HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by seaspb, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 04, 2011, 12:09 AM
Let's find some thermals!
United States, OR, Silverton
Joined Nov 2008
908 Posts
Build Log
green machine Tracer

New toy plane from SUSA. Its Nan tracer green with red trim.

After thermaling the nemesis fun, but really challenging. I've seen a couple of these fly and they look fun. This is gonna be my all arounder. Replacing and upgrading an old Bisk II. That plane was fun! Using a bungee it thermaled well, on the slope it was fast enough to race.

I plan on reading Targets build thread before starting.

Here are the numbers so far
Empty air frame 60.55oz
All gear+ 23oz (this includes manufactures packaging)
I realistically will see AUW of 78 or less. I'll post pics tomorrow. Build might start on Monday.
seaspb is offline Find More Posts by seaspb
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2011, 10:18 PM
Joined Nov 2008
908 Posts
pics

i haven't had much time with her. still managed to make the FL servo tray, installed the canopy hatch keeper.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 11:40 PM
Joined Nov 2008
908 Posts
Been flying a lot, no time to build. Have managed to make the tail connectors, battery pack, have gotten servo trays in the wing. I found that the main spar and sub are clse together at the aileron so trimming of mount and wing servo opening. Harness needs to be soldered together.
Will post pics soon.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 12:13 AM
Joined Nov 2008
908 Posts
bay area

put some holes in the tray. The servos are as forward as possible allowing removal. rx is toward the wing, the 4s 2/3A's 1500 pack vanished in side the nose in front of the tray.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:47 PM
Joined Nov 2008
908 Posts
Last night I took the leap of faith. Tail control rods are in. I'll find out today after work weather or not all that measuring worked out.
Torrey pines 2day race this weekend, will post report and pics on Monday tracer should be done by then. Needed finish servo tray modifications and wiring harness.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 01:58 PM
Joined Nov 2008
908 Posts
Dang, waiting on MPjet clevises. The ones in the kit are good but would require me slotting the wing skin and wiper, MP's are much smaller than units supplied.
Old May 13, 2011, 08:27 AM
Joined Nov 2008
908 Posts
Finally finished it! The Mp jet clevis supplier had some difficulty sending me the right parts. AUW 76.2oz and 99.6 full of ballast.

Have flown it of of the slope and a couple of times of the bungee. Will post pics and settings later.
Closed Thread