HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 07, 2011, 04:58 PM
Joined Sep 2011
256 Posts
When i set elevon on Choose model wing type my servos suddenly tries to go to 120% movment and it gets no reaction from the radio. Anyone knows what causing that problem?
zkilzz is offline Find More Posts by zkilzz
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2011, 10:07 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,920 Posts
captward, thanks so much for the kind words, and for taking the time to provide that feedback - really good points. We're kicking some ideas around here on how we can make this happen, but nothing in stone at this writing.

AeroM'ck'y, to make sure I understand, is the AHI correctly tracking the horizon when RTH is activated, or is there in accuracy?

joel0407, sorry to hear about that! I hope someone finds it and returns it to you!

aaron, could you post your Guardian settings? I'd like to see those. If you have a clip of the flight showing the settings on the screen, and also the AHI behavior during bank, that would be ideal. It may be something that can be tuned. Also, are you using a knob to adjust overall gain in the air? That can be very beneficial to tuning.

zkilzz, after selecting elevon mode, have you run the servo analysis wizard, either on a PC or with the stick menus? And, have you turned off mixing in your radio? Finally, have you restarted the OSD after setting up?
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 07, 2011, 10:18 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,355 Posts
Bill,

You just answered my question in that message that I sent you earlier.

I should have run the servo analysis wizzard.

"duh"...
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Dec 08, 2011, 03:28 AM
Registered Loon
Jeffreys Bay South Africa
Joined May 2006
1,298 Posts
just a quick question ...

before i take off my elevons arnt level , is this 'normal' ? before i installed the guardian i would have maybe a millimeter of reflex , but now i have one side at three or four millimeters and the other at nothing ?
Blackrat is online now Find More Posts by Blackrat
Old Dec 08, 2011, 04:59 AM
Joined Sep 2011
256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post

zkilzz, after selecting elevon mode, have you run the servo analysis wizard, either on a PC or with the stick menus? And, have you turned off mixing in your radio? Finally, have you restarted the OSD after setting up?
I made i video. Its easier than explaining I have tried the wizard on pc and stick menus.

Ee problem (3 min 19 sec)
Old Dec 08, 2011, 05:30 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,036 Posts
Hi zkilzz,

You must HOLD the elevator and Aileron sticks each to their extremes in turn when asked until the counter counts down to zero and release the stick when the wizards asks you to do the next step.

Your control surfaces are not moving because the OSD has correctly detected no travel when you ran the servo analysis wizard.

Also don't forget to mount your Guardian firmly to the fuselage with double sided tape or hot glue before flying.

cheers
Geoff
garris2 is offline Find More Posts by garris2
Old Dec 08, 2011, 05:32 AM
Joined Sep 2011
256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garris2 View Post
Hi zkilzz,

You must HOLD the elevator and Aileron sticks each to their extremes in turn when asked until the counter counts down to zero and release the stick when the wizards asks you to do the next step.

Your control surfaces are not moving because the OSD has correctly detected no travel when you ran the servo analysis wizard.

Also don't forget to mount your Guardian firmly to the fuselage with double sided tape or hot glue before flying.

cheers
Geoff
That helped. But i ran into a new problem

8. desember 2011 12.26 (0 min 19 sec)
Old Dec 08, 2011, 09:58 AM
Canberra, Australia
Joined Oct 2010
540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
joel0407, sorry to hear about that! I hope someone finds it and returns it to you!
Thanks Bill.

I think you'll have another order coming your way soon.
joel0407 is offline Find More Posts by joel0407
Old Dec 08, 2011, 04:53 PM
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Feb 2004
9,090 Posts
Bill- I've got a couple flights in with the Guardian now. I have it set with center stick and HH off. Straight and level it does a great job, but when I turn I've noticed that the sensor seems to get confused with the G forces during the turn so when i release the stick, it doesn't go to straight and level, but a turn. The sharper I make the turn the more severe the effect. With the Stab off, I see the same effect in the AHI. Any thoughts here?? I'll post a video of what I'm talking about.
ashdec87 is offline Find More Posts by ashdec87
Old Dec 08, 2011, 08:03 PM
San Francisco
Joined May 2009
1,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkilzz View Post
That helped. But i ran into a new problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP2w2TAutT0
Try disabling stabilization then run the servo wizard, then reactivate it and see if that helps.
rsowder is offline Find More Posts by rsowder
Old Dec 08, 2011, 08:04 PM
Joined Nov 2011
7 Posts
Finaly I got it!!!
This guardian is GREAT!!!
Still flying in visual distance.
Check this out:
F1 Hydro 150 scaled up flying FPV (6 min 3 sec)

Jump over the first 40 sec ...
It was pretty windy!! I let the stcks go and ... wow ...
Next step is to set up RTH!
BTW this one is a scaled up F1 Hydro, it lunches beautiful from the water.
chc2111 is offline Find More Posts by chc2111
Old Dec 08, 2011, 11:51 PM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,570 Posts
Haha, that's cool! FPV on a hydro, very nice!

Got some pics of the setup?
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports
Old Dec 09, 2011, 11:13 AM
Joined Sep 2011
256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsowder View Post
Try disabling stabilization then run the servo wizard, then reactivate it and see if that helps.
Once i put on stabilization it doesnt work. No reaction. If i do wizard with guardian on i get some micro movement.

I use T 9X with Dragonlink.

Please help Billpa
Old Dec 09, 2011, 02:42 PM
United States, CA, Redlands
Joined Dec 2009
90 Posts
M_beeson,

Are you running the rudder or the ailerons thru the osd with the guardian?

Darrick
fordarrick is offline Find More Posts by fordarrick
Old Dec 09, 2011, 03:42 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordarrick View Post
M_beeson,

Are you running the rudder or the ailerons thru the osd with the guardian?

Darrick
I'm running ailerons.

I just converted the skywalker to the fpv168 wings and stalled it on takeoff, so I'll likely be going to a delta wing configuration next (flapperons).

-Mike
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson