFd56Pxs

---Optional----

You can take the camera mount with out video tx or rx. There is a tilt servo included in the gimble.

---Optional----

Also I have a PROFESSIONAL custom made case from Hollywood California for this heli, it will fit the heli and the camera mount inside. This case has wheels and handles in all the right places, one person can even move it. Its ROCK SOLID and I have shipped the heli across the country several times with no issues. Its fully padded on the inside custom made for this heli to support it in all the right places.

Now I don’t say you need to buy the case, but to be honest if you live far from New York City and are not coming to pick up the heli I really don’t know how to ship it, unless you are going to ship me back an empty case after you get the heli.

----Pricing-----

I’m going to price this out real simple, so please do not ask to all kinds of weird combination on price. I’m not going to add this up right here but easy to say I spent about $4000-$5000 on all this stuff, and no reasonable offer will be refused.

-For the helicopter ONLY ready to fly simply add your RX - Asking $2k plus shipping or pick up.

-Add camera mount and camera gimble with tilt servo, (no downlink or rx) for $200 plus shipping or pick up.

-Add Custom made professional ultra high quality transport case for $500

--Shipping—

Buyer pays shipping based on location, Will ship next business day by UPS ground fully insured only (it cost me $200 to send this to Texas from NYC once so you have an idea in shipping cost based on your location)

---Parting out---
I will not part out the heli, it comes RTF only, I will however sell the camera mount and gimble separately and heli case separately if anyone wants it.

--Serious offers only—
If you are serious about this PM me once, I will give you my phone number, I will not go back and fourth in email and PM on a daily basis. You can call me and ask ALL the questions you want.
djdaveq is offline Find More Posts by djdaveq
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2011, 08:48 PM
Long Beach, Ca
Joined Dec 2007
47 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Mongoose...

NICE machine David!

I have one and LOVE it! Make sure it goes to a good home who will appreciate the finest Model helicopter in the world!!!
Rain Maker is offline Find More Posts by Rain Maker
Old Mar 10, 2011, 01:26 PM
I'd rather be flying...
New York City
Joined May 2005
1,131 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
yes i agree, thank you so much rain!
djdaveq is offline Find More Posts by djdaveq