BRIARCROFT is offline Find More Posts by BRIARCROFT
Old May 13, 2011, 04:29 AM
lud
Making mischief in the air
Berkshire UK
Joined Jan 2008
880 Posts
Patience !!

A virtue that appears to be in short supply on RCG !
lud is offline Find More Posts by lud
Old May 13, 2011, 04:38 AM
Go FASST or go home...
Bergen, Norway
Joined Nov 2002
3,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lud View Post
Patience !!

A virtue that appears to be in short supply on RCG !
Well, there is a reason for that!

Too many times have suppliers and producers announced that soon there will be this fantastic product available. Itīs called a hype! You have generated it yourself, so now you have to stand up and handle it!

Ben_E
Ben_E is offline Find More Posts by Ben_E
Old May 13, 2011, 06:48 AM
lud
Berkshire UK
Joined Jan 2008
880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_E View Post
Well, there is a reason for that!

Too many times have suppliers and producers announced that soon there will be this fantastic product available. Itīs called a hype! You have generated it yourself, so now you have to stand up and handle it!

Ben_E
well I sorta understand but dont you just wait for it to show up??

I dont see what is the point in getting fired up and upset about what is really a toy for us (call it a professional hobby if you want)

Hype is there to be ignored .. I hope that the venom is produced, but in the meantime if it's beaten to production by another manufacturer of a similar quality then I'd buy that if i had a mind to.

I personally dont see the need to stamp up and down shouting I need it now.. I demand it yesterday .. or such like. just seems rude to me.

J.M.O
Old May 22, 2011, 11:01 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,007 Posts
This happens all the time. People generate hype and then kinda disappear leaving peoples hopes sky high. Yes these are essentially toys. The thing is it's hard to ignore the hype when things have some meaning for people. Many of these planes, or as you said "Toys", have a special meaning to a lot of us. When a model is announced, for many of us it's something that a relative worked on, or flew, or it was a plane we saw with our father as a kid at a show.

SO when people are irresponsible by announcing a model that is far from available because, they can't wait and feel the need to tell the world instead of waiting until things are in place for the model to go to market, and people are left wondering and asking questions that go unanswered it IS annoying. It's funny when they want to generate the hype they'll almost post your ear off but, when they fail to do what they promised they disappear.

I really like the Venom but, I can wait....quietly and patiently. However I don't blame anyone for voicing their concerns.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kuczy; May 22, 2011 at 11:08 PM.
Old May 23, 2011, 09:01 AM
lud
Berkshire UK
Joined Jan 2008
880 Posts
Hry Kuzy I agree with you
"Many of these have a special meaning to a lot of us. "

Thats a given otherwise we wouldnt be so excited /dissapointed - I'd love to see a Venom or any other mid 50's /60's Jet. I've seen em fly, sat in a few n followed them round the country @ airshows.

Whilst I fully understand why we're frustrated (for this & every other model we'd ever held our breaths for)

I do believe that being polite costs nothing and makes the world & RCG a nicer place to be in. (call me an old hippy huh)

Neversomer, any chance of some updates please ??
Old May 23, 2011, 09:29 AM
No guts No glory
Netherlands
Joined Jun 2010
33 Posts
Quote:
I do believe that being polite costs nothing and makes the world & RCG a nicer place to be in. (call me an old hippy huh)

Neversomer, any chance of some updates please ??
I do believe that being polite should begin with the announcer of this "news" by not wasting our time with BS promises (called "facts" by him...ha ha ha ).
Every single stated "fact" until now about setting up German warehouse, English website, getting out more detailed product information and so on, turned out to be BS.
Even if the plane will be availlable in the future I will never spend my money on products from a company acting like this. Imo they lost all credibility.
My 2 cts
Hansi1959 is offline Find More Posts by Hansi1959
Old May 26, 2011, 08:33 AM
Capt, USAF
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Feb 2009
919 Posts
Hype is my least favorite thing about this hobby in general. It kills me!

Seems like the favored guerrilla tactic of many companies these days - "Wait, don't buy that proven airplane from my competitor because tomorrow I'll be selling a plane 10 times as nice for half the price!"

Tomorrow then takes 8 months to arrive, but in the interim they keep baiting you with "it's only been delayed a few weeks, please save your money for us!"

Banana Hobby is absolutely notorious for this tactic.
Roswalt is online now Find More Posts by Roswalt
Old May 27, 2011, 11:00 AM
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
Hello Everyone

Got a few Information Points for everyone here.

First of all, I am very sorry for the Delay of this Venom, but due to the fact that the inital model which you saw from my first post has changed quite a bit now.

The Moulding of the Prototype was not really correct, and a new moulding process is very slow and expensive as well.

The new mouldings have been completed and the latest addition should arrive now within a week or 2.

I will get informed asap once it arrives and my batteries are waiting for it as well.

Now..the other part was chosing carefully the servos, esc and the rest of the equipment.

Since all this has been set and if we are happy with the 2nd Generation of the Prototype..it will get produced for everyone.

The Website itself is in the progress of changing as well. Now the English Version will be available shortly.
Reason for this Delay is the ERP System behind the website.

There is a lot of movement going on with this Venom.

It comes in with a bit of a delay but within the next 2 weeks you will see some more pics..and hopefully movies as well.

For all those you think this is kind of a BH kinda company needs to wake up.
The Quality Control of this Jet is nothing like a BH Jet at all.
Yes there is Delay but it is cause we choose the RIGHT Components.

We even thought have it released earlier..but the prototype did not look right..I saw it myself.

And if we thought ok...lets ship it out...you all would say and think the same as we do.

Don't give up your hopes yet.

If you lost interest or believe we are just a hype machine, then I ask you not to post here any further and unnecessary comments.

Producing a product, requires a lot of time to get it done right.
Unless everyone wants a cheap jet, that you will spend more time doing mods on it, then actually fly it?
Cheap Esc's?
Cheap Servos?
Buggy Electronics?

Sure you want it, we would have released it much earlier.
But then you would hate us for it as well, like some of you do now.

There is no such win-win situation right now.

However if you do Wait...trust me, it will be worthwile, cause we choose some very nice stuff for this Venom.

Regards

NS.
neversommer is offline Find More Posts by neversommer
Old May 27, 2011, 03:02 PM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,297 Posts
Thanks for the update Neversommer!

Y'all just keep doing what you do and as long as the plane is right when it gets here then it will do wonderfully. I am looking forward to it and hope to be one of the first to own this. Keep us posted.

Orion
Orion Pax is offline Find More Posts by Orion Pax
Old May 27, 2011, 03:40 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,013 Posts
thanks for the update ...best to do it right the first time ....we just want our toys to play with now
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old May 28, 2011, 09:20 AM
Joined Oct 2005
1,535 Posts
Anxiously waiting to see her in the air! Like the old saying goes: All things come to those who wait. Even though I'm about to finish my first jet. An Airfield F-16, I'm already looking for next winters build. And this Venom ranks pretty high on the list of must haves.
matthew954 is offline Find More Posts by matthew954
Old Jun 17, 2011, 08:09 AM
lud
Berkshire UK
Joined Jan 2008
880 Posts
Hey Neversomer...

Hows this bird coming ? 2weeks n counting don't wanna get to the same situation as the Windrider Hurricane do we ?!!

I checked the Ready2fly website n no changes there ? can you give an up date on whats happening please.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 01:39 PM
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
Quote:
Hey Neversomer...

Hows this bird coming ? 2weeks n counting don't wanna get to the same situation as the Windrider Hurricane do we ?!!

I checked the Ready2fly website n no changes there ? can you give an up date on whats happening please.
The Moulds and everything on the Vampire just finished a few days ago and they are now putting it togheter and getting it ready ship( probably on the way now)

We made a few minor changes on the electronic equipment as well as we were not so happy with a few things so this delayed the situation now a bit.

However we are getting 1 step closer, and 2 steps closer to have it very soon now it our hands.

It should arrive within the next week or 2.

NS.
neversommer is offline Find More Posts by neversommer