HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 10, 2011, 08:19 AM
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax View Post
It was stated back on page 3 that they expect to hit market with this in June of 2011. They also stated the plans for a US based warehouse. The plane itself will be $449.00 usd.

I think it is high time for more video and picture footage of this plane. As for panel lines, someone took the time to do all of those and they may be deep and wide at some point but that's for molding purposes. I think the plane still looks great with all the lines and it helps with scale appeal. Not everybody wants to take the time to research and paint/draw in panel lines. They have appealed to the guys that want to put a battery in it and go fly...like me. I say they need to address the exit hole for the edf to see if they can get it down to about 80% FSA and pack it up and ship it. I think the plane is beautiful as she is with the hopes that the tip tanks are optional. The tip tanks look good but I think the straight wing would look better.

Off to go research the difference between a Venom and a Vampire...other than the rudder shape.
Hope this helps a bit:

The first two seat aircraft was the NF10, with the framed canopy. The single seat Venom was being developed at the same time, and it was a simple matter to use a 2 seat pod on a Venom, and it became the NF2 - pods and radomes are the same. The Sea Venom Mk 20 also had much the same fuselage. Note that early Sea Venoms did not have ejection seats.

The Vampire T11 pod is a completely different design, to allow side by side seating; the NF10 had staggered seating, as did the NF2 and FAW20. The framed canopy on the early ones is NOT the same as the NF10.

The Venom NF3 and Sea Venom 21/2 pod is also a new design, although essentially similar to the NF2/FAW20. The pods have a redesigned nose, to allow a hinged radome, and redesigned canopies, which, in the case of the Sea Venom allow fitment of ejection seats (Lightweight Mk 4) Note that the seats in the later Vampire T11 are Mk 3B and are much bigger - the pod is much wider!

The undercarriage on the later Sea Venom is considerably strengthened - and different from anything else. For the others, the nose leg was the same across the range. Vampires NF10 and T11 had the same legs, but wheels could differ depending on the brakes, so check references. Venom NF2 had early Venom legs and wheels, with pneumatic brakes. NF3 had a later hydraulic disc brake (same as the Swiss Venom)

Cowlings - Vampires were the same across the board as the FB5/9 No changes. On the Venom, the NF2 and FAW20 used the same cowls as the single seat Venom, with stubby upper intake on the forward top cowl. The NF3 and Sea Venom FAW22 had an enlarged upper intake. The rest was the same.

As has been suggested, from the Vampire F3 on, the booms are basically the same unit across the board. A fairing was built up over the T11, NF3 and Sea Venom units to change the shapes of the leading edge, but the construction of the boom is the same. Rudders differed between the marks, as did fitment of tailplane extensions.

---------------------

The type evolved and the Venom was originally the Vampire Mk 8! There were so many differences though that a new name was decided upon.
The Venom's had Ejection Seats, whereas the Vampire's didn't (apart from some T11's and Exported examples).
The Venom had an improved and larger engine making the fuselage pod larger. The Wing plan was totally different.

The Vampire is an earlier design. 1943 or 42 I believe was the first flight.

They look very similar, but some of the differences (as far as I can tell) are that the Vampire was primarily built of wood (!!) and had a shorter nose.
The venom's nose juts out past the cockpit where it is snubbed on the vampire. Also the venom's horizontal stabilizer extends out past the tail booms where the vampire's doesn't. Also the Venom has sweapt wings.
Those are the main exterior differences, although I'm sure there are many more.

NS.
neversommer is offline Find More Posts by neversommer
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2011, 08:20 AM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,297 Posts
Great news!!

I just finished reading up on both planes on Wiki.
Lots of differences but mostly like you would expect from a car going from one generation to the next.
The most notable difference is the swept back nature of the wings on the Venom compared to the Vampire and the booms and tail shapes are more P-38ish on the Venom than the Vampire.
They both seemed to have served well.
Orion Pax is offline Find More Posts by Orion Pax
Old Mar 10, 2011, 09:02 AM
lud
Making mischief in the air
Berkshire UK
Joined Jan 2008
880 Posts
see if you can get hold of the January edition of AEROPLANE
http://www.aeroplanemonthly.co.uk/back/ has 22 pages of high detail on the Venom - cutaways / history / operational use .. some VERY good data.
lud is offline Find More Posts by lud
Old Mar 10, 2011, 09:11 AM
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
Quote:
Great news!!

I just finished reading up on both planes on Wiki.
Lots of differences but mostly like you would expect from a car going from one generation to the next.
The most notable difference is the swept back nature of the wings on the Venom compared to the Vampire and the booms and tail shapes are more P-38ish on the Venom than the Vampire.
They both seemed to have served well.
And they still serve us well in Switzerland

And will soon as well for many many Jet lovers around the world

NS.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 09:12 AM
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lud View Post
see if you can get hold of the January edition of AEROPLANE
http://www.aeroplanemonthly.co.uk/back/ has 22 pages of high detail on the Venom - cutaways / history / operational use .. some VERY good data.
Is this meant for Optimus or for me BumbleBee ?

NS.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 09:25 AM
lud
Making mischief in the air
Berkshire UK
Joined Jan 2008
880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neversommer View Post
Is this meant for Optimus or for me BumbleBee ?

NS.
either or both it is a VERY GOOD piece of reference data.

MEGATRON
lud is offline Find More Posts by lud
Old Mar 10, 2011, 09:34 AM
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lud View Post
either or both it is a VERY GOOD piece of reference data.

MEGATRON
one shall stand..one shall fall

I wish I could get my hands on it..but I am not in the US.

NS.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 09:40 AM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,297 Posts
Quote:
And they still serve us well in Switzerland

And will soon as well for many many Jet lovers around the world

NS.
Not since 1983 have they served as military use but 20 remain flying in the world today. My suggestion is to start some production so we can put some 0s behind that 20 and get these baby's a longer service record.

PS. We still need more video. The Prime has spoken!!!
Old Mar 10, 2011, 09:48 AM
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
Quote:
Not since 1983 have they served as military use but 20 remain flying in the world today. My suggestion is to start some production so we can put some 0s behind that 20 and get these baby's a longer service record.

PS. We still need more video. The Prime has spoken!!!
Dont you worry Prime, I will do as many video's as soon as I get the Venom in my Hands.

Since this is our World Exclusive, you soon see many videos popping up on my youtube channel.

Subscribe now and you get the latest and greatest for our Hobby Future

NS

PS: Pax...you said the Prime has spoken....you talking about like that?

NS.
Last edited by neversommer; Mar 10, 2011 at 10:37 AM.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 10:03 AM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,297 Posts
Yeah, don't like that video much. Too much cussing, inappropriate for this thread/site.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 10:13 AM
still trying to get it right
benelux
Joined Feb 2009
680 Posts
Quote:
one shall stand..one shall fall

I wish I could get my hands on it..but I am not in the US.

NS.
Its a UK Company and they will ship to you no problem

Question please, how does it break down for transport?
yakhakker is offline Find More Posts by yakhakker
Old Mar 10, 2011, 10:39 AM
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakhakker View Post
Its a UK Company and they will ship to you no problem

Question please, how does it break down for transport?
We are preparing the whole Shipment stuff accordingly.

I or Ready2Fly direct will let you know when it is ready to provide more information.

I know everyone wants to know as much as possible...but this is a progress we want to plan carefully, so nothing get's lost in the progress.

Just tune in often, and you the more days,weeks will pass the more information we will provide to you guys.

Regards

NS.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 10:40 AM
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, don't like that video much. Too much cussing, inappropriate for this thread/site.
I think the clip is hilarious
Old Mar 10, 2011, 10:45 AM
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,297 Posts
I understand, a lot of people like Monty Python too but I fail to see the humor in that also.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 01:23 PM
still trying to get it right
benelux
Joined Feb 2009
680 Posts
Its an English thing
yakhakker is offline Find More Posts by yakhakker