HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 03, 2011, 05:51 AM
Resistance is Futile
United States, FL, Panama City Beach
Joined Oct 2001
2,680 Posts
Well since my SY-Link disappeared in the US Mail I need something. I have a plane I took the SY-Link out of that has been sitting semi-dismantled waiting to get the SY-Link back for about 2 months. Now I can't put it back in I am going to need something to replace it with.

Rob
camship is offline Find More Posts by camship
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2011, 06:49 AM
near Stgt/Germany
Joined Feb 2003
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolly01 View Post
... I know for a fact that the Rv Gen5 is complete and will go on sale this Sunday.... .
That's nice, with every update you have to buy the complete unit for 300$ and as I understand it doesn't contain the IR stabilization sensor for additional 70$.
And IR sensors are no more state of the art. (hope this was correct English)
mr..speed is offline Find More Posts by mr..speed
Old Jun 03, 2011, 08:42 AM
United States, FL, Shalimar
Joined Jan 2009
309 Posts
Gen 5 dosen't need IR sensors, it has internal gyro stabilization...at no addtional cost, as for every update you need to by a complete unit, that is false, for software updates it's just like my ET, as for hardware upates, current owners will have to buy the upgrade top board (plug and play) to make there gen2-gen4 a gen5 ...from what I'm hearing it's around $100.00, which isn't to bad considering the what your getting. ....one software upgrade in the very near future...Can you say "gyro stabilized camera"???
If you want the full details go over to Range Video's website Fourm, ALEX will be more than happy to answer any of your questions. I'll stop bogging down the tread with non ET data.

just wish someone @ET would answer my emails,
Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr..speed View Post
That's nice, with every update you have to buy the complete unit for 300$ and as I understand it doesn't contain the IR stabilization sensor for additional 70$.
And IR sensors are no more state of the art. (hope this was correct English)
jolly01 is offline Find More Posts by jolly01
Old Jun 03, 2011, 10:08 AM
United States, CA, Rancho Palos Verdes
Joined Sep 2010
294 Posts
Rich - did you open a ticket with ET or are you pm'ing BillPa on here or otherwise? For example, I once pm'd BillPa and didn't get a response (I believe he focuses on answering questions in these thread rather than answering emails in private with information that could likely be helpful to the general public). Then I opened a ticket and voila! Very timely responses, extremely helpful and best customer service ever.

I, for one, am fully onboard the ET train. I'd love to have a stabilizer that reliably works and fits seamlessly with my ET OSD. I think that ET wants the same thing (as well as selling a few thousand of these units). Since we're all on the same page here and our interests seem aligned, I'm happy to wait until they are satisfied that the Guardian meets the ET standards and is ready for sale.

The last thing I want is to put this thing in my FPV plane that I built with my own blood, sweat and tears (literally) and have it be unreliable, or worse.
Infernal Bill is offline Find More Posts by Infernal Bill
Old Jun 03, 2011, 11:00 AM
Whats the wrst that can happn?
Chicago, IL USA
Joined May 2010
2,657 Posts
It's not a questions of patience or expecting the best quality, it's a question of communication and trust. Bill said it would be ready in May initially, then that was changed to "it's supposed to be ready in June" (with an emphasis on "supposed", so we'll see. If it takes longer than the communicated timeline to test, that's fine BUT as paid customers we're OWED an explaination, otherwise it should be delivered on the promised dates.

While for most us FPV is just an expensive hobby, for a few it's a means to living (pro-aerial videographers) and for all of us, it means planning weekends, outings, cash around having this equipment so it's not fair that the ET strings us along...trust me, RangeVideo did the same thing since November...ugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal Bill View Post
Rich - did you open a ticket with ET or are you pm'ing BillPa on here or otherwise? For example, I once pm'd BillPa and didn't get a response (I believe he focuses on answering questions in these thread rather than answering emails in private with information that could likely be helpful to the general public). Then I opened a ticket and voila! Very timely responses, extremely helpful and best customer service ever.

I, for one, am fully onboard the ET train. I'd love to have a stabilizer that reliably works and fits seamlessly with my ET OSD. I think that ET wants the same thing (as well as selling a few thousand of these units). Since we're all on the same page here and our interests seem aligned, I'm happy to wait until they are satisfied that the Guardian meets the ET standards and is ready for sale.

The last thing I want is to put this thing in my FPV plane that I built with my own blood, sweat and tears (literally) and have it be unreliable, or worse.
AdamChicago is offline Find More Posts by AdamChicago
Old Jun 03, 2011, 11:02 AM
Flying like an Angel.
Austria
Joined Sep 2007
1,488 Posts
Could we stop talking about the RVOSD here in the ET thread.

And about the guardian.
You know, today the Duke Nukem Forever Demo was released!

So, its done when its done.
BlueAngel2000 is offline Find More Posts by BlueAngel2000
Old Jun 03, 2011, 02:12 PM
KJ4YYJ
Saint Petersburg FL
Joined Jun 2009
733 Posts
ET, Please take the time needed to do It right.

THANK YOU
EugeneFlorida is offline Find More Posts by EugeneFlorida
Old Jun 03, 2011, 06:28 PM
Joined Jan 2009
309 Posts
Finally got an answer, my Logger was inop, why ?? ET Replaced it and tested the whole system, they say all is well now. Have a tracking number.

Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamChicago View Post
It's not a questions of patience or expecting the best quality, it's a question of communication and trust. Bill said it would be ready in May initially, then that was changed to "it's supposed to be ready in June" (with an emphasis on "supposed", so we'll see. If it takes longer than the communicated timeline to test, that's fine BUT as paid customers we're OWED an explaination, otherwise it should be delivered on the promised dates.

While for most us FPV is just an expensive hobby, for a few it's a means to living (pro-aerial videographers) and for all of us, it means planning weekends, outings, cash around having this equipment so it's not fair that the ET strings us along...trust me, RangeVideo did the same thing since November...ugh!
Old Jun 03, 2011, 07:51 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Thanks for all the interest in this product. It's greatly appreciated, and we're really excited about it here also!

We are in production now, and still striving for a June release (and that's been the only projection I've made, I believe). But, it won't ship a day before it's ready! We will get that buy button up before it ships.

Whenever I even hint at dates it gets me into such trouble - I can't seem to learn this lesson! Will keep y'all posted on any changes, to the best of my ability to prognosticate.

Mr. Speed,
Quote:
Bill forgot to mention the year
Shh!!

jolly01, sorry if you didn't hear back from us via email. Definitely the best way to contact us is either by posting on our forum/threads, or opening a web ticket, due to all the levels of spam filters out there. Things also were running slow due to last week's holiday. Glad to hear your replacement gear is on the way.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 03, 2011, 08:06 PM
Joined Jan 2009
309 Posts
Bill,

It's all taken care now. Fixed her at no cost to me, I'm a very happy camper.

Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
Thanks for all the interest in this product. It's greatly appreciated, and we're really excited about it here also!

We are in production now, and still striving for a June release (and that's been the only projection I've made, I believe). But, it won't ship a day before it's ready! We will get that buy button up before it ships.

Whenever I even hint at dates it gets me into such trouble - I can't seem to learn this lesson! Will keep y'all posted on any changes, to the best of my ability to prognosticate.

Mr. Speed, Shh!!

jolly01, sorry if you didn't hear back from us via email. Definitely the best way to contact us is either by posting on our forum/threads, or opening a web ticket, due to all the levels of spam filters out there. Things also were running slow due to last week's holiday. Glad to hear your replacement gear is on the way.
Old Jun 04, 2011, 08:03 PM
Darwin
Joined Aug 2002
731 Posts
I'll have one as well when it comes out,all my ET gear still in box under table.

Cheer's Croc
CrocEnd is online now Find More Posts by CrocEnd
Old Jun 06, 2011, 10:30 AM
Chicago, IL USA
Joined May 2010
2,657 Posts
This is why I need gyro stabilization sooner rather than later ...full recovery BTW by some miracle

http://www.vimeo.com/24755130
Last edited by AdamChicago; Jun 07, 2011 at 08:20 AM.
Old Jun 06, 2011, 11:11 AM
France
Joined May 2010
537 Posts
Quote:
This is why I need gyro stabilization sooner rather than later ...full recovery BTW by some miracle

http://www.vimeo.com/24706420
Wow !! What happened exactly ? RC link failure and RTH ?
Alcyon13 is offline Find More Posts by Alcyon13
Old Jun 06, 2011, 11:39 AM
Chicago, IL USA
Joined May 2010
2,657 Posts
Yep...lost the RC link and the fricken RVOSD RTH didn't hold...while I set the failsafes a week ago, the RTH had never been tested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcyon13 View Post
Wow !! What happened exactly ? RC link failure and RTH ?
Old Jun 06, 2011, 11:42 AM
Long Range FPV'er
Joined Feb 2009
573 Posts
Quote:
Yep...lost the RC link and the fricken RTH didn't hold...for various reasons.
What RC link are you using? Hope it isn't Dragon Link..
Was it ET RTH that failed??
Mykro is offline Find More Posts by Mykro
RCG Plus Member