HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 07, 2011, 04:49 AM
Registered User
neversommer's Avatar
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew954 View Post
Any word on flight flight characteristics of the Venom? I'm rather new to EDFs and building my first jet. The Airfield F-16 Falcon Tiger Edition. Any idea how much experience I'd need before I could tackle this jet?
I will post this Info as soon as I get the latest version in my hands.

I will do an In-The-Box Review and of course some testing videos and a close up of what this Bird is all about.

She does fly but really controllable in comparison to most other edf jets.

More will follow.

Neversommer.
neversommer is offline Find More Posts by neversommer
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2011, 04:51 AM
Registered User
neversommer's Avatar
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_E View Post
Absolutely agree! Lot's of us already fly one of the FlyFly jets and already have all the needed cells!


And please eliminate the panel lines, most of us will customize such a ship, and the first thing to go is the overdone panel lines. And I hate sanding...
Have just finalized a 737 with a fuse length of 174cm so I know what I'm talking about.

What fan is planned for this plane. I would certainly replace it with a wemo midifan

Ben_E

I noted this and forwarded it already on the Weekend, to make sure there are not a lot of panel lines included.

I saw this Bird already in person and it does not have that many panel lines than most other edf's out on the market.

Also I totally understand your point, I for myself have to get rid of them too...it just slows down the jet.

NS.
neversommer is offline Find More Posts by neversommer
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 07, 2011, 04:54 AM
Registered User
neversommer's Avatar
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarreraGTSCS View Post
I'm planning on pulling my 90mm Wemo out of the Fly Fly Mirage for this one. Mine uses 5s power on a 600-43 I think but I'm pretty sure it'll give nice scale looking flights.
You won't have to really.

My biggest part is to make sure we install a quality EDF Unit into this baby.

Those EDF Unit's coming into play are dynamically balanced just like Wemotec, and produces a Turbine close sound..you have more of a whooooooshh then a screaming unbalanced fan.

You got my word on this one.

I am very sensitive to EDF unit's...You won't find a similar starmax edf unit in this Venom.

NS.
neversommer is offline Find More Posts by neversommer
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 07, 2011, 04:56 AM
Registered User
neversommer's Avatar
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceeray View Post
Looks nice!

Neversommer: I would like a bit clarifying about the shipping and taxes from Ready2Fly.
Switzerland is not a part of EU->getting a parcel from Switzerland hits customs right away here (Finland) and adds 23% VAT + toll.

So it would be really convenient if the shipping would happen inside EU borders->price would be acceptable.
I think Ready2Fly already answered your Question now.. we will have a German distribution center, so the cost will be reduced to a minimum.

Hope this answer's your Question

NS.
neversommer is offline Find More Posts by neversommer
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 07, 2011, 06:18 AM
Registered User
Finland
Joined Jul 2004
654 Posts
Yep it did , thanks a lot. My wallet did not like this info tho..
Ceeray is online now Find More Posts by Ceeray
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 07, 2011, 07:40 AM
Registered User
neversommer's Avatar
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceeray View Post
Yep it did , thanks a lot. My wallet did not like this info tho..
I can feel for you my friend

Same goes for me!

My next jet Project is going to cost me a total of 4000Dollars, this is all top of the class products!

NS.
neversommer is offline Find More Posts by neversommer
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 08, 2011, 06:01 PM
Registered User
texbird's Avatar
USA, TX, Austin
Joined Jan 2011
359 Posts
IF you are keeping this exclusive, and truly want to become an international store, you need to add one more feature:

English



To your website.

On your home page there is a small English flag button but it is way down on left side and not visible on small resolution screens. 1. move this button to the top & make it bigger.

Even after you press this button, only SOME text is shown in English. Most is still in german. For example if you go to purchase a plane all the $$ options choices are still in German. Makes it kinda hard to order yah know?
So, 2. translate ALL text and currencies.
texbird is offline Find More Posts by texbird
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 08, 2011, 07:30 PM
hole digger
hole digger's Avatar
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2002
3,244 Posts
He! He! I sent an e-mail inquiring about the Venom. I received an answer right away in German.

Love to know what is says.
hole digger is offline Find More Posts by hole digger
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 08, 2011, 09:09 PM
Registered User
ukpaul's Avatar
Joined Aug 2006
719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hole digger View Post
He! He! I sent an e-mail inquiring about the Venom. I received an answer right away in German.

Love to know what is says.
http://uk.babelfish.yahoo.com/ might be worth a try. Cut and paste the German text, then select German to English from the drop down menu, and hit translate. It's not always spot on of course, but is normaly close enough to understand what was said.
ukpaul is offline Find More Posts by ukpaul
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2011, 05:49 AM
Registered User
neversommer's Avatar
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
We are working on the English website

NS.


Quote:
Originally Posted by texbird View Post
IF you are keeping this exclusive, and truly want to become an international store, you need to add one more feature:

English



To your website.

On your home page there is a small English flag button but it is way down on left side and not visible on small resolution screens. 1. move this button to the top & make it bigger.

Even after you press this button, only SOME text is shown in English. Most is still in german. For example if you go to purchase a plane all the $$ options choices are still in German. Makes it kinda hard to order yah know?
So, 2. translate ALL text and currencies.
neversommer is offline Find More Posts by neversommer
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2011, 05:50 AM
Registered User
neversommer's Avatar
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hole digger View Post
He! He! I sent an e-mail inquiring about the Venom. I received an answer right away in German.

Love to know what is says.
Can you please let me know what you received?

I could translate it for you

NS.
neversommer is offline Find More Posts by neversommer
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2011, 09:31 AM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Orion Pax's Avatar
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,297 Posts
I didn't see this question asked.

Are the tip tanks removable?

Thanks,
Orion
Orion Pax is offline Find More Posts by Orion Pax
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2011, 09:41 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2010
43 Posts
When /where can I get this
How much usd?
edfanman
EDFANMAN is offline Find More Posts by EDFANMAN
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2011, 07:50 AM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Orion Pax's Avatar
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,297 Posts
It was stated back on page 3 that they expect to hit market with this in June of 2011. They also stated the plans for a US based warehouse. The plane itself will be $449.00 usd.

I think it is high time for more video and picture footage of this plane. As for panel lines, someone took the time to do all of those and they may be deep and wide at some point but that's for molding purposes. I think the plane still looks great with all the lines and it helps with scale appeal. Not everybody wants to take the time to research and paint/draw in panel lines. They have appealed to the guys that want to put a battery in it and go fly...like me. I say they need to address the exit hole for the edf to see if they can get it down to about 80% FSA and pack it up and ship it. I think the plane is beautiful as she is with the hopes that the tip tanks are optional. The tip tanks look good but I think the straight wing would look better.

Off to go research the difference between a Venom and a Vampire...other than the rudder shape.
Orion Pax is offline Find More Posts by Orion Pax
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2011, 08:18 AM
Registered User
neversommer's Avatar
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax View Post
It was stated back on page 3 that they expect to hit market with this in June of 2011. They also stated the plans for a US based warehouse. The plane itself will be $449.00 usd.

I think it is high time for more video and picture footage of this plane. As for panel lines, someone took the time to do all of those and they may be deep and wide at some point but that's for molding purposes. I think the plane still looks great with all the lines and it helps with scale appeal. Not everybody wants to take the time to research and paint/draw in panel lines. They have appealed to the guys that want to put a battery in it and go fly...like me. I say they need to address the exit hole for the edf to see if they can get it down to about 80% FSA and pack it up and ship it. I think the plane is beautiful as she is with the hopes that the tip tanks are optional. The tip tanks look good but I think the straight wing would look better.

Off to go research the difference between a Venom and a Vampire...other than the rudder shape.

Hi Orion Pax

Drop Tanks are removable by strong rare earth magnets.

Autobot's ....Transform and ROLL OUT!




NS.
neversommer is offline Find More Posts by neversommer
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log De Havilland DH-53 Hummingbird 53" of course Paul Susbauer Scale Kit/Scratch Built 53 Jun 07, 2013 04:38 PM
Sold De havilland tiger moth $160 shipped kevin finn Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 7 Oct 02, 2010 06:54 AM
Discussion de Havilland D.H. 112 Venom foxsavage Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 5 Jul 05, 2008 01:13 AM
Build Log de Havilland Venom ukdalai Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 13 Jan 11, 2007 05:39 PM
de havilland venom ryan d. Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 67 Jan 21, 2003 04:40 AM