HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 25, 2011, 09:48 PM
Joined Dec 2003
360 Posts
Help!
Extended wing(72") Big lazy bee

Converting gas-to-electric for a friend, wondering what the cg range is,he can't find the plans.
Thanks
Hawker007 is offline Find More Posts by Hawker007
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2011, 01:45 AM
I broke it
USA, NC, Clayton
Joined Feb 2001
5,714 Posts
5.75" back from the LE, or just in front of the main spar is whats shown....I'll prolly just balance mine on the spar
David Hogue is offline Find More Posts by David Hogue
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 26, 2011, 10:01 AM
Visitor from Reality
United States, VA, Arlington
Joined Dec 1996
12,788 Posts
The BOC (Bee Owners Club) mostly hangs out in the 'Sports' forum.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1279471 is the place for big Bees. Most Bee stuff is applicable across the range of Bees various, and there's threads down there for EveryBee.

On the mainspar will do fine, Bees ain't that fussy to a 1/4".

Regards

Dereck
Six Lazy Bees, three Speedy Bees, and now I have a Turbo Bee kit...
Dereck is offline Find More Posts by Dereck
Old Apr 02, 2011, 08:51 AM
Joined Jan 2011
143 Posts
Dereck,

What's your opinion on adding Ailerons to a 72" Big Lazy Bee for FPV work?

Worth it? Or not really?

Considering a build!
Strudel is offline Find More Posts by Strudel
Old Apr 02, 2011, 10:35 AM
Visitor from Reality
United States, VA, Arlington
Joined Dec 1996
12,788 Posts
Hi Strudel
The big hangout for the BOC (Bee Owners Club) is down in sports, there's a lot of good info down there on all shapes and sizes.

Ailerons - okay, cast of one, but I've never had the urge to fit ailerons to any of my Lazy Bees. You may wish to drop by the BOC in Sports and ask around the Big Bee folk though.

Andy C did sell a Speedy Bee wing with ailerons converted to fit on a 40" regular Lazy Bee fuselage, but mostly because enough asked him for it that he'd make money out of it.

Never heard of anyone who liked it.

I've stuck with the 40" Lazy bee-cause it fits in my little cars better and is far more rioutous to fly A Big Bee is a lot more sedate on the whole, though can still be slung through some Bee-ish party tricks.

You could be the leader of the new 'FBeeV' pack here. Most people would like a Bee, some of us can't live without one.

Good luck with your project

Dereck
Dereck is offline Find More Posts by Dereck