HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 05, 2011, 10:14 AM
Throttle Bender
Joined Jun 2008
1,239 Posts
2 coats of Testors flat black rattle can enamel. I don't have a scale sensitive enough to pick up the difference.
merlinfan is offline Find More Posts by merlinfan
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2011, 12:08 PM
The trees are my hangar
United States, NY, Queens County
Joined Dec 2010
343 Posts
A guy named edge_pilot gave his hbz champ flaps. You can send him a pm he is one of the best here.
omer921 is offline Find More Posts by omer921
Old Mar 05, 2011, 12:42 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by omer921 View Post
A guy named edge_pilot gave his hbz champ flaps. You can send him a pm he is one of the best here.
I did flaps on a Champ wing, but this is much tougher. The inboard section is really small and Parkzone made the ailerons larger than scale, so they eat up what would be some of the outboard section of flaps.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Mar 05, 2011, 01:01 PM
The trees are my hangar
United States, NY, Queens County
Joined Dec 2010
343 Posts
It is very unclear what you did there... But it looks cool, do you care showing the finished product ?
omer921 is offline Find More Posts by omer921
Old Mar 05, 2011, 01:07 PM
Joined Aug 2010
297 Posts
I have question, not for modding Mossie, but charger.
It is worthless for me (because I have own) and I want use it with mossie battery. But I have no connector for it. Will I be able to cut off the wires and connect them to bannana plugs and right into the my charger? Will it work?
awacsCZE is offline Find More Posts by awacsCZE
Old Mar 05, 2011, 01:29 PM
Canada, ON, Oakville
Joined May 2008
1,947 Posts
Sure it will, assuming you have a charger that words for 1s lipos.
Toppers is offline Find More Posts by Toppers
Old Mar 05, 2011, 01:29 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by awacsCZE View Post
It is worthless for me (because I have own) and I want use it with mossie battery. But I have no connector for it. Will I be able to cut off the wires and connect them to bannana plugs and right into the my charger? Will it work?
Assuming that your charger can be set for a 1s Lipo 700 mA charge rate or lower, it will work fine.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 05, 2011, 01:32 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,533 Posts
All,

I just posted some weight & static RPM data on the main thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1520

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 05, 2011, 02:21 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by awacsCZE View Post
The charger that comes with it is pretty decent. It has adjustable rates up to .7 amp Why not use it?

Or if your charger has any way of charging single cell batteries for the e-flight, parkzone planes, it will work without adapter. The connection is the same as all the other micro single cell planes.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Mar 05, 2011, 02:46 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by omer921 View Post
It is very unclear what you did there... But it looks cool, do you care showing the finished product ?
Here is a Sketch of the flap mechanism. The photos are a littly busy because the Ailerons and Flaps on the Champ share a common hinge line and it uses a single aileron servo, so the aileron mechanism may be confusing you.

The Mosquito does not have this problem.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Mar 05, 2011, 03:08 PM
Joined Aug 2010
297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
The charger that comes with it is pretty decent. It has adjustable rates up to .7 amp Why not use it?
Yes, it is good, but when I want to charge at home, it wonīt help me. Adapter is pretty expensive here (like 30 USD) and if I wonīt use it, it is nonsense to buy adapter, when I have another charger and tweak will be easy.
EDIT: I read the manual right now, and it say, that stock battery charges at 0.7A - so it means, taht it can handle 3C charge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
Or if your charger has any way of charging single cell batteries for the e-flight, parkzone planes, it will work without adapter. The connection is the same as all the other micro single cell planes.
To be honest, I donīt know, what you think. I haves this to charge( http://rcm-pelikan.cz/b2b/products/2RCA0025/b_5.jpg ) and it has 1 cell charging, but I donīt have any connector to charge by it. I know there is connectors on hobbyking, but they arenīt at stock for long time.
awacsCZE is offline Find More Posts by awacsCZE
Last edited by awacsCZE; Mar 05, 2011 at 03:32 PM.
Old Mar 05, 2011, 04:27 PM
Electric or Bust!
Mooresville, NC
Joined Mar 2008
1,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwellmark View Post

Next up was the box..... I know it's not that big a deal, but the weather has me stuck inside so I thought what the heck...Pictures are self explanitory. Not to tough. I'm happy with the out come but I think I would have done the side cut a little different. Instead of the diagnal from the front I should have kept it straight, stopping short of the back and then angle up to the hinged joint. Oh well, it works..
Thanks for posting your box mod. The box didn't bother me, but it was raining and windy today. I cut the box strait like you wish you had done. I don't know if there is a benifit cutting it that way or not. I spent 45 minutes doing the mod because I used packing tape on all of the edges where I cut the box. I had a spare handle from a MSR box that I used on it.
skyjet is offline Find More Posts by skyjet
Old Mar 05, 2011, 10:14 PM
Park Stormer
United States, NJ, Brooklawn
Joined Jul 2008
823 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinfan View Post
2 coats of Testors flat black rattle can enamel. I don't have a scale sensitive enough to pick up the difference.
I thought the regular stuff ate at the foam?
AggressorBLUE is offline Find More Posts by AggressorBLUE
Old Mar 05, 2011, 10:21 PM
United States, CA, Mountain View
Joined Sep 2010
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwellmark View Post
Next up was the box..... I know it's not that big a deal, but the weather has me stuck inside so I thought what the heck...Pictures are self explanitory. Not to tough. I'm happy with the out come but I think I would have done the side cut a little different. Instead of the diagnal from the front I should have kept it straight, stopping short of the back and then angle up to the hinged joint. Oh well, it works..
Your box mod is a simple, obvious and fantastic idea. I've been sliding the styrofoam block in and out of my Ember 2 box for weeks and each time I did it I was wishing it was like my flip top Sukhoi SU-26xp box. I used your hindsight to my advantage and made the cut straight at about 1.5" all around, except at the hinge point where I used a 45 degree angle to meet it. I sure makes the Ember 2 easy to get out and put away. I taped down a number of the stray left over cardboard flaps to make everything a little smoother.

Anyway, great little "mod" and thanks!
fryfrog is offline Find More Posts by fryfrog
Old Mar 06, 2011, 04:57 AM
Joined Jan 2011
39 Posts
Just got a mosquito -- before I fly it, any tips on modifications to make it less breakable? Someone in the other thread put tape on the wing / stab / fin tips, and I was thinking of putting some fiberglass tape under the wings. Any other thoughts?
mmoncur is offline Find More Posts by mmoncur