HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 03, 2011, 06:12 PM
Joined Mar 2011
3 Posts
Alert
idem never shipped support very poor if any wont ever buy from hobbyking again

i placed an order and it was never shipped when you talk to support they tell me it was shipped even know usps web site says it was not and the post office all so says they only send the shipping info they never sent the package to top it off they tell me to wait 3 days for them to confirm with there warehouse that it was shipped 3 days to ask if its been shipped really?
POOR support wouldent order from them if they was the only company to order from and they tell me when the 3 days are up and they get around to talking to there warehouse and find out what the post office has allready told me they will issue a refund and tell me to shove it i guess so they keep my money for weeks lie to me and then offer me a refund what b/s
sgcards101 is offline Find More Posts by sgcards101
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2011, 07:40 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,181 Posts
Surprise!! Not.

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Mar 03, 2011, 07:57 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgcards101 View Post
i placed an order and it was never shipped when you talk to support they tell me it was shipped even know usps web site says it was not and the post office all so says they only send the shipping info they never sent the package to top it off they tell me to wait 3 days for them to confirm with there warehouse that it was shipped 3 days to ask if its been shipped really?
POOR support wouldent order from them if they was the only company to order from and they tell me when the 3 days are up and they get around to talking to there warehouse and find out what the post office has allready told me they will issue a refund and tell me to shove it i guess so they keep my money for weeks lie to me and then offer me a refund what b/s
The important point is not that they didn't send you anything. The important point is that it was cheaper than anyone else!

You actually saved money by dealing with them.

Look at it this way. You agreed to do this transaction as a 'birthday gift" so that you wouldn't be able to take any action against them if they screwed you out of your money. You got screwed, and now you have no recourse!

But it was the best price in town.
NoFlyZone is offline Find More Posts by NoFlyZone
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 03, 2011, 08:09 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
Here's the part about HobbyKing I don't understand. Maybe someone can fill me in on where my thinking is messed up.

1) Hobbyking asks you point blank if you want to screw the US Government out of any taxes they are due, by declaring that the item you bought is actually a 'gift' to you.

2) They then tell you that if something goes wrong, you are not entitled to take action against them because you never actually 'bought' anything, and merely received a 'gift' from them.

3) Fine upstanding all American citizens then think to themselves that "Hey, this is a good way for me to screw over my government", so they agree to this shady deal.

4) Then, when they get screwed over themselves, they suddenly feel 'slighted' and that this shouldn't happen to a good old upstanding American citizen.

Like I say, please correct any inaccuracies of my assessment of what just happened.

Chuck
Old Mar 04, 2011, 03:25 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,248 Posts
So lets get this right....you placed an order, HK thought they'd shipped it, you never got it, they investigated, discovered it really was their problem and then offered you a refund.

So which part of that was something they did wrong ?

Steve
slipstick is online now Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Mar 04, 2011, 05:06 AM
God of Gravity Poisoning
Joined Nov 2010
336 Posts
It only took you six days to get your problem sorted out? You should read the vendors forums before you think you had a problem some people have waited months to get a issue resolved when dealing with Hong Kong suppliers. If you want fast shipping and quick customer support then you better be ready to pay a little more for them. If you are in the US I can recommend headsuprc.com they are fast with both shipping and customer support and their prices aren't too bad either.
Arkansas Travelr is offline Find More Posts by Arkansas Travelr
Old Mar 04, 2011, 06:44 AM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
Palm Beach County, Fl.
Joined Aug 2008
4,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFlyZone View Post
Here's the part about HobbyKing I don't understand. Maybe someone can fill me in on where my thinking is messed up.

1) Hobbyking asks you point blank if you want to screw the US Government out of any taxes they are due, by declaring that the item you bought is actually a 'gift' to you.

2) They then tell you that if something goes wrong, you are not entitled to take action against them because you never actually 'bought' anything, and merely received a 'gift' from them.

3) Fine upstanding all American citizens then think to themselves that "Hey, this is a good way for me to screw over my government", so they agree to this shady deal.

4) Then, when they get screwed over themselves, they suddenly feel 'slighted' and that this shouldn't happen to a good old upstanding American citizen.

Like I say, please correct any inaccuracies of my assessment of what just happened.

Chuck
Such an affirmation to the human condition and enlightening unbiased viewpoint.
ApexAero is online now Find More Posts by ApexAero
Old Mar 04, 2011, 06:56 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexAero View Post
Such an affirmation to the human condition and enlightening unbiased viewpoint.
You're welcome. I try...
Old Mar 05, 2011, 12:39 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,780 Posts
Everything I buy RC is a gift to me. LOL You don't actually think she would just let me spend this much?

The US government is not mentioned. They sell world wide?

Also not trying to be the speealung paloice but even we collonists spell it Item. Interesting he has 2 posts and one is in the Austroilean bit.

I am surprised you are surprised Mark?
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Last edited by KCV6; Mar 05, 2011 at 12:45 AM.
Old Mar 05, 2011, 06:53 AM
Its all fun
Australia, NSW, Forster
Joined Oct 2004
7,114 Posts
Quote:

Chuck
Chuck, is your day job the writer of fiction novels?
Item 1. Instead of your cynicism, wouldn't it be perfectly legitimate to declare the shipment is a gift IF IT REALLY IS?? So why blame HK for this option?
OK, I concede that offering you the option to declare the value as a percentage of actual cost is naughty, BUT ONLY IF the BUYER CHOOSES TO! Again, not HK's fault
Your item 2.. own up mate, you just made this part up didn't you! The original whinger never said anything of the sort

So in summary, it looks like you scored an egg for the innings there mate. Sorry
Tonystott is offline Find More Posts by Tonystott
Last edited by Tonystott; Mar 05, 2011 at 06:55 AM. Reason: tyops
Old Mar 05, 2011, 10:21 PM
LaSalle, Illinois
Joined Sep 2007
476 Posts
I must be getting old....I've read his post 3 times and it still doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe that's what part of the problem is.

Sterling
yardboz1 is offline Find More Posts by yardboz1
Old Mar 08, 2011, 01:13 AM
Joined Mar 2009
368 Posts
Quote:

Chuck
They aren't screwing the us government out of anything, the government is complicit in this behavior--it's not like the law couldn't easily be enforced, but the government is in the pockets of big business that enjoy these loopholes. The reason this law isn't enforced is because of it would put big companies like walmart at risk who also use shady methods to avoid import taxes.

I personally enjoy buying from hobbyking and think they offer as good of service as any other place I've shopped, considering their distance away.
djacobox372 is offline Find More Posts by djacobox372
Old Apr 06, 2011, 11:12 PM
Joined Jul 2009
1,311 Posts
same happened to me as well..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post17902026
mrexcel is offline Find More Posts by mrexcel
Old Apr 07, 2011, 08:21 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardboz1 View Post
I must be getting old....I've read his post 3 times and it still doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe that's what part of the problem is.

Sterling
Yardboz, I have run it through the universal translator at work. It didn't work either. Surprising seeing as some are agreeing with him. I'm hoping they can translate.

Mark

Actually on reading mrexcels exquisite post with badbart I now understand. They are upset that China has so many public holidays (3rd to 5th of this month for example.. perhaps if they Google "Public Holidays China") and can't comprehend that as they leave the online store open for business, there is a back up of orders (as per the site FAQ and T's & C's, yep it mentions order delays due to holidays) which means processing will probably take a week. I guess it's the end of the world as we all know it if HK gets behind by a week.

Then again my full NBC gear just may be interfering with my judgment.
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Last edited by KCV6; Apr 07, 2011 at 09:11 AM.