Old Mar 04, 2011, 01:47 AM
Obessive Compulsive
Visalia, California
Joined Mar 2010
1,300 Posts
Trader Rating: 26
Discussion
Bought some Bad Batteries off a guy at RC Groups

The guy has stepped up and did the right thing. He has refunded 100% in full.

Thanks for all your input guys.

This thread is closed.
DaveBC is offline Find More Posts by DaveBC
Last edited by DaveBC; Mar 09, 2011 at 05:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2011, 09:44 AM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,071 Posts
Trader Rating: 50
Thanks for the info - another one on the "list"...
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Old Mar 04, 2011, 11:34 AM
Obessive Compulsive
Visalia, California
Joined Mar 2010
1,300 Posts
I know its only a few bucks and some of my time.... Are no other opinions? Then I must be over reacting. Guess I will go take a stress pill and chill....
Old Mar 04, 2011, 11:39 AM
road wart
United States, CT, Stonington
Joined Aug 2003
2,908 Posts
Trader Rating: 97
I'd send em back and eat the fees and shipping just to lessen the bleeding....and do what you've done(warn others of his tactics etc) . Ther's no real way to deal with it when dealing with someone who isn't prepared to do the right thing. It's his reputation taking the pounding over a few dollars....find some comfort in that.
racie34 is offline Find More Posts by racie34
Old Mar 04, 2011, 11:46 AM
Ryan
USA, NJ, Barnegat
Joined Mar 2005
146 Posts
Trader Rating: 27
From his original f/s thread...

"like new, I only used them for set up, but they were on a trex 500 for only a few weeks, perfect condition."

My question is, did he use them for set up or for flying?He could have beat the hell outta those packs for a few weeks.

Caveat emptor!
rfg06 is offline Find More Posts by rfg06
Old Mar 04, 2011, 11:56 AM
road wart
United States, CT, Stonington
Joined Aug 2003
2,908 Posts
Trader Rating: 97
why someone would let their reputation take a hammering for some dollars is beyond me.
Have you left him feedback? good or bad?
I like the way he brung a 3rd party into it to decide the fate of your dollars.....gonna have his friend check em out....why not yours?
racie34 is offline Find More Posts by racie34
Old Mar 04, 2011, 12:09 PM
United States, MI, South Lyon
Joined Aug 2004
1,178 Posts
Trader Rating: 80
FWIW, I always shy away from batteries that were used in a heli. Have you ever seen a volts/amps graph of a typical 3D heli flight?
StrangeGager is offline Find More Posts by StrangeGager
Old Mar 04, 2011, 12:55 PM
To build or fly today?
United States, AL, Gulf Shores
Joined Feb 2008
605 Posts
Trader Rating: 53
I shy away from used batts period.
Doubledog is offline Find More Posts by Doubledog
Old Mar 04, 2011, 05:29 PM
Obessive Compulsive
Visalia, California
Joined Mar 2010
1,300 Posts
Thanks for the input guys. I have already left him a positive feedback. They were well packed and shipped promptly. But weather was bad here. So It was a week before I got to try em out. The guy communicates promptly but refuses to see I'm the loser here.

I have nothing but good experiences with RC Groups members and the items I purchased. So, I'll chalk this up to experience. And thanks for the tip on heli used batteries. I'll avoid them in the future.
Old Mar 04, 2011, 05:38 PM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,071 Posts
Trader Rating: 50
Dave , you can always edit the feedback... at least bump him down to a neutral if you don't feel that a full on negative is due.
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Old Mar 04, 2011, 07:03 PM
United States, CA, Ontario
Joined Mar 2002
7,588 Posts
Trader Rating: 83
Welcome to TBBBC (the bad battery buyers cub) mine were " one only has 3 flights on it , the other never even have a connector on it " , come to find out the batts were over 3 yrs old , to me , your lucky the guy is doing anything .
My dbs , gave me a positive then 2 - 3 weeks later gave me a neg rateing for the one deal , to top it off, modds took his neg that i gave him away in order to take the second feedback (neg) he left me , good luck !
Dennis Everett is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Everett
Old Mar 04, 2011, 07:28 PM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,508 Posts
Trader Rating: 107
Sorry you're having a problem. This is exactly why I don't buy used batteries, and I don't buy used cars. You don't know how the previous owner treated them. Hope he makes it right by you.
Mike_Then is online now Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 04, 2011, 08:12 PM
Obessive Compulsive
Visalia, California
Joined Mar 2010
1,300 Posts
He'll make it right, He's not a crook. I don't want to give that impression. He feels that even tho his discription was not correct. He should have a right to recover his costs... I can't see that but I suppose It takes all kinds. He'll take the shipping off his refund price and I'll be out the batteries and about 20 bucks for two shippings and paypal fees. And I'll have nothing to show for my 20 bucks but a bad taste in my mouth....
Old Mar 04, 2011, 09:17 PM
United States, CA, Lodi
Joined Dec 2010
26 Posts
Trader Rating: 17
Bad batts

Spitt then go brush at least twice. Thats what im doin
allpropedup is offline Find More Posts by allpropedup
Old Mar 05, 2011, 08:29 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,452 Posts
Trader Rating: 174
Thats a Bummer Dave BC..I stopped buyin used Batteries also....its not worth the Trouble...I've got burn't 3 times and its just not worth the hassle...One fellow was a very active person here...i just didn't want to git myself in a Hornets nest....so just bit my tongue.....I kinda feel some that sell batteries just don't know what REAL shape their Power Packs are really in...I've been very Pleased with HobbyPartz...Those Blue and i also like the Gens Ace ones....and i for one feel you should not pay for shipping either....the add was Not described correctly...Period....Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Closed Thread