HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 07, 2012, 04:54 AM
Joined May 2012
11 Posts
Hi all,
there are more problems with converter! At first, tried to connect usb serial adapter to get console. After reading manual made all steps with Putty, but connection failed. Tried AfroFlash to reload firmware - COM5 opens, 'unrecognized device' message appears. Mentioned about cross connecting with serial devices, changed wires - "bootloader OK", "bootloader RAM.. failed" and "wrong chip version detected, update this program". Last message appears when download ST UART library fixed by Timecop.... Some time ago read in Russia multicopter forums about such unpredictable surprises, so... what can be wrong yet?
XChanger is offline Find More Posts by XChanger
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 02:25 PM
Joined May 2012
11 Posts
Problems solved...

It seems Tokyo Drift converter more likes 3,3V than 5V... After changing level in USB COM adapter converter console was accessed. My problems were solved with some start and end pulses tuning. But AfroFlash is shouting the same requrement about wrong chip version and program updating with newer version. Just so you know
XChanger is offline Find More Posts by XChanger
Old Oct 30, 2012, 02:58 PM
israel
Joined Jun 2003
872 Posts
Naza esc

Anyone have experience using Naza 30A ESC ?
Thanks
moti is offline Find More Posts by moti
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:20 AM
Joined Jun 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonk View Post
Hmm, sorry, I don't have any larger motors that I've tested. They all tend to be expensive and I'd rather be crashing less expensive things. People have sent me a few motors turnout to be problematic, but these have drive timing issues, not heating issues. You can buy the F-40A from HobbyKing, but it will still need ISP flashing.

Hi Simon,

i just try the HK 40 amp ESCs with my wookong and they work amazing,....they dont get hot and the hexa responds incredible....

i think wookong loves your firmware!!

thanks a lot for all your help!!
danielgarate77 is offline Find More Posts by danielgarate77
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:27 AM
Joined Jun 2012
13 Posts
Hi timecop

i just try the HK 40 amp ESCs with my wookong and they work amazing,....they dont get hot and the hexa responds incredible....

i think wookong loves it..

thanks a lot for all your help!!
danielgarate77 is offline Find More Posts by danielgarate77
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:35 AM
israel
Joined Jun 2003
872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moti View Post
Anyone have experience using Naza 30A ESC ?
Thanks
Anyone?
Edit: I just now checked the converter on my Mk hexa naza 30A esc,sunnysky motor 2814-11 700Kv 4S 5000 lipo.
I found that the throttle start to respond after 25% range and after it is very sensitive, all 6 motor start in same time.
I make throttle calibration but no change.
Any advise

Moti
moti is offline Find More Posts by moti
Last edited by moti; Nov 04, 2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:27 AM
Joined Apr 2011
8 Posts
What about collecting some pidsets for mk and afroi2c multirotors? I am working on my pids as my hexa xl with afroi2c and original pids was almost unflyable (too nervous and reactive) and having some references could be really helpful.
I fly a hexa xl with afroi2c, f30 escs and Pulso U28m.
Main and most efficient (to this matter) changes from standard pids are:
motor smooth from 0 to 3
GyroD to 6
and in altitude tab:
Zacc to 20

Don't take the am values as standard or definitive, it' still work in progress, feel free to criticate, too, but please motivate and explain, i am here to learn.
Claudio
soaringclauz is offline Find More Posts by soaringclauz
Last edited by soaringclauz; Nov 19, 2012 at 02:33 AM.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:19 PM
Ottawa
Joined Apr 2008
96 Posts
AfroCtrl + PWM converter on DJI 450

Anybody out there tried to use the PWM converter with DJI 450 ESC & stock motors?
I needed a quick fix for a trainer quad, so I went ahead and got a Flamewheel 450 that I refit with an AfroCtrl ST (such a nice board) and the PWM converter. Things went all right on the bench. Scope traces for ACCs and gyros looked good & motors started up as expected (after fixing mingas of course). But, at these things go, once the propellers were on, things started going south. The quad will either yaw rapidly left or right or/and will violently oscillate along the roll axis. Unflyable.
After this failed attempt, I went back to the bench and dug a little deeper. Things worth mentioning:
a) The vibration coming from the poorly balanced motors is out of this world. Even without the propellers, the entire frame vibrates like crazy. In fact, I rested my nail on the bell of the motors and it bounces right back.
b) At a certain throttle point, the entire frame resonates and the acc/gyros go nuts. And this in spite of my mounting the controller on foam + rubber mounts.
Since I don't feel like mucking around with these cheap motors, I will swap them for better ones. I do have a question with respect to the ESCs. I got lazy and I took a chance by going ahead and using the PWM converter with them, hoping that they would be compatible, but I don't know for a fact that they are. I was wondering if anybody had a clue. If not, I will rip the heat shrink off one of them to have a peek and will post my findings here.
Incidentally, I am overwhelmingly unimpressed with the quality of the 450 motors. They would be better used as personal massagers... In the meantime, I will use good ol' Turnigy Plush and Robbe motors. I might as well have bought the 450 frame only from HB, and fitted it with my choice of motors/ESC.
Anyhow... nuff' ranted. If anybody knows what the DJI ESC's are, I will appreciate the info.

Frederic
fcharp is offline Find More Posts by fcharp
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:56 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,531 Posts
I've been out flying my MK hexa lately, with reflashed HK newer BS 30a esc's. I was getting some wooble from time to time or with a hard stick movement and back to level. I tried tuning the PIDs but no luck. The converter comes with a default setting of 400hz. I updated it to 500hz using putty. Now no wooble at all, on default pid's. It made the difference and is worth while changing it.
Buffythesaint is offline Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Dec 19, 2012, 02:06 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Where is time cop?
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:13 PM
Joined Mar 2011
7 Posts
XChanger Yes converter have problem with auto detection . For manual set i2c adress you need use last UAVP-NG firmware (>0.66)
and welcome to uavp-ng IRC channel or forum !
mantrid is offline Find More Posts by mantrid
Old Jun 26, 2013, 11:33 AM
Logroņo Spain
Joined Jan 2010
12 Posts
Error 18

Hello,
I have try to find the answer but i could not find anything.

I have just installed one of this converter with rctimer 40A simonk ESC and MK board 2.1.

I have follow all the steps and its is flying very good with the standar settings.

BUT, After a few seconds the Mk starts to get error 18: BL mising

It is flying and flying for some more seconds and all the time with the error18.

The MX20 said, Error Bus de datos.(spanish)

I have change the I2c Converter (i get more than one) and I get the same error.

Another thing is that the motors makes some strong noise like a clap, not alwayas but quite often. The motors are the Avroto 2814

thank you
Roberto dv is offline Find More Posts by Roberto dv
Old Oct 10, 2013, 04:48 AM
Joined May 2011
24 Posts
@Timecop
@any one who can help

How do I use the Afro ESC programmer to flash AFRO ESC. I'd like to put the REVERSE firmware on a couple.

Regards

Alan
alan.powell is offline Find More Posts by alan.powell
Old Oct 15, 2013, 06:07 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,036 Posts
anyone on here interested in a full stack MK? with osd, nav gps etc etc.... 4 esc's with shunt conversion too.

Send me a PM .. yeah I know it's off topic sorry

Steve
saabguyspg is online now Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Dec 31, 2013, 04:44 AM
MHefny
Egypt, Al Qahirah, Qism El-Nozha
Joined Sep 2011
309 Posts
I am developing a FW I want to know if there is an article about I2C commands that I should send to this converter to drive motors.
MHefny is offline Find More Posts by MHefny