Old Mar 02, 2011, 09:50 AM
You win again gravity!
UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGTX View Post
A very good point!!

To my eye, the more interesting schemes were from other places...but I think I saw an all red version with British emblems on it...
Your second picture above is an RAF plane.
SMorrisRC is offline Find More Posts by SMorrisRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2011, 10:12 AM
Cut the yellow wire
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
8,996 Posts
Photos

Pics of the scheme I like from the Fiber Classics site althoyugh I'd prefer the silver without the decals applied so I can paint it myself. If it's not going to be made in China then I'm afraid the price will put a lot of buyers out of the running including me unless it's to be available as a reasonably priced airframe only option.
CarreraGTSCS is online now Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
Old Mar 02, 2011, 10:41 AM
Spaceplanes...
Nr Glastonbury, Somerset, UK
Joined Oct 2006
311 Posts
Has to be an RAF scheme!

I'm in!

G

Damage is offline Find More Posts by Damage
Old Mar 02, 2011, 10:52 AM
Capt, USAF
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
Personally, I like this quite a bit! The jet in the video looks great to me, but since I'm not so familiar with the original aircraft itself, I couldn't tell you what -If anything- looks out of place.

I actually love the panel lines, lights, and 6S power. The batteries are expensive for sure, but I have a couple of other jets that use a 6S 3800-4000 pack, so if this jet takes the same size, it will allow me to standardize my fleet power requirements!

If it performs well out of the box, with a low failure rate this could be a pretty solid offering. I know NS is always talking about how great it would be if a major manufacturer would finally offer up a plane made with high-quality components that can actually be trusted to perform well right out of the box.

My biggest reservation will be pricing - More specifically O/S shipping, which we all know will be costly for anyone looking to procure this jet in the USA. Maybe a USA dealer agreement could be reached with someone over the pond: This would allow Ready2Fly to save on shipping costs with a single freight shipment. Localized redistribution to buyers seems more cost-effective than charging each buyer a per-unit O/S shipment cost.
Roswalt is offline Find More Posts by Roswalt
Old Mar 02, 2011, 11:06 AM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMorrisRC View Post
Your second picture above is an RAF plane.
I guess you're right. I thought that was the French flag on the tail.
MRGTX is offline Find More Posts by MRGTX
Old Mar 02, 2011, 11:19 AM
Joined Jun 2009
19 Posts
The price in the US will be around US$ 449.- we are defining the distribution channels at the moment :-)

I am sure we will find a good solution for you guys!

Expected market time will be June 2011!

Of course we will also offer a kit version and a plain silver painted version - so you can give your own touch to it :-)
ready2fly.ch is offline Find More Posts by ready2fly.ch
Old Mar 02, 2011, 12:29 PM
Throttle Bender
Joined Jun 2008
1,218 Posts
Please don't use the infamous 9g servos of unknown origin.
merlinfan is offline Find More Posts by merlinfan
Old Mar 02, 2011, 01:38 PM
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
To choose also another Paint Scheme is in my opinion and the one from Ready2Fly to early.
Surely we will look into it in the future but for now we want to produce a solid looking and flying edf jet.

You know me by know how much I criticize other manufacturers for not doing their job right.

I was today at Ready2Fly and had a first look at the Venom, and let me tell you.....it looks better in person then on the pictures itself!!!

I will get a Version soon of the Venom and will of course do a in-depth run for each and every single point of this EPO Beauty.

The EPO Quality is some of the best I have seen yet, very smooth and you don't see the pores to much.

Yes there are lines,etc which I don't like either...but in comparison to other EDF Jet's there are MUCH less panel lines to really cause wind turbulence.

I will test this Jet on everything I have.

You will be surprised to what EDF Unit's will be chosen for this Model

Ready2Fly has done a tremendous Job on this Venom, and there is more to come on Information for everyone.

Also if the time is right, I will start a POLL with a few variations of color scheme's, to see where we are heading for people choices and likes as well as dislikes.

Stay Safe Everyone

NS.
neversommer is offline Find More Posts by neversommer
Old Mar 02, 2011, 01:41 PM
Cut the yellow wire
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
8,996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2fly.ch View Post
The price in the US will be around US$ 449.- we are defining the distribution channels at the moment :-)

I am sure we will find a good solution for you guys!

Expected market time will be June 2011!

Of course we will also offer a kit version and a plain silver painted version - so you can give your own touch to it :-)

Fantastic news!!
CarreraGTSCS is online now Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
Old Mar 02, 2011, 01:46 PM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,268 Posts
http://www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1059175/
easy choice.

Whats the empty AUW without electronics and gear ?
Whats the exhaust diameter ?
Can we get a plain WHITE one not silver ?
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Mar 02, 2011, 08:18 PM
Throttle Bender
Joined Jun 2008
1,218 Posts
Thief, that's a bad ass picture! Looks like Batman would fly it. I love Dehavilland prop planes but have never been a fan of their twin boom jets. I'm starting to see the beauty in them though. I would buy one of these in a heartbeat even if the only color was silver. Hoping for an RAF cammo one!
merlinfan is offline Find More Posts by merlinfan
Old Mar 03, 2011, 03:26 AM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,268 Posts
If i can get plain white or matt camo in 70mm at a reasonable price then im in , 90mm for me is too expensive and will take up too much room. The De Havilland trio of V's are beautiful jets , we have the Sea Venom and the Vampire in the museum not far from here.
http://www.neam.org.uk/Exhibits/Exhibits.htm

Not the best museum in the world and some of the aircraft are still under restoration but they are bloody nice. If i had the money that Avro Vulcan would be mine very very closely followed by the Vampire.........and the Venom............ the Hunter...........the Comet..............lol , shame they havent got a Spit and a Harrier i'd be camped outside living on noodles but a very happy man
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Mar 03, 2011, 04:31 AM
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief View Post
http://www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1059175/
easy choice.

Whats the empty AUW without electronics and gear ?
Whats the exhaust diameter ?
Can we get a plain WHITE one not silver ?
Wait for more Information please.

A smaller Venom is yet not to be released anytime soon.

NS.
Old Mar 03, 2011, 04:33 AM
me, right now.
United States, NC, Clayton
Joined Nov 2009
498 Posts
Very Nice! but is the cobra maneuver available??... XD.. j/k.
hooligan russ is offline Find More Posts by hooligan russ
Old Mar 03, 2011, 05:00 AM
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan russ View Post
Very Nice! but is the cobra maneuver available??... XD.. j/k.
Of Course XD

This is the ULTIMATE WEAPON!!

Didn't you know

j/k.

NS.