HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 14, 2011, 01:46 AM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
All, thanks for the beta/preorder offers!

We'll be putting up the preorder soon, FYI.

Alpina540,
Quote:
But if your recommendation for RTH set up is to connect rudder to the OSD Pro then this is the surface the stabilizer will try to use. The ailerons would be much more effective than the rudder for stabilization.
Yes, when used with the Guardian, you'll want to use the aileron via the OSD. RTH is much simpler to configure/robust with the built-in stabilization.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2011, 02:29 AM
KK4BTL
United States, FL, St Petersburg
Joined Feb 2011
219 Posts
And one here. Thanx
dustydonnay is offline Find More Posts by dustydonnay
Old Apr 14, 2011, 02:30 AM
Oopss. Oh well.
In the tropics
Joined Jan 2006
3,623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
Where? Paypal ready.
borneobear is offline Find More Posts by borneobear
Old Apr 14, 2011, 06:32 AM
Fly Big, Low and Slow....
USA, VA, Wicomico
Joined Aug 2008
1,358 Posts
Quote:
All, thanks for the beta/preorder offers!

Alpina540, Yes, when used with the Guardian, you'll want to use the aileron via the OSD. RTH is much simpler to configure/robust with the built-in stabilization.
Thanks for the follow up Bill.

-Anson
Alpina540 is offline Find More Posts by Alpina540
Old Apr 20, 2011, 03:43 PM
I should be flying right now!
United States, IN, Crown Point
Joined May 2010
450 Posts
I am interested in pre-ordering also, will you post the pre-order info in this thread?
al1242 is offline Find More Posts by al1242
Old Apr 20, 2011, 09:26 PM
Whats the wrst that can happn?
Chicago, IL USA
Joined May 2010
2,694 Posts
I'm definitely in for a pre-order...Guardian was the reason I purchased EagleTree OSD Pro over the other gyro based OSD options.
AdamChicago is offline Find More Posts by AdamChicago
Old Apr 22, 2011, 07:02 AM
Australia, Lord Howe Island
Joined Jan 2010
1,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamChicago View Post
I'm definitely in for a pre-order...Guardian was the reason I purchased EagleTree OSD Pro over the other gyro based OSD options.
+1

I just today received the last few bits form my FPV build, all of it eagle tree apart from the UHF LR link which is dragon link. I started reading about FPV 18 months ago and have been messing around with various smaller wings from CK since then learning as I go. It was over a year ago that I read about eaglelink and after reading about all the other FPV stuff I decided to go all out eagletree. I mistakenly thought eaglelink would be released last summer so I set my sights on starting then. by Nov when nothing had materialised I ordered DL. it arrived a couple of weeks ago. Now all Im waiting for is this gyro. I hope its not another eaglelink......
jetbootz is offline Find More Posts by jetbootz
Old Apr 22, 2011, 09:19 AM
Resistance is Futile
United States, FL, Panama City Beach
Joined Oct 2001
2,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetbootz View Post
+1
I mistakenly thought eaglelink would be released last summer so I set my sights on starting then. by Nov when nothing had materialised I ordered DL. it arrived a couple of weeks ago. Now all Im waiting for is this gyro. I hope its not another eaglelink......
Whatever gave you the idea that the Eagle Link was anything but a work-in-progress? I'm fairly sure Bill has never given a release date for this or even hinted at one.

Perhaps if you have been reading a lot about FPV you might realize that many of these makers are facing the potential of having their equipment declared as not legal for use in the US when the new FAA regulations roll out the door in the next few months.

So if I were a smart equipment maker I would keep my production low and delay completion of product development until after the hammer falls so I don't wind up with lots of money invested in R&D and a stock-room full of equipment I can't sell. Just my 2 cents.

I do try to keep the legal landscape in mind when making judgements about which maker is producing what and when.

Good luck with that project and try not to be too critical of these folks providing what you can't get anywhere else,

Rob
camship is offline Find More Posts by camship
Old Apr 22, 2011, 10:10 AM
Oopss. Oh well.
In the tropics
Joined Jan 2006
3,623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by camship View Post
I'm fairly sure Bill has never given a release date for this or even hinted at one.

boopidoo
For this product - at least - he did:

Quote:
We are on track for receiving the first production run around/before early June.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 12:30 PM
Chicago, IL USA
Joined May 2010
2,694 Posts
Well even if Guardian doesn't come anytime soon there is an EagleTree link to FY20 or FY21 you can buy that will give you a gyro based AHI and stabilization. I think Guardian will be released on a timely basis because RangeVideo is coming out with one soon and FY already has one so ET is under some competitive pressure ...competition is a good thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetbootz View Post
+1

I just today received the last few bits form my FPV build, all of it eagle tree apart from the UHF LR link which is dragon link. I started reading about FPV 18 months ago and have been messing around with various smaller wings from CK since then learning as I go. It was over a year ago that I read about eaglelink and after reading about all the other FPV stuff I decided to go all out eagletree. I mistakenly thought eaglelink would be released last summer so I set my sights on starting then. by Nov when nothing had materialised I ordered DL. it arrived a couple of weeks ago. Now all Im waiting for is this gyro. I hope its not another eaglelink......
Old Apr 22, 2011, 12:37 PM
Oopss. Oh well.
In the tropics
Joined Jan 2006
3,623 Posts
Quote:
There is an EagleTree link to FY20 or FY21 you can buy that will give you a gyro based AHI and stabilization.
Could you give a link? That would be good too. Didn't know there was such a thing.

Thanks.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 12:50 PM
Chicago, IL USA
Joined May 2010
2,694 Posts
Here you go...unfortunately they're out of stock, don't know if there's another store that has them.

http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/product.p...63&page=1&js=n

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneobear View Post
Could you give a link? That would be good too. Didn't know there was such a thing.

Thanks.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 12:57 PM
Oopss. Oh well.
In the tropics
Joined Jan 2006
3,623 Posts
Quote:
Here you go...unfortunately they're out of stock, don't know if there's another store that has them.

http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/product.p...63&page=1&js=n

Oh good god. sorry. I know about that one.

Thanks anyway.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 01:02 PM
Australia, Lord Howe Island
Joined Jan 2010
1,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by camship View Post
Whatever gave you the idea that the Eagle Link was anything but a work-in-progress? I'm fairly sure Bill has never given a release date for this or even hinted at one.

Perhaps if you have been reading a lot about FPV you might realize that many of these makers are facing the potential of having their equipment declared as not legal for use in the US when the new FAA regulations roll out the door in the next few months.

So if I were a smart equipment maker I would keep my production low and delay completion of product development until after the hammer falls so I don't wind up with lots of money invested in R&D and a stock-room full of equipment I can't sell. Just my 2 cents.

I do try to keep the legal landscape in mind when making judgements about which maker is producing what and when.

Good luck with that project and try not to be too critical of these folks providing what you can't get anywhere else,

Rob
thanks for the heads up, I'm not trying to be overly critical , in fact I just dropped over 500 dollars Bills way ! He has the best gear I reckon for FPV. I just dont know much about the electrical side and seeing a plug and play all in one setup last year really got my hopes up, many others as well. I had no idea new laws are coming in the USA soon, as I dont live there it does not bother me. I realise its a big impact on the hobby though.

As others have stated, competition is a good thing, as other manufacturers start bringing out more competing products the market will decide who wins. I just like the OSD pro so much I hope its eagletree. Like all things now though asia is going to start producing more and more stuff so legality in the USA matters less and less if we that dont live there can source gear elsewhere. must be a real bummer for you guys though. Honestly though, who here actually abides by all the laws ALREADY in place.... ???? I I bet very few. so if we fly FPV as we do, then we already break the law.

Remember though ; ITS ONLY A CRIME IF THEY CATCH YOU !
jetbootz is offline Find More Posts by jetbootz
Old Apr 22, 2011, 01:43 PM
Registered Loon
South Africa, WC, Knysna
Joined May 2006
1,321 Posts
have just seen this thread , almost bought a fy20 today , just had to confirm payment details , but now this ... shall i wait ? its like atleast 2 months to go :S plus all the bugs to sort out ...

i must admit i do like my eagle tree stuff , even with the complete spaghetti junction of wires

tedum tedum
Blackrat is offline Find More Posts by Blackrat