HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by slopemeno, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 07:49 PM
Joined Jan 2003
6,929 Posts
Discussion
This is NOT a for sale/wanted ad, but...

This is NOT a for sale/wanted thread, but are you like me- do you have that que of planes in your head that you want to build, maybe*again*, and the kits are long gone?

Here's what slopemeno would like to build again, or have stuffed in the rafters for a rainy day, or be able to hand off to young Alex, his nephew:

Another TG-3 kit or two (or three) :That was the VW Microbus of slope soarers back in the mid to late 90's. The first one I was was owned by Phil Lonz. It was such a cool, simple idea that I had to have one. Mine flew great- it would hang with the CR Climmax in light lift, but would dive so fast it was ridiculous. I flew it in every kind of condition from flat-field off of a high start to 40 mph at the coast. I finally gave it to a kid I met when I was flying on a slope in Oakland in the late 90's. I hope he got some use out of it.

The Zipper: That was a fun little plane- I'd probably go for the 48" version though, and the other airfoil- the less pitchy one- this time please. I'm putting servos in the wing of the next one too. I need a canopy if anyone has one.

The Bowmans Ruffneck/Commanche. Not fast- not even super maneuverable, but they were fun. I picked one up off the want ads a few years ago but I'd like another. I'm surprised someone hasn't copied it with a more modern airfoil and issued it, like Skyking, or L2 etc.

The original Zagis- made from white foam with no EPP. They were cheap, thin, fast, and flew like nothing we had seen before. I wish I had a line on some of them. I was crazy not to buy 10 and save them.

An original Sparrow II. Yeah, I know, NSP, but those planes were simple, inexpensive, and a lot of fun. I still have the wing off of my first- bought in 1997. I flew that Sparrow everywhere- Cape Blanco, all over CA and AZ. When the fuselage finally crumpled in my hand into a wad of CA dust it was a sad day. I got something like 9 years of use out of it, and hundreds of hours of flying.

What one have I been able to snag and put in the secret storage unit? Well, there's Whirlwinds, Higgins Alias', Higgins F-5's and F-20's, Foamerons, Multiplex Super Alphas, Shredders and Shredder accessories, Turbos in about every variant short of the 'glass wing, Contender parts, a whole CR Raider, a bunch of Slope Scale 109s, a P-80 and a Slope Stream, Fun-1's x3, A Vento, a Voltij, a Tempest, and a clean used Ridge Runner (by now Fee Waybills voice should be sounding like he's on helium...)
slopemeno is offline Find More Posts by slopemeno
to remove ads between posts