HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 03, 2011, 07:29 AM
a little boy's dream come true
France, Corse, Santo-Pietro-di-Tenda
Joined May 2009
3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
A few review units were sent out to people who hopefully know what they're doing, and have more different ESCs etc to try with...
I don't know if you count me in those who "know what they are doing" and sent me one to test, but you know you can count on me for saying the truth about your little piece of hardware (it doesn't need to be free btw)

I have something to compare it with since one of my machine is flying with Obor's converter (and does occasionally shut off all motors for a split second, costed me three 70€ props lately ) and as you know I'm the horrible guy who first found out his stuff was not compatible with most FC before 2.x and he had to close his thread "because" of me

Bob
bob.titus is offline Find More Posts by bob.titus
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2011, 09:21 AM
Suspended Account
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob.titus View Post
I don't know if you count me in those who "know what they are doing" and sent me one to test, but you know you can count on me for saying the truth about your little piece of hardware (it doesn't need to be free btw)

I have something to compare it with since one of my machine is flying with Obor's converter (and does occasionally shut off all motors for a split second, costed me three 70€ props lately ) and as you know I'm the horrible guy who first found out his stuff was not compatible with most FC before 2.x and he had to close his thread "because" of me

Bob
sometimes your translator says to much tho lol
Quad_Addict is offline Find More Posts by Quad_Addict
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 03, 2011, 09:30 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2011
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob.titus View Post

Well, I don't know how to say it to you, huummm humm ... but ... well ... you certainly see what I mean ....
MaskedCucumber is offline Find More Posts by MaskedCucumber
Old Mar 03, 2011, 09:36 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedCucumber View Post
Well, I don't know how to say it to you, huummm humm ... but ... well ... you certainly see what I mean ....
LOL @ MC he strikes again!
Old Mar 03, 2011, 10:04 AM
Joined May 2009
3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict View Post
LOL @ MC he strikes again!
yep, what else to expect from TMC, so predictable
I guess you've got to live with your fans wether you like it or not...
The funny part TMC, is that one day you will be flying one of my machines without knowing it's mine, he he
The big wheel keeps turning...

Cheers,
Bob
Last edited by bob.titus; Mar 03, 2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old Mar 03, 2011, 10:04 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
I have fans too
Old Mar 03, 2011, 10:29 AM
Joined May 2009
3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict View Post
I have fans too
ah bon?
Old Mar 04, 2011, 08:19 AM
USA, VA, Richmond
Joined Jan 2011
188 Posts
Drama Mama

Gentlemen, is this seriously gonna be another drama fest. If I wanted that much daytime action I would tune into Telemundo for Los Ricos Tambien Lloran (The Rich Also Cry). Timecop, you may continue with your awesomeness. I'll buy your de jittered variant as soon as the solder cools.

SirFishaLot is offline Find More Posts by SirFishaLot
Last edited by SirFishaLot; Mar 04, 2011 at 08:46 AM. Reason: cuz I can
Old Mar 04, 2011, 08:25 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
It's being worked on right now and it looks awesome. Well, I haven't enabled interrupts yet.

Quote:
Gentlemen, is this seriously gonna be another drama fest.
The only reason I'm still here.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Last edited by timecop; Mar 04, 2011 at 08:34 AM.
Old Mar 04, 2011, 09:02 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFishaLot View Post
Gentlemen, is this seriously gonna be another drama fest. If I wanted that much daytime action I would tune into Telemundo for Los Ricos Tambien Lloran (The Rich Also Cry). Timecop, you may continue with your awesomeness. I'll buy your de jittered variant as soon as the solder cools.

the last comment was over 24 hours ago and you post this now? little late to the party perhaps? pfft

specially coming from someone who has been a member fir one month and 8 posts
Old Mar 04, 2011, 03:27 PM
France
Joined Nov 2003
281 Posts
Timecop,

How do you explain so little differences below between your product introduction/description and mine ?

My post:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...13&postcount=1

Your post:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...54&postcount=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by obor View Post
This is a new protocol converter for I2C to PWM. It allows the use of standard ESC controler on original Mikrokopter Flight Control...
Quote:
This is a newer protocol converter for I2C to PWM. It allows the use of standard ESC controler on original Mikrokopter Flight Control ...
Here you just changed "new" by "newer"

Quote:
One of the major drawback of I2C currently, is in case of severe failure on one controller, you may impact all other controllers connected to the I2C bus and lost all motors. Choosing PWM is more reliable, as each controller is connected separately, it may not interfere with others and reduce a lot the risk of loosing all motors. It allow also to use well proven standard controller with a wide range of choices.
Quote:
One of the major drawback of I2C currently, is in case of severe failure on one controller, you may impact all other controllers connected to the I2C bus and lose all motors. Choosing PWM is more reliable, as each controller is connected separately, it may not interfere with others and reduce a lot the risk of losing all motors. It allow also to use well proven standard controller with a wide range of choices.
No diffs here, just a plain copy/paste

Quote:
Features:
- I2C input from Mikrokopter or similar Flight Control supporting same I2C protocol
- output PPM signal suitable to standards ESC motor controllers
- support 4 or 6 controller (8 controller version coming soon)
- smooth motor handling
- PWM frequencies available: 400 Hz (recommended), 200 Hz, 50 Hz (for standard servos)
Quote:
Features:
- I2C input from Mikrokopter or similar Flight Control supporting same I2C protocol
- output PPM signal suitable to standards ESC motor controllers
- support 4 or 6 or 8 or 3 controller
- PWM frequencies available: 400 Hz (If your ESC can't do 400Hz, throw it away).
Almost same features description copy/pasted, but you missed two

Quote:
Any ESC may not work good enough for smooth control on a multikopter. If unsure, tests to check both PWM frequency and motor reactivity.
Also, there is *no* feedback from the ESC to return current or temperature from the controllers, so information such as current consumption from the controllers will not be available anymore.
Quote:
Any ESC may not work good enough for smooth control on a multicopter. If unsure, test to check both PWM frequency and motor reactivity.
Also, there is *no* feedback from the ESC to return current or temperature from the controllers, so information such as current consumption from the controllers will not be available anymore.
no diffs, just a plain copy/paste.
obor is offline Find More Posts by obor
Old Mar 04, 2011, 05:40 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Timecop,

How do you explain so little differences below between your product introduction/description and mine ?

My post:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...13&postcount=1
Quote:
Here you just changed "new" by "newer"
It's newer. Thanks for noticing!

Quote:
No diffs here, just a plain copy/paste
I hate writing.
It does same thing.
I copied the text. Maybe I should ask someone to rewrite the 1st post if it makes you happier.

Quote:
Almost same features description copy/pasted, but you missed two
I don't like to lie, so I removed "features" which aren't possible or useful.

Quote:
no diffs, just a plain copy/paste.
I even linked to your other thread on the bottom, is that not enough credit for you?

Old Mar 04, 2011, 05:52 PM
Joined May 2009
3,366 Posts
What matters is that hardware is different and works, period.

Bob
Old Mar 04, 2011, 06:58 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Oh its interesting how MaskedCucumber gets banned and suddenly obor posts in this thread. Coincidence??
Old Mar 04, 2011, 07:51 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
oh its interesting how maskedcucumber gets banned and suddenly obor posts in this thread. Coincidence??
-