HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 24, 2011, 05:35 PM
Joined Feb 2011
2 Posts
Idea
Parkzone Micro Binding Problem

Hey I just wanted to throw this out there for anyone else having a binding issue. The other day I decided to mount some super tiny hyper bright SMD LEDS to my P-51. So after I had completed my work (at my work station/kitchen table) I powered it up without the TX on. This seems to from time to time break my binding, but my lights powered up fine and my current draw was acceptable. Oh and my lights were super bright !

To the point; When I tried to rebind sitting at my kitchen table... I mean work station, I could not get a successful bind. Turns out that my computers built in wireless card was messing with it. My computer was ~4" from the plane when trying to bind. I figured it out when afterwards I tried to search the internet to find a solution, and my computer would not pick up my router, or any other router in my building...

Morale of the story: Do not try to bind your 2.4GHz TX while around a WiFi (2.4GHz) Transceiver.
d333b is offline Find More Posts by d333b
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2011, 12:05 AM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
4,982 Posts
I didn't have any trouble binding my Beast or any of my other planes in the house and I have a wireless for internet.
I did have trouble when I got a new plane at the JR Indoor and tried to bind it. The rec locked onto some other transmitter and wouldn't bind to my transmitter. So I waited a while, then I bound it to my transmitter.
Could it be the brand of WiFi that makes a difference? I am using linksys unit.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Maiden Flight today.