Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 03, 2011, 01:23 PM
Joined May 2006
805 Posts
Video
R/W/B Electric Goldberg Cub Maiden

Maiden flight / Carl Goldberg Cub in red white and blue with onboard Keychain HD camera and Gopro HD camera. Maybe it was a little too windy for a maiden, but...cabin fever made me do it.

HD Link on Vimeo:

First Flight Goldberg Cub R/W/B with Gopro HD Onboard. (3 min 6 sec)
Kenpilot is offline Find More Posts by Kenpilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2011, 02:04 PM
Ryan
USA, NJ, Barnegat
Joined Mar 2005
146 Posts
Nice video and nicer plane. I didn't realize this was in Jersey until the end credits. You have a great flying field!
rfg06 is offline Find More Posts by rfg06
Old Mar 03, 2011, 09:36 PM
rrg
USA, KY, Edgewood
Joined Dec 2007
1,256 Posts
Nice flight,great music
rrg is offline Find More Posts by rrg
Old Mar 04, 2011, 11:14 PM
Joined May 2006
170 Posts
Very cool!!!!

Nice vid & music!!!

What's your power set up? I'm putting one together, same color scheme, but got her a .52, 4 stroker from Magnum.

That landing gear really makes a difference!

Cheers,

Aeromechanic
aeromechanic1 is offline Find More Posts by aeromechanic1
Old Mar 05, 2011, 08:50 AM
D.G.B.
Southington, Connecticut, United States
Joined Jun 2000
2,951 Posts
Very KOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Daddy-O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KOMET44
KOMET 44 is offline Find More Posts by KOMET 44
Old Mar 05, 2011, 01:22 PM
Joined May 2006
805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMET 44 View Post
Very KOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Daddy-O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KOMET44
Thanks Komet44.
Old Mar 05, 2011, 09:40 PM
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined May 2006
69 Posts
Super! Awesome, fantabulous........oh, by the way, well done!
flyenrw is offline Find More Posts by flyenrw
Old Mar 06, 2011, 01:06 AM
BadPilot
United States, IL, Downers Grove
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
Ken,

I have seen other videos you have posted and this one is just as good! Nice work and great flying!

Hope it warms up for you soon.

May you have good air.

John
badpilotto is offline Find More Posts by badpilotto
Old Mar 07, 2011, 06:14 AM
san antonio, texas
Joined Mar 2002
1,891 Posts
A really enjoyable vid. Nice plane too! Great job.
skypup is offline Find More Posts by skypup
Old Mar 09, 2011, 07:08 PM
Plane Basher
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
Joined Oct 2005
175 Posts
Kenpilot, What type of motor /battery combo are you using? Also, what is the planes weight w/battery. What esc are you using and lastly do you know how many watts your pulling at what amp draw?
I know, I'm asking alot of questions but my next project is the same as yours. Your Cub flies so well (per your video) I presently have a motor/battery combination in a Tower Hobbies Kaos that gives me 600 watts at 30 amps and weighs 6 1/2 pounds. I'm hoping to use that combo in my Cub.

Sam
slammer1 is offline Find More Posts by slammer1
Old May 24, 2011, 12:08 PM
Joined May 2006
805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammer1 View Post
Kenpilot, What type of motor /battery combo are you using? Also, what is the planes weight w/battery. What esc are you using and lastly do you know how many watts your pulling at what amp draw?
I know, I'm asking alot of questions but my next project is the same as yours. Your Cub flies so well (per your video) I presently have a motor/battery combination in a Tower Hobbies Kaos that gives me 600 watts at 30 amps and weighs 6 1/2 pounds. I'm hoping to use that combo in my Cub.

Sam
Sam, that sounds a little underpowered for a CG Cub. I used THIS AXI motor selector tool to make my choice for the Cub. This was my first electric setup for an airplane that is other than a foamy, so it was all new to me at the time I purchased it. This is the second CG Cub that this motor /esc/battery setup has flown on.

ON this airplane, the AXI 4120/18 is used with 5s Lipo's of various sizes from 3200 to 5000 mah. Have been using an APC 13x8 e prop, but am in the process of searching for a better setup as lately I've been having a hard time taking off from thick grass. My ESC is the Jeti Opto 70. My watt meter has not seen action lately, will have to plug it in and get some more numbers for you.

The problems with takeoff lately are more due to very thick /wet grass than problems with power. Have ordered bigger foam wheels and some different props to try. Also, the articulating scale cub gear / tail wires are causing alot of drag in the grass.

Good luck with your Cub.
Last edited by Kenpilot; May 24, 2011 at 01:01 PM.