Thx,
oreded
s.mario is online now Find More Posts by s.mario
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2011, 03:35 PM
Joined Aug 2010
840 Posts
OSD Internal Error 1A0000

I finally got my Guardian today. The good news is that it works, (horizon line, gain shows up on the servo deflection line, servos move correctly when I wiggle the plane, rapidly flashing status light) the bad news is regardless of where I add the Guardian into the daisychain, I get the message OSD Internal Error 1A0000. Email support

I of course enabled stabilization, tried a factory reset, I also tried downgrading from 10.08 back to 10.04, I ran the safety wizard (had to run it with the OSD Internal Error 1A0000. Email support message displayed but still couldn't get rid of the error message,many, many reboots.

Anyone have any ideas????? Thanks.
thekubiaks is offline Find More Posts by thekubiaks
Last edited by thekubiaks; Nov 09, 2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old Nov 09, 2011, 03:40 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekubiaks View Post
I finally got my Guardian today. The good news is that it works, (horizon line, gain shows up on the servo deflection line, servos move correctly when I wiggle the plane, rapidly flashing status light) the bad news is regardless of where I add the Guardian into the daisychain, I get the message OSD Internal Error 1A0000. Email support

I of course enabled stabilization, tried a factory reset, I also tried downgrading from 10.08 back to 10.04, I ran the safety wizard (had to run it with the OSD Internal Error. Email support message displayed but still couldn't get rid of the error message,many, many reboots.

Anyone have any ideas????? Thanks.
reinstall. Hopefully that will do it.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Nov 09, 2011, 03:43 PM
Joined Aug 2010
840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
reinstall. Hopefully that will do it.
Thanks for the reply, reinstall what?? I reinstalled the release version 10.04 of the software, is that what you mean?? thx
Last edited by thekubiaks; Nov 09, 2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old Nov 09, 2011, 09:23 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,315 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the reply, reinstall what?? I reinstalled the release version 10.04 of the software, is that what you mean?? thx
Yes. Sometimes you may have some strange error in the install process. I have seen it before.

It's just a whim. I hope it works...
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Nov 10, 2011, 05:50 PM
San Francisco
Joined May 2009
1,089 Posts
Heading Hold Problem

I was wondering if anyone else is having trouble with the Heading Hold feature. A while back it worked great, but now it drifts to the right on both of my planes (Skywalker & Cularis). When I increase the Stabilizer Turn Gain it oscillates back and forth, but still continues to turn to the right. When reducing this gain it just turns right without the oscillation.
rsowder is offline Find More Posts by rsowder
Old Nov 10, 2011, 08:59 PM
But often down to earth
Oklahoma, USA
Joined Sep 2010
734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsowder View Post
I was wondering if anyone else is having trouble with the Heading Hold feature. A while back it worked great, but now it drifts to the right on both of my planes (Skywalker & Cularis). When I increase the Stabilizer Turn Gain it oscillates back and forth, but still continues to turn to the right. When reducing this gain it just turns right without the oscillation.
Mine holds ok. But, I don't use it for very long distances. How long does it take to drift off?

Steve
Floater73 is offline Find More Posts by Floater73
Old Nov 10, 2011, 10:16 PM
Just FPV'n
Orange County Ca.
Joined Feb 2009
519 Posts
Can't turn off Guardian with Aux2 switch

Who is using a Futaba 9cap and has it configured to use Aux1 & Aux2 to navigate the OSD menu?
I have my 9cap configured that way and I can't seem to get the Guardian to turn off.. I routed Aux2 from the OSD into channel 7 of my Dragonlink , and In the Aux-Ch I set CH7 to Swicth G but Guardian won't turn off when I flip the switch...
Anyone have any suggestions??
Mykro is offline Find More Posts by Mykro
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 10, 2011, 10:35 PM
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Feb 2004
9,090 Posts
you can't have the aux 1-2 working the OSD and the guardian. You need to put the OSD on a 3 position switch and have the guardian on its own switch.
ashdec87 is offline Find More Posts by ashdec87
Old Nov 10, 2011, 10:51 PM
Just FPV'n
Orange County Ca.
Joined Feb 2009
519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdec87 View Post
you can't have the aux 1-2 working the OSD and the guardian. You need to put the OSD on a 3 position switch and have the guardian on its own switch.
Your right!.. I just went back and reviewed the manual.. Thanks...
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 10, 2011, 11:04 PM
Go Flyers!
South Jerzzz
Joined Aug 2008
262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdec87 View Post
so this means that the ONLY way to navigate through the osd menu(while having the guardian) is with the 3-pos switch? If so, then THAT SUCKS. I tried to fly like that before and could never select what i wanted with that setup, never remembered whether i shoulda hit the switch all the way up or down to select something. How would you turn on RTH in this case? Only through the menu? I really hope this isn't the case...
dmastax1x is offline Find More Posts by dmastax1x
Old Nov 10, 2011, 11:25 PM
Just FPV'n
Orange County Ca.
Joined Feb 2009
519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmastax1x View Post
so this means that the ONLY way to navigate through the osd menu(while having the guardian) is with the 3-pos switch? If so, then THAT SUCKS. I tried to fly like that before and could never select what i wanted with that setup, never remembered whether i shoulda hit the switch all the way up or down to select something. How would you turn on RTH in this case? Only through the menu? I really hope this isn't the case...
With the Aux1 & Aux2 configuration... Using Aux1 on a switch navigates through the osd menu.. Aux2 on another switch selects the menu item.. You cannot turn Guardian off with the Aux2 switch with this setup. You can only turn Stabilization on/off via the menu only... If you were to choose using the 3 position switch option you would be able to navigate "and" select the menu item. The Aux2 switch, (or knob/slider) would then be dedicated to the Guardian to adjust gain or turn it off completely during flight..
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 11, 2011, 12:18 AM
Joined Aug 2010
840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmastax1x View Post
I feel your pain, I was using the 3posRTH setting and now I am having to switch to the 3pos switch to use the Guardian. It takes some practice. You activate RTH by the Carlisle method which basically is throttle idle, throttle trim all of the way to the bottom (assuming you set your failsafe accordingly)
Old Nov 11, 2011, 06:40 AM
Go Flyers!
South Jerzzz
Joined Aug 2008
262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykro View Post
You cannot turn Guardian off with the Aux2 switch with this setup. You can only turn Stabilization on/off via the menu only... If you were to choose using the 3 position switch option you would be able to navigate "and" select the menu item. The Aux2 switch, (or knob/slider) would then be dedicated to the Guardian to adjust gain or turn it off completely during flight..
so you're saying that you can still have two switches to cycle through and select menu items BUT in that case you'd have to use the menu to activate/adjust gain for the guardian? If that's correct, then i feel like i'd rather do that than go back to using the 3-pos for item selection.

Quote:
I feel your pain, I was using the 3posRTH setting and now I am having to switch to the 3pos switch to use the Guardian. It takes some practice. You activate RTH by the Carlisle method which basically is throttle idle, throttle trim all of the way to the bottom (assuming you set your failsafe accordingly)
i'll have to read up on that method again before my guardian arrives sometime this week.

For those running the guardian with a separate switch for gain or activation, what do you think are the chances of getting your plane back if you lose all VIDEO signal? You'd have to memorize(i know its not the hardest thing in the world) the 3-pos switch pattern to turn on the menu, and then select rth. Or you could shut off your tx, which from what i read in the manual isn't recommended. So this doesn't leave you with a "safe" way to activate rth in an emergency. I for one, can see myself fumbling with and forgetting the location of my 3-pos cursor and never turning on rth at all.
dmastax1x is offline Find More Posts by dmastax1x
Old Nov 11, 2011, 06:49 AM
Back in Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2003
935 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsowder View Post

I am having the same problem. I would love to know how to fix it. I am yet to try changing any of the gain settings.
hornant is offline Find More Posts by hornant