SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 08, 2011, 12:19 PM
swanton, vermont
Joined Apr 2005
244 Posts
Time out for snow!

Well here in VT. we got 24 - 26 inches of snow yesterday, so it will be a while yet before I try any slope. I have the wing done & fuz coming along. Plenty of extras in the parts box to equip it with.
Wait a minute! I think the snow bank at the end of my driveway might work.
chucker is offline Find More Posts by chucker
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2011, 12:36 PM
Joined Nov 2010
71 Posts
I am working on getting some pictures. To bungee launcher her just add a hook out of wire on the bottom at about the crease. will try to get some picts tody when I take her out.
Foam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWCLOUD View Post
Pictures?? More info??
Foam crasher is offline Find More Posts by Foam crasher
Old Mar 08, 2011, 02:07 PM
Joined Nov 2010
71 Posts
hi So today I took her out and flew it a little and got a little video here she is.
Foam

Slope glider out of dollar tree foam (0 min 28 sec)

My homemade Rc slope glider (0 min 19 sec)
Foam crasher is offline Find More Posts by Foam crasher
Old Mar 08, 2011, 03:12 PM
EPP Extrordinare
United States, CA, San Clemente
Joined Feb 2008
3,327 Posts
It looks like it's not a very efficent glider, but I think you'll need to get it out on a slope and see how it does in lift. Looking forward to more video...
Mr. Combat Certain is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Combat Certain
Old Mar 09, 2011, 01:53 AM
Fresno CA
Joined Jul 2006
1,745 Posts
Sweet! Not bad for a glider that costs less than $ 5 and less than 2 hours to build.

It may not fly like a glass slipper, but you built it yourself and that's more than most can say about glass slippers!

Blue Skies..................Tim
RWCLOUD is offline Find More Posts by RWCLOUD
Old Mar 09, 2011, 04:46 AM
Scratch building addict
United States, CA, Felton
Joined Jan 2005
661 Posts
My next sloper will most definitely be at least partly "scratch" built. But I'm thinking I gotta at least try to get out the hot wire bow and carve an efficient airfoil. Having an efficient plane makes sloping so much easier. Also EPP wings might be required for me...slope sites can be brutal.

I do have some nice 36 inch cores made to a "high lift" airfoil (I forgot the name), which may not be great for sloping but I may make them into motorized "sorta" sloper.

But I really want to try a smoothly swept back elliptical wing design for sloping due to the many advantages. So many planes so little time.

Nice simple design good job.
rotagen is offline Find More Posts by rotagen
Old Mar 09, 2011, 05:22 PM
Ask me about VTPR
America
Joined Aug 2002
2,223 Posts
I like your econo-fun approach. Im contemplating an 80" superlight acro bird. Put more span on the next one. Span is everything.

E...
oldscooler is offline Find More Posts by oldscooler
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:20 PM
cheapskate extroardinairé
United States, CA, Marin
Joined Jul 2011
1,086 Posts
know this is an old thread, and probably pointless to post on at this point, but here's mine: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1725815
baconflyer is offline Find More Posts by baconflyer
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:37 AM
cheapskate extroardinairé
United States, CA, Marin
Joined Jul 2011
1,086 Posts
a while ago I built a 90" v-tail sloper, using a semi-symmetrical "armin" style wing and a square tube fuse. I flew it a bit with a motor but it was more fun as a pure sloper. (just as a matter of interest, I built it with flaps as well as ailerons, so I programmed in reflex, camber, and crow just for kicks. it was pretty good at aerobatics too!
baconflyer is offline Find More Posts by baconflyer
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:49 AM
Fallin with Style (slopeing)
United States, CA, Covina
Joined Aug 2011
134 Posts
I built a slope glider out of dollar tree foam and It flew pretty well. I used alot of the techniques and information from ExperimentalAirs how to videos in the scratch build foamie section http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1587275

Donny
Donny Harwood1 is offline Find More Posts by Donny Harwood1
Old Feb 26, 2013, 01:54 AM
Feeling FrSky
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Feb 2003
20,091 Posts
Holy cow, I missed this thread entirely before... cool stuff in here

Steve
surfimp is offline Find More Posts by surfimp
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:19 PM
Slopeosapien
Joined Jun 2006
794 Posts
Hahaha too busy surfing again Steve?

I've built several of the "Spaggy" flying wings (they were originally designed for a coroplast build) out of Fanfold... Cut a couple of ribs, glue in a spar, crease the leading edge, and fold it over. Thin out the trailing edge with a sanding bar and glue it up. I leave the plastic skin on the Fanfold so no real need for lam film or tape. It's certainly not as good or efficient as say, a Zupair Z1, or even a real Zagi, but you could build approximately 75 of the spaggy's for the same price as a Z1... That's gotta be a lifetime supply of disposable combat wings!

Mike
jonesymj is offline Find More Posts by jonesymj
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:39 AM
I don't like your altitude
Joined Sep 2011
3,353 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...58491&page=151 #2252

Couple of planks............
Stupot46 is offline Find More Posts by Stupot46