Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 21, 2012, 08:55 PM
hole digger
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2002
3,276 Posts
Perry

that will work good choice of the setup. I'm using the HET 700-68-2250 with the Cobra. Just ordered two 65c 5000 Thunderpower 6s packs. There goes the alamony payment for the first wife but I was fair. Put her name in the hat and she lost.

Pete
hole digger is offline Find More Posts by hole digger
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by hole digger; Mar 21, 2012 at 09:01 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2012, 07:03 PM
Coldwater, Mi. USA
Joined Jul 2000
808 Posts
another dozen or so flights this weekend.........

I purchased some SkyLipo 5000 mah 30c 6cell packs and I'm able to do over 7 minutes of flying like in my video on page 21 of this thread.

The grass at my field still hasn't been cut yet this year, but the Venom manages pretty well.

I'm running about 2250 watts at take-off w/ the Jetfan 90.

I'm going to order another Venom ( for back-up) because I like to have an interesting everyday jet to fly. (Hell, I might order 2 in order to save on the shipping costs)

-DG
Dave Grife is offline Find More Posts by Dave Grife
Old Mar 25, 2012, 08:41 PM
hole digger
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2002
3,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Grife View Post
I purchased some SkyLipo 5000 mah 30c 6cell packs and I'm able to do over 7 minutes of flying like in my video on page 21 of this thread.

The grass at my field still hasn't been cut yet this year, but the Venom manages pretty well.

I'm running about 2250 watts at take-off w/ the Jetfan 90.

I'm going to order another Venom ( for back-up) because I like to have an interesting everyday jet to fly. (Hell, I might order 2 in order to save on the shipping costs)

-DG
Dave
I wonder is it would be feasible to order 6 or more and do a group buy. I would not mind another one for the closet.
Just would love to have the time to get this one in the air. I should have some pictures and close to a maiden next week.

Pete
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 25, 2012, 09:14 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hole digger View Post
Dave
I wonder is it would be feasible to order 6 or more and do a group buy. I would not mind another one for the closet.
Just would love to have the time to get this one in the air. I should have some pictures and close to a maiden next week.

Pete
Depending on the savings and if Ready2Fly would even do a Group Buy and ship them to different places in N. America (ie, Canada), I would seriously consider it. As it is, this Venom is not in the cards for me.
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Old Mar 26, 2012, 05:10 PM
Coldwater, Mi. USA
Joined Jul 2000
808 Posts
You guys are gonna hate me

Last Tues. I placed an order for two Venom kits because the shipping was the same for two or one.

Much to my shock, look what arrived today....

So I've got one flying great, and one spare, and one that I'm not entirely sure exactly what I'm going to do with.

Nice to be in such a position.

-DG
Old Mar 26, 2012, 05:54 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Grife View Post
Last Tues. I placed an order for two Venom kits because the shipping was the same for two or one.
Did they come via postal service? Any chance you could post the dimensions of one of those boxes and a guess at the weight? If it cost the same to ship 2, kinda makes you wonder what the real cost is for shipping one.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 06:15 PM
hole digger
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2002
3,276 Posts
Dave

Congraulations!! They actually shipped two for the price of one? Would you mind if I asked what the final price was for two?

Pete
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 26, 2012, 06:34 PM
Coldwater, Mi. USA
Joined Jul 2000
808 Posts
P.M.- - you Pete,

-DG
Old Mar 26, 2012, 07:12 PM
hole digger
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2002
3,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
Did they come via postal service? Any chance you could post the dimensions of one of those boxes and a guess at the weight? If it cost the same to ship 2, kinda makes you wonder what the real cost is for shipping one.
DHL from Europe then it disappears when it it's the US. Mine was delivered by USPS but the post man couldn't figure it out either.

Pete
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 26, 2012, 07:18 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hole digger View Post
DHL from Europe then it disappears when it it's the US. Mine was delivered by USPS but the post man couldn't figure it out either.

Pete
Thanks. Still trying to figure out if it's feasable to have it shipped to my friend in England, then have him ship it to me or bring it to me next time he visits here. Can't get an estimate without box size and weight.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 08:30 PM
AMA 670207
United States, WA, Sumner
Joined Oct 2000
2,774 Posts
You can send me the other kit Dave.

Seriously.

UPDATE. I'll have to pass.
Rudderman98 is offline Find More Posts by Rudderman98
Last edited by Rudderman98; Mar 27, 2012 at 03:25 AM.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 02:28 AM
AMA 670207
United States, WA, Sumner
Joined Oct 2000
2,774 Posts
Look what the mailman brought today!

The Vampire has a big brother now. I'm thoroughly impressed with the quality of the kit. It's everything you guys said it was.

Perry
Rudderman98 is offline Find More Posts by Rudderman98
Last edited by Rudderman98; Mar 27, 2012 at 03:09 AM.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 02:18 PM
hole digger
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2002
3,276 Posts
Added some guns and detail to the cockpit. I'm sure it's not accurate but what the hell.

I made a template for a thrust tube choking it down to 75mm at the exit. If anybody would like a copy I can e-mail it to you.

Pete
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 29, 2012, 06:42 PM
Coldwater, Mi. USA
Joined Jul 2000
808 Posts
Hey Pete,

Nice mods, how did you lift the canopy off without messing up the finish.????

Four more flights on mine today, logged about 35 or so now.

Flying site was finally mowed, that helped.

-DG

maybe looking to sell Venom # 3 to a good home, two seems good for me.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 07:35 PM
hole digger
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2002
3,276 Posts
Thanks Dave

I have an exacto blade with a flat edge. The canopy is not glued on that well. Just take some time and little by little it comes off.

Photo shopped the interior of the net then adjusted to the size that fit. If you would like the pictures I have them.

Tamiya (spray) silver leaf is an exact match. Shot some in the top of the can and applyed with a brush.

Pete
RCG Plus Member