Closed Thread
Old Feb 23, 2011, 03:08 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Discussion
Blade SR friendly chat forum..

As some of us were enjoying our chatting on the Blade SR forum till the police showed up I thought we needed one of out own were we could talk as friends and not worry about the police... So here it is....
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2011, 03:11 PM
Joined Apr 2009
745 Posts
Flight time is offline Find More Posts by Flight time
Old Feb 23, 2011, 03:11 PM
Hovering until my thumbs bleed
USA, WA, Mountlake Terrace
Joined Dec 2010
963 Posts
Good idea Bob. I can post here, I hope, without feeling bad about posting SR and non-SR stuff.
newbheliusr is offline Find More Posts by newbheliusr
Old Feb 23, 2011, 03:12 PM
Joined Dec 2010
963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight time View Post
You got enough popcorn for everybody, right?
Old Feb 23, 2011, 03:13 PM
Joined Apr 2009
745 Posts
Yep
Flight time is offline Find More Posts by Flight time
Old Feb 23, 2011, 03:13 PM
Joined Dec 2010
963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight time View Post
Yep
I like you man, you're funny. Thanks for the popcorn...........

Special thanks to Bob of course..........
Old Feb 23, 2011, 03:16 PM
Joined Dec 2010
963 Posts
I hope this is ok. My servo for the T-REX has shipped. I will get it tomorrow. I have some weird training at work I have to do. So I get off at 12:30 tonight, and have to be back in at 8 am for 8 hours of training. So, when I get home tomorrow my servo will be here and I can go to work replacing it.

This thread has made me very happy that it was started. I like you folks so much, and have given me far more advice and help than I have ever given back. I consider you guys friends.........thank you.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 03:19 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbheliusr View Post
I hope this is ok. My servo for the T-REX has shipped. I will get it tomorrow. I have some weird training at work I have to do. So I get off at 12:30 tonight, and have to be back in at 8 am for 8 hours of training. So, when I get home tomorrow my servo will be here and I can go to work replacing it.

This thread has made me very happy that it was started. I like you folks so much, and have given me far more advice and help than I have ever given back. I consider you guys friends.........thank you.
Yes I would of missed the good and bad times we have shared on the SR thread..

I'm trying to get in the mood to work on the Copter X 250 Flymentor some more but thinking more of just going and taking a nap till all the snow melts.. again..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Feb 23, 2011, 03:21 PM
Joined Dec 2010
963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Yes I would of missed the good and bad times we have shared on the SR thread..

I'm trying to get in the mood to work on the Copter X 250 Flymentor some more but thinking more of just going and taking a nap till all the snow melts.. again..
Hibernation huh?

I would have missed talking to you Bob, and Ray, and Joel, and everyone else who has followed me. I guess TomC doesn't care. I guess he can enjoy that other thread now, perhaps by himself.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 03:21 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
How dare you talk about that other heli....just kidding, of course.
I like these casual threads. Much more relaxed and FUN!!!
thanks Bob

regards,
Bill
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Old Feb 23, 2011, 03:27 PM
drh
Rhode Island
Joined Aug 2007
220 Posts
Hi

Can I join in here?

I liked that thread, very informative for sure. I've been following the impressions here on the direct drive variable pitch tail rotor setup. How many people here have tried it? I know of one person so far.

I just bought some CP Pro flat-bottom wood blades for my SR, I hope to try them this weekend if the weather permits. They seem to be quite a bit lighter than the stock SR blades.
drh is offline Find More Posts by drh
Old Feb 23, 2011, 03:29 PM
Joined Dec 2010
963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drh View Post
Can I join in here?

I liked that thread, very informative for sure. I've been following the impressions here on the direct drive variable pitch tail rotor setup. How many people here have tried it? I know of one person so far.

I just bought some CP Pro flat-bottom wood blades for my SR, I hope to try them this weekend if the weather permits. They seem to be quite a bit lighter than the stock SR blades.
Just don't try and fly inverted with them. I have a DDVP on order, and it should be here in the next week or 2. I'll let you know how I get along with it.

I am just more into my T-REX 450 as I just built it. But I still like the SR and am nowhere near a pro with it. And I am probably not qualified to even fly a T-REX, but I wanted so bad to build one.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 04:20 PM
Have Guitar Will Travel
The Digital Domain
Joined Nov 2008
1,367 Posts
My new best friend:

TravisBean is offline Find More Posts by TravisBean
Old Feb 23, 2011, 05:41 PM
EDF Junkie
Pacific Northwest
Joined Oct 2007
1,496 Posts
My new best friend (perhaps)??

Sometimes I have a real hard time seeing the small parts on my models. I heard about this little device while riding on a plane last week to Atlanta. Magnifiers don't work so good for me so this might be my answer.
NwRcFlight is offline Find More Posts by NwRcFlight
Old Feb 23, 2011, 05:50 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwRcFlight View Post
Sometimes I have a real hard time seeing the small parts on my models. I heard about this little device while riding on a plane last week to Atlanta. Magnifiers don't work so good for me so this might be my answer.
I bought myself a set of these:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-MAGNIFIER-GLA...item53e6471274
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Closed Thread