SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:31 PM
United States, TX, El Paso
Joined Apr 2012
527 Posts
I have the following situation.

Gaurdian Expander is flashing yellow very fast and im not getting Artificial Horizon on my OSD display. The manual says the following:

Issue: Guardian does not seem to be working correctly and the Guardian’s status LED IS flashing rapidly.
Solution: Make sure you have updated the OSD Pro, eLogger and Guardian firmware as described above.

When I go to Firmware Control I see that I have the correct Firmware Control for the Gaurdian Expander.
I have update all firmware

if I do the following here is what I get.

I have tried connecting the Gaurdian Expander into the OSD and the V4 Elogger. I can still see it in the Firmware Control, but I get the fast yellow blinking led on the Gaurdian and NO Artificial Horizon.

Solutions are update firmware and check connection ( all seem right )

Please any suggestions would be great.
Jeffem62 is offline Find More Posts by Jeffem62
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:59 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,411 Posts
Hi Jeff,

I would suggest that you open a support ticket here.

I have a suspicion that you will have to send it back for repair,

but they can further assist you in the matter.

-Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffem62 View Post
I have the following situation.

Gaurdian Expander is flashing yellow very fast and im not getting Artificial Horizon on my OSD display. The manual says the following:

Issue: Guardian does not seem to be working correctly and the Guardian’s status LED IS flashing rapidly.
Solution: Make sure you have updated the OSD Pro, eLogger and Guardian firmware as described above.

When I go to Firmware Control I see that I have the correct Firmware Control for the Gaurdian Expander.
I have update all firmware

if I do the following here is what I get.

I have tried connecting the Gaurdian Expander into the OSD and the V4 Elogger. I can still see it in the Firmware Control, but I get the fast yellow blinking led on the Gaurdian and NO Artificial Horizon.

Solutions are update firmware and check connection ( all seem right )

Please any suggestions would be great.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Feb 18, 2013, 05:21 PM
Assault the sky
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Aug 2004
153 Posts
hi Billpa, I posted a thread in the EagleTree section over at FPVlab about this. The stand-alone 2D/3D Stabilizer has a function that allows for stabilization WITHOUT return to level (this is "3D mode"). The Guardian EXPANDER for the OSD-Pro does not appear to have this feature. Can you please add it? I want my flying-wing to stay in whatever pitch/roll orientation it was in when I let go of the sticks, instead of returning to level flight.

Here is the link to the thread there:

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....o-level-flight
secretspy711 is offline Find More Posts by secretspy711
Old Apr 07, 2013, 09:46 PM
Joined Oct 2011
56 Posts
Flight Data Recorder and Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
captward, thanks so much for the kind words, and for taking the time to provide that feedback - really good points. We're kicking some ideas around here on how we can make this happen, but nothing in stone at this writing.

AeroM'ck'y, to make sure I understand, is the AHI correctly tracking the horizon when RTH is activated, or is there in accuracy?

joel0407, sorry to hear about that! I hope someone finds it and returns it to you!

aaron, could you post your Guardian settings? I'd like to see those. If you have a clip of the flight showing the settings on the screen, and also the AHI behavior during bank, that would be ideal. It may be something that can be tuned. Also, are you using a knob to adjust overall gain in the air? That can be very beneficial to tuning.

zkilzz, after selecting elevon mode, have you run the servo analysis wizard, either on a PC or with the stick menus? And, have you turned off mixing in your radio? Finally, have you restarted the OSD after setting up?
Hi Bill:

Its been quite a while since I have been up on here. During the last couple of months I finally got all of my Eagle Tree components connected and they appear to be working correctly, with the exception of my antenna tracking which I believe I did not calibrated correctly (a whole new subject matter). Anyways, the reason for this post is to find out whether there are any plans of working on getting the Guardian Expander to work with the Flight Data Recorder. I have a new build on the horizon and could great really use the same setup I have with my large Cessna if Guardian Stabilization can be incorporated or made to work with the Flight Data Recorder.
captward is offline Find More Posts by captward
Old May 08, 2013, 11:10 AM
Joined Mar 2013
350 Posts
Hi everyone

I need a bet of helpher i have installed the gardian S. on the Osd side, and i learned that from youtube video and it seemed to work for him and that is why i just copied what he was doing, But when i read the Pdf. File of Gardian it says that it should be installed, to the ldc/osd or lcd/tx of the elogger port.

but it seems that it works. What are benefit or mines doing that?
and is there anyone whou would be kind enough to send a picture of your setup, and the other thing that i want to ask you good people is that my Microphone makes alot of unwanted noise!!? What shall i do with all that noise?

Thank you very much for your help.
FriFlyers is offline Find More Posts by FriFlyers
Old May 26, 2013, 03:38 AM
Joined Mar 2004
175 Posts
Hi,

Is there a reason why the guardian expander is not compatible with the recorder?
shadowless is offline Find More Posts by shadowless
Old May 27, 2013, 11:38 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowless View Post
Hi,

Is there a reason why the guardian expander is not compatible with the recorder?
I don't recall ever seeing that message.
Old May 28, 2013, 12:12 AM
Joined Mar 2004
175 Posts
go check. it is on the web
shadowless is offline Find More Posts by shadowless
Old May 28, 2013, 12:54 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowless View Post
go check. it is on the web
Ok,

I see what you are talking about.

The recorder is not configured to handle the capabilities that the elogger can handle.

That is the simple answer.

For using the guardian, you need the elogger and osd. and I would recommend the GSP module as well, so you can have a fully functional RTH.
Old May 28, 2013, 12:55 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,411 Posts
However,

If you just want stabilization, and you insist on using the recorder, then there is the option of using the guardian 2d/3d. It is a first class "stand alone stabilizer".
Old Jul 17, 2013, 09:44 AM
Joined Dec 2010
456 Posts
-deleted
Thermal Hobby is offline Find More Posts by Thermal Hobby
Old Jul 17, 2013, 10:07 AM
Austria, Vienna
Joined Feb 2013
6 Posts
Guardian Stabilization Module for OSD Pro -> only for AHI?

Hi,

i have ordered eagletree OSD (its on my way from china) but i now realize that AHI is only possible with guardian expander.
I have a hexacopter with Naza so i don't need any level or RTH features, Naza works great out of the box. The only thing i wanna have additional is artificial horizon indicator. Don't know if it worth € 48,- for AHI only but it would be very nice to have :-)

so my question is, can in only use the AHI from guardian?
My idea is just don't use the plugs for servo (throttle, aileron,...) with guardian, i keep them connected to naza as it is now. I just connect guardian to OSD Pro to have AHI visible -> would this work this way?

My MX-16 has no channel free, so i definitly don't want to disable level orientation or so from remote. I want to have it disabled complete or not working cause nothing is connected to it. Would this work, or do i end up in strange "error no servo connected" messages or so?
Just want to be on save side....
Thanks for info

Kr
Daniel
MasterFuba is offline Find More Posts by MasterFuba
Old Jul 17, 2013, 11:46 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterFuba View Post
Hi,

i have ordered eagletree OSD (its on my way from china) but i now realize that AHI is only possible with guardian expander.
I have a hexacopter with Naza so i don't need any level or RTH features, Naza works great out of the box. The only thing i wanna have additional is artificial horizon indicator. Don't know if it worth € 48,- for AHI only but it would be very nice to have :-)

so my question is, can in only use the AHI from guardian?
My idea is just don't use the plugs for servo (throttle, aileron,...) with guardian, i keep them connected to naza as it is now. I just connect guardian to OSD Pro to have AHI visible -> would this work this way?

My MX-16 has no channel free, so i definitly don't want to disable level orientation or so from remote. I want to have it disabled complete or not working cause nothing is connected to it. Would this work, or do i end up in strange "error no servo connected" messages or so?
Just want to be on save side....
Thanks for info

Kr
Daniel
Hi D.

you can use the osd for On Screen Display
without using stabilisation or rth ....

for startup the osd "needs" a servo-signal on "AUX1"... you can cheat the osd if you connect a servo-tester if you have no channels free on your tx. or you use a receiver for more channels and connect one of the unsupported channels to the osd. in your case a 12-channel graupner receiver connected to a mx16 gives "neutral -impulse" on the upper 4 channels.

cu Thomas
Thint1 is online now Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Jul 17, 2013, 12:32 PM
Austria, Vienna
Joined Feb 2013
6 Posts
Hi Thomas,

thanks for info - if i understand you right then this is indeed needed for OSD Pro itself, neverless i use guardian or not. Then i have to make my thoughts how to get voltage into OSD. I think i will use a servo splitter without datalead just to give OSD Pro what it wants - additional voltage via RX.
Then i am seeing forowrd for my OSD - i just ordered guardian to have my wanted AHI.

Kind regards
Daniel
MasterFuba is offline Find More Posts by MasterFuba
Old Jul 17, 2013, 02:47 PM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterFuba View Post
Hi Thomas,

thanks for info - if i understand you right then this is indeed needed for OSD Pro itself, neverless i use guardian or not. Then i have to make my thoughts how to get voltage into OSD. I think i will use a servo splitter without datalead just to give OSD Pro what it wants - additional voltage via RX.
Then i am seeing forowrd for my OSD - i just ordered guardian to have my wanted AHI.

Kind regards
Daniel
Hi Daniel,

just to be sure ... you need the e-logger also.
without the elogger´s usb it´s impossible to configurate the osd from the pc and the osd doesn´t boot without the logger .... i tested this some minutes ago on my plane.

cu Thomas
Thint1 is online now Find More Posts by Thint1